Badzine Fair-Play Trophy for Flandy

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by daniel2323, Nov 6, 2007.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

G. Clark is a great commentator except for matches involving LD and ZN.Then she would lose her compass because she worships both players and loses her credibility temporarily.
    But your ZN is no saint or role model. She was badly behaved in FO semi vs Pi, don't you think so? She strutted like she's the queen and tried to impose herself as one;she forgot she's in France and not China.XXF and Pi must be so gentle and ladylike compared to her.Maybe you can give ZN some etiquette lessons.

2. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    As a conclusion,tat's not player's problem..Umpire should be rational when they do some decision..AND ZN's attitude is nice..

3. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

After all the protesting drama, when they were about to resume the game, TBH actually hit the shuttle for the Japs as an acknowledgement for them to serve and both of raised their racket as apology.

#23 zqloy, Nov 7, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  4. luyi80

luyi80 Regular Member

Well, ZN was frustrated during the match vs Pi in FO 2007, but that was bcoz there were bad calls during the match. Hmm... I think ZN's attitute is among the best in CHN team, as I experienced myself during MO 2006. During OG 2004, ZN vs Mia, there were bad calls as well, she did protest but accepted it and continue to play, which I think is a role model for young players. I never see ZN reacted to a line call like that before, she's always calm. So, ZN's "badly behaved" proved that there was bad call, otherwise, with so many titles, no point for her to react like that. No offense, just my opinion.

5. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

With her passion in badminton, if she is not saint in badminton arena, then Who???
    Nevertheless, i agree with u that ZN was badly behaved in FO semi vs PI.
    From my past experience, following much of her matches, from Olympic 04 till now, this was my first time saw ZN with such reaction n being booed by the audience....I remembered in OG04, there were a couple of close calls where ZN did protest but not to FO07 extent...therefore, IMHO, with such reaction in FO07, i think the call was wild, considering how ZN carrying herself in the past....look at the scoreline, i think it was 19-18 to ZN, 'if' the call is 'good', it may change the whole scenario. Of coz, applause shud be given to Lady Pi, for playing well in the match. Credit can't taken away from Pi, as she played agressive game thru out the match.

#25 Louisa, Nov 7, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  6. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

Of course Zhang Ning's attitude is far from being the best in the circuit !
    Does anyone remember UC06 final against Mia, She knew the shuttle was going out, but everytime she shouted just to see if the linejudge would say it's on the line ... I respect Zhang Ning for her career, but can't accept those kind of playing.
    In FO, i was just in front of the match, Zhang Ning threw her racquet on the floor and shouted when the linejudge said it's on the line .. You'll never see Pi Hongyan or XXF doing this. Whenever Pi Hongyan is in china she already knows she will have to fight against the players, the umpire and the linejudges, but as Peter Gade told me it's a part of the game.

Overall i was quite disapointed with some chinese payers attitude, really acting like divas ..

Well, we should now just go back to the topic ! The trophy was given by Badzine (www.badzine.info), but the winner has been chosen by all the umpires. Flandy is indeed a very nice player and in my opinion he deserved that title ( well it's true that in the beginning he wasn't suppose to have it =p ), But i really Hope that this kind of trophy will boost players to act more formally on court =)

7. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

Well, syaoran, thanks for your comments n remarks. It is true that players shud behave themselves during the match...i think it is when under certain circumtances that they react too much...

8. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    bed time stories will do them good?? i doubt..........read those stories to LYB too..........:D:D:D

9. chgoh25

chgoh25 Regular Member

if ZN really is reacting like this.. means it must have had a huge impact on her.. otherwise not the latter..

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

With her experience, there's no reason for ZN to 'react too much under certain circumstances'.ZN was very clear about what she wanted to achieve.She knew she had credibility and as syaoran observed,she shouted as if she's hit an on-the-line winner even when aware her shot's going out,hoping to influence the line judge.Well, the French have shown they won't be intimidated by someone with countless titles and are too smart for her gamesmanship.
    But if it were you or Felicia or the veteran commentator G.Clark, she will get her way because you applied logical thinking and believed she will not make a big fuss unless she's sure, given her unmatched career to date.ZN might be able to get away in AE,not FO.Bravo, France!(Hmm..she shouted a lot in DO final vs WC;did the DO judges get conned, I wonder but ZN did play well there)
    By the way,having a passion does not make one a saint;a saint is very humble, patient,pure in heart and upright in life.
    This is my final post on ZN here. I'm not trying to taint her or upset her fans but I feel very strongly her halo's got to go.

11. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

pjswift, i have no hard feeling on your comments as i m a logical person that strongly believe that we all possess different personalities and point of view...

i can't change your feeling towards ZN, u can't change my admiration towards her...

no matter how we debate here, you and me, can't change her.:D

12. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

i m just wondering, who is having clearer view, sitting in front of tv or sitting in the stadium?

anyone, kindly advise????

13. luyi80

luyi80 Regular Member

Hmm... looks like ZN still the GREAT eventhough she may come to the end of her career, for attracted ppl to comment on her attitute during FO. :D:D:D Well well well, I'm not a big fan of her, like Louisa, and during that match, I was on Pi's side. But, as seen fr my tv, there was a bad call when the scoreline was 19-18 in favour of ZN. Anyway, I think no point for us to arguing here, players r human, sometimes they may over-react, juz like LD during MO'06, so, no comment! ~Peace~ :p

14. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Frankly, we couldn't tell from the TV replay whether the return by PHY went long or clipped on the line during the 2nd game while ZN was leading 19-18. I just sensed that the shuttlecock went long and the scoreline should have been 20-18 in ZN's favor. In fact, I was a bit annoyed by ZN's reations in the whole match. Well, such things happen in some matches, and so happen that ZN was the unlucky ones.