China Super Series 2007 - Day 3 (22 Nov) - Round 2

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by chemile, Nov 21, 2007.

1. chemile

chemile Regular Member

China Super Series Day 3 (2nd round) - 22 November 2007

Many surprises from China SS in first round. Little bit confuse to choose the winner.

2. Goh TW

Goh TW Regular Member

:DLet me chose for you men single champion Malaysia Lee C W, M Double KKK & T B H

3. chemile

chemile Regular Member

My prediction for Indonesian players in 2nd round:

MS:
    Sony DK vs Lee Hyun Il.... Indonesia only left Sony after Simon lost to PG. Confidence of Sony is boost up after WC. I believe that Sony can manage LHI. However, this is the tough match...

MD:
    Hendra/Joko vs Guo Zhendong/Xie Zhongbo ...Big surprise today when Tony/Candra must lost to their junior. I think Hendra/Joko are not easy to defeated, and Tony/Candra could not fast adapted after rest from Europe tournaments. This match also 50-50 since GZ/XZ is also good pair.

Markis/Hendra vs Rasmus Andersen/Peter Steffensen... I think MK/HS will easy to pass through and go to QF..

WD
    Lilyana Natsir/Vita Marissa vs Wong Pei Tty/Chin Eei Hui.. this is warming up before match in Sea Games Thailand. I think this time Mas pair will win since Lilyana and Vita also still play in XD.

XD
    Lilyana Natsir/Nova Widyanto vs Hong Ling Chen/Chia Chi Chou.... I think Lilyana/Nova will manage, but not easy match. I really worried with Lilyana's performance recently. This probably because she must played in two sectors. I am happy to hear that she only will play in XD at HK SS next week.

Vita Marissa/Flandy Limpele vs Yeon Seong Yoo/Min Jung Kim.... They must face 2 KOR pairs in a row, but VM/FL have proved that they are one of top stable pairs in XD. I hope both Indonesian pairs will go through and meet in SF.

4. TH_4_President

TH_4_President Regular Member

only one XD pair in SF??

I think based on draw, Nova/Lilyana will meet Flavi in QF not in SF?? (If I'm not mistaken)

5. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    3:00PM WS WONG Mew Choo vs PI Hongyan [6] - A tough game. Hongyan should have the slight edge.

4:20PM MS Andrew SMITH vs LEE Chong Wei [2] - Chong Wei will prevail in straight sets.

5:20PM MS PARK Sung Hwan vs Hafiz HASHIM - The Korean is all fired up after knocking down the top seed. The Yoyo King is so unpredictable that I'm not going to PAW on him again.

6:20PM MD KOO Kien Keat/TAN Boon Heong [1] vs TSAI Chia Hsin/HU Chung Hsien - The top seeds should nail it.

6:40PM MD CHOONG Tan Fook/LEE Wan Wah [6] vs LIU Xiaolong/LI Tian - The veterans should win it.

7:30PM MS CHEN Hong vs YEOH Kay Bin - A 60:40 game and the Chinese should win.

7:40PM WD WONG Pei Tty/CHIN Eei Hui vs Liliyana NATSIR/Vita MARISSA [6] - A 45-55 game in favor of the Indonesians.

8:40PM WD FONG Chew Yen/MOOI Hing Yau vs YANG Wei/ZHANG Jiewen [2] - The Olympic and World Champions are too hot to handle.

8:50PM MD SHEN Ye/HE Hanbin vs Zakry ABDUL LATIF/Fairuzizuan MOHD TAZARI - The Malaysians should prevail if they continue the form in the previous round against FU/CAI.

6. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Sorry, you are right. Nova/Lilyana will met Flavi in QF, not in SF..... Yeah at least Indonesia will have representative in SF :p

7. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Heck with all these predictions, we shall gather tonight and Boleh together!!!

8. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    hmmm...hard to predict who's the winner in this tournament.MS,maybe LCW.No taufik,no LD,..just PG n Sony is the biggest rival.Or maybe the koreans will bring suprises up.MD,markis hendra.WS..CHINA all the way,no doubt.Maybe zhang ning for this time.For XD,i'll hold for Limpele/marissa.WD,i'll hold for Yang wei/zhang jiewen.

9. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Potential banana skins:

1:40 PM XD Yeon Seong YOO/Min Jung KIM over Flandy LIMPELE/Vita MARISSA [5]
    2:00 PM XD Yong Dae LEE/Jung Eun HA over Zhongbo XIE/Yawen ZHANG [4]
    3:00 PM WS Mew Choo WONG over Hongyan PI [6]
    4:50 PM WS Jae Youn JUN over Chen WANG [5]
    5:40 PM WS Mi ZHOU over Lin ZHU [4]
    6:10 PM MS Hyun Ii LEE over Sony DWI KUNCORO [7]
    7:40 PM WD Pei Tty WONG/Eei Hui CHIN over Liliyana NATSIR/Vita MARISSA [6]

Let's see if more carnage can come out of today's matches.

10. carol91

carol91 Regular Member

Student
    MS: since LD is out, i tink LCW,SDK or PG wil win...
    MD: KKK-TBH they r still no.1, CTF-LWW or Zakry-Fairuzizuan.. If they cont to perform well..

11. tohcsh

tohcsh New Member

Dog Training Consultant
    I hope Astro will spring us a surprise and show live today's match:D.

12. spchu

spchu Regular Member

I would just be happy with the weekend matches...after all can't asked for too much....so hope all the Malaysian players continue to do well so that we can see them on weekends....

13. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

If Sony was dragged to 3 sets by WCH, then I think he is not ready to win. PG is a good bet normally but he has not won for a while, so I would not put too much trust in him winning. Chen Jin is still building up - his 1st game was a shocker and I hope it does not reflect his current form - still easily beaten by LCW and caught out of breath in the FO. BAO is a one-pace guy with a good smash at times -- I am not convinced he can trouble LCW (every time LCW beats him, it was easy). SIMON is there but cannot claim the fame -- probably still raw. Everyone else is mediocre.

LCW is clearly the leader in this remaining pack - the recent JO and FO wins with so much power and speed in his game gives him lots of confidence. Taking it easy against Boonsak in yesterday's 1st game and then tunring on the gas in the 2nd is simply awesome. He is flying and he knows it -- there is something that has changed him since the early days (forget the WC - he had the excuse) of this year and I believe now it is MISBUN the coach who has helped him back into the game that LCW likes to play. If you have observed, MISBUN does not come onto court and blast LCW's ears off -- sometimes, it is one sentence and MISBUN goes back to the bench. Compared to LI MAO, he was yelling into LCW's ears (sort of you do this or that confusing to say the least). LCW has clearlly worked out how he wants to play his game, varying his speed as he wishes (sometimes easing down and then driving hard again) -- it is this that got his opponents all confused. They start worrying about his style and got no time to work on their own strategies.

Without doubt, I think if I were playing LCW, I would be a bit nervous the moment I step onto court. He has now become a fearsome player on court -- they know he can play and will make them work their butts off. Even with his suspect knees, he is still able to turn it on - how good is that?

I hope it will be BAO for the FINALS - then I think that will spur LCW on. He wants to beat a Chinese on their homeground -- the only way to extract respect for him in the coming Olympics.

ALL IS FAIR IN BADMINTON. :)

14. loonsport

loonsport Regular Member

Malaysian players in 2nd Round:

MS:
    Sung Hwan Park[​IMG]-[​IMG]Muhd Hafiz B Hashim
    Hong Chen[​IMG]-[​IMG]Kay Bin Yeoh
    Andrew Smith[​IMG]-[​IMG]Chong Wei Lee [2]

MD:
    Kien Keat Koo [1], Boon Heong Tan[​IMG]-[​IMG]Chia Hsin Tsai, Chung Hsien Hu
    Tan Fook Choong [6], Wan Wah Lee[​IMG]-[​IMG]Xiaolong Liu, Tian Li [Q]
    Ye Shen, Hanbin He[​IMG]-[​IMG]Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif, Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari

WS:
    Mew Choo Wong[​IMG]-[​IMG]Hongyan Pi [6]

WD:
    Pei Tty Wong, Eei Hui Chin[​IMG]-[​IMG]Liliyana Natsir [6], Vita Marissa
    Chew Yen Fong, Hing Yau Mooi[​IMG]-[​IMG]Wei Yang [2], Jiewen Zhang

XD:
    None.

* Name in Bold is my prediction

15. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Following the exit of Super Dan, LCW is definitely leading the pack for the title. However, we should not underestimate CJ, BCL and CH who play extremely well on their home turf. I'll pick one of them to meet LCW in the final, and hopefully LCW will prevail :)

With OG around the corner, and if, ONLY IF, all four CHN players (LD, CJ, BCL, CH) fail to lift the MS title, what is LYB gonna do? Chances are, LYB will start some trash talk and the CHN will sweep all OG medals :eek:

Msia Boleh...!!!

16. yyclub

yyclub Regular Member

I am only interested in MS PARK Sung Hwan vs Hafiz HASHIM in today match. I think Hafiz stand a chance to win.

17. AlfredEarn

AlfredEarn Regular Member

Bill Gates' teacher, Professor of Oxford and Headm
    what time we can watch live badminton on CCTV5?

18. loonsport

loonsport Regular Member

but PARK, just beat Lin Dan, i guess he would have more confident when facing Hafiz, who is not the top seed player. :cool:

19. loonsport

loonsport Regular Member

today match start at 1pm

20. AlfredEarn

AlfredEarn Regular Member

Bill Gates' teacher, Professor of Oxford and Headm

you confirm CCTV5 got live?