Misbun gives Hafiz two more chances

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by alfa-2, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    How can I take away your deserved title?

In fact you have two - King Stirrer and now King Kiasu!
    Not surprised if you get another. ;)

2. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    there, you have already said it.:D:D:D

3. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Frankly, I think Hafiz has done what he could by winning the 1st game and saving 5 match points before going down to PSH in the 2nd round.

Let's see what he can do in the next stop in Hong Kong. If BAM and Misbun can give him 4 years to "resurrect", why can't we give him another month?

4. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    i understood why HH lost, just that X Ball was so sure that HH would win, but he is just being X Ball:D:D:D............PSH is simply too good for anyone at this moment.......except for LCW. heheheh...............;)

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Hafiz deserve a praise this time from me eventhough he lost. The way he played in this CO so far is totally different from the way he play few tournaments before. I would like to see him go far and win during the Simon match in Hong Kong.

6. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    He will play against SS in the 1st round?? it will be tough and i don't think he could really make it. sorry.........

7. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    May be he needs to lose some more fat on his waistline to advance far. As long as he is serious and realize competitions are fierce, I have hope he will deliver! Hafiz is still the most talented Malaysian player in recent history and he should know his fan is very forgiving.

8. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

Huh, Hafiz Hashim? Who? Gosh, I am speechless regarding him. I think I am also human to say that he has been given more than enough chances, unlike many others (sorry, to say this) but it's so true. When he goes to court, somehow I never have faith in him winning any matches. His usual lacklustre attitude on court, it's totally disheartening to watch. Can't blame me, I also like to remember winners, and enjoys watching great displays by many other players with great personalities and fighting spirits, and the passion to try and win matches. Sad to say, he don't display any of that in my eyes. Shame on you BAM, afterall the disappointments, one after another, it's time to discard him. Let him go do his own soul searching... why not sponsor him a trip to some remote country in Africa, or maybe dump him in Calcutta, India and he may find himself. MY 2 cents worth.

9. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Without watching the game, I can already tell that Hafiz must be too excited after taking the first game. Then he would start playing all his fancy shots on the second, and when he realize he must not do all the fancy shots on the rubber game, he ran out of stamina...

10. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Hafiz played really well today.;...I think Misbum will keep him if he played like yestreday...LCW and his gang were cheering for him.....

11. bcmmgr

bcmmgr Regular Member

One chance down, one more chance for this month, Next month it will reset to zero again, cause the system is monthly basis......

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yes, I think if he had done poorly I would not hesitate to call for his head. But what do you do if he did play well ? HKO should be another target he has to play well else he truly lives up to the nickname the guys gave him "the yoyo king".

I still think for financial reasons he will step up eventually else he would give without us prompting him.

13. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

All the names I gave you and you turn them on me ? What is this ?:D;) Be original my friend.

14. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Uncle Loh is a typical Copy CAT :eek:
    So, I owe u SATAY as the dwarf beat the Chinese Junior MD pair on a close game.. ;)

15. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Hafiz mis understood what Misbun means

He had mis understood what Misbun means la.. He though Misbun ask him to stop at Round 2... What Misbun means is give him 2 changes.. Both also with number 2.. so Hafiz confuse lo...:D:D:D

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Uncle Sam, don't make Lady Cat angry again by taking away her title! ;)

As for X Ball, he needs to change his crystal ball for despite his urgings, pronouncements, including title giving to others, HH still got beaten by PSH, who should be a very tired man after his victory over LD, so X Ball claimed. :D:D:D

17. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

i m KOPI CAT, not COPY CAT...COPY CAT title belongs to Uncle Loh:D:D:D

18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

hahaha Loh, paying attention to what I said and making it sound like I am GOD - I like that.

HH should have beaten PSH but obviously, he failed. And I also said he should quit if he does not beat PSH. But in life, there are always excuses, including for me (I am not GOD). HH was perhaps more tired than PSH.

I also said HH played well despite the fact he lost. One must be adaptable coz there is never a hard and fast rule in life. HH now has one more chance if we interpret Misbun correctly -- let us hope he does not blow it.

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Glad to note you've now taken a second look at your crystal ball and is instructed by ... to change your view of life to be more flexible - apply whatever that best suits you for the occasion! :rolleyes:

So now you earned another title as the FLEXI KING! :D:D:D

20. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

If were on one extreme, you are the other end of that extreme.:mad: But my extreme is more pleasant that yours of negating people. In your eyes, there is no grey and everyone is 'black' when they show signs of being black.

I think we all know that HH went 'black' (turned hopeless) because he won the AE and was endowed with so much that he became complacent. As much as that had caused him to change for the worse, I believe he can now also become good coz the incentives and accolades have 'dried'.

But of course time is needed to restore that -- the first bit of that restoration is the recognition by the person that he is playing sh.it and then followed by a rigorous program to gain back fitness, which has eluded him for some time now (since the AE win). Time becomes a factor in this - coz one cannot say I am coming back and he is back.

The first good sign was when ANT said he saw a different HH playing, which means he meant what he said. Now 3 sets against someone who has just beaten LD is no small feat even though I painted the picture that PSH would be tired. Obviously, the Korean ginseng is more potent that I thought (reminds me to take some :) ).

If HKO proves to be a good hunting ground for HH and he keeps improving, I will be behind him as much as I have been for LCW.

Keep faith, ye faithless !:D