Badzine Fair-Play Trophy for Flandy

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by daniel2323, Nov 6, 2007.

1. daniel2323

daniel2323 Regular Member

...Flandy Limpele didn't come to Paris for nothing and he returns to Indonesia with two trophies. First of all and most importantly, the mixed doubles. He and his partner Vita Marissa were just too strong for Xie Zhongbo and Zhang Yawen.
    Flandy's nonchalant yet efficient style worked wonders and soon the Indonesians were declared winners in straight games 21/11, 21/15. Flandy, who was in Paris together with his wife and three young kids, was also awarded another trophy : the Badzine Fair-Play Trophy, awarded for the 4th year in Paris.
    "Flandy is just a great person, he, unlike others, is always polite, always says thanks when we give him a new shuttle. He has great sportsmanship," said Jean Pierre Strady, one of the umpires who voted for Flandy. Chen Jin had also been nominated after he had asked the public to applaude Gade's performance in the quarter final, but it was Limpele's overall attitude which got him the prize.
    http://www.internationalbadminton.org/newscontent.asp?pageid={69344D04-5D98-45A4-8C3A-6B01C3B22D2A}

ya flandy limpele is a nice guy :)
    congrats kebotttttttt...!!

2. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    IMO, the "Gamesmanship award" should go to Fu/Cai who.... *cough*

3. Hierkommtnils

Hierkommtnils Regular Member

Fin. Controller
    I think Fu/Cai should get the Swatch-Award...

4. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

What did Fu/Cai do? I don't see anything suspicious. :confused:

5. Hierkommtnils

Hierkommtnils Regular Member

Fin. Controller
    Hmm, lets say... they need some time between the rallies...

The audience hooted them not without reason :mad:

6. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Flandy deserved the award after many years in Badminton..I am sure that they did not award Flandy based on this year only...right???

7. chgoh25

chgoh25 Regular Member

yea.. im oblivious to it too..

8. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Esp Cai is the the one keep playing the delaying tactics.

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i juz know that the trophy is a badzine fair play trophy...

10. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    I also notice that.When Chong/Lee prepare to serve,Cai will raise his hand to stop it.He did it for several times.

11. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Watch the Thomas cup match 2006 between Denmark vs KKK/CCM, and look for yourself the number of times KKK/CCM delayed the match to the point that CCM was given a yellow card to start with, and eventually work up to a red card.:rolleyes: He just ignored the umpire's warning of not allowing towel down, and he just kept walking toward his racket bag searching for his towel.

12. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    It happened in so many occasions including WC07 QF.

13. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Delay the opponent serve is nothing compare to trying to steal a point from the Japanese pair, when obviously Koo/Tan knew the umpire made a mistake... The crowd didn't boo them for no reason...:rolleyes:

I bet Rexy is now reading Koo/Tan a bed time story about how honesty help G.Washington when G.W was a kid.:p

14. ben95

ben95 Regular Member

studient
    The crowd was booing the umpire.

I have the solution for this delaying problem: Just do a low flick serve in tha opponent face and says "ooops, sorry i didn't see you weren't ready".
    As he probably has the lowered head, you don't hit him in the eyes (which is the only dangereous place to be hit)

There were a similar problem in soccer when a fault was whistled, the guilty player or his partner stay in front of the ball to slow the offensive.

15. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Again! :D

I think KKK clearly showed his opinion by brushing the shuttlecock into the Jap. half court right after the rally (of course that's his acknowledgment that the Japanese pair should serve next, right?). It's the umpire who was kind of ridiculous. :cool:

16. luyi80

luyi80 Regular Member

Well, if I'm not mistaken, CCM was given the red card bcoz of the umpire thought that he was too arrogant when they won a point, with he showing his fist to his opponent. 1st time, he was given the yellow card, then another time, at the crucial stage, he was given the red card coz umpire saying that he shouted at his opponent with his fist on. I had to admit that the Msian pairs did play the delaying tactics in this game, coz the situation was really tense in the deciding game. Lots of players doin this, including Fu/Cai.

Besides, the red card given out caused by delaying tactic, if I'm not mistaken again, was ZN. But I forgot in which match in UC 2006. Anyone can clarify this for me?

17. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

Hmmm, i remember this match quite clearly...very angry after tat match, really wanna 'slap' that umpire using my sharp PAWS:mad::mad::mad:
    During that match, CCM did delayed n ignored umpire's instructions...but the yellow n red card incidents were because of he was 'caught' by the umpire showing his fist + shout to the opponent....which IMHO, he was just too excited and to motivate himself...in fact, this is the normal practise of players...u see, my Zhang Ning shouted so much in DO semi final against WC:D:D:D

Zhang Ning's match, she was red carded i think because she asked for towel down a few times but the umpire refused, then suddenly the umpire gave her red card when she was abit slow walking back to the court...U know, Zhang Ning just smile sweetly at the umpire...

For these 2 matches, Gillian Clark was the commentator, commented that the umpires were 'RIDICULOUS':mad:

#17 Louisa, Nov 6, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  18. luyi80

luyi80 Regular Member

Ya ya, this recall me somemore. As ZN asked for the floor to be mopped, the umpire refused, n she used her own towel to mop the floor herself, hahAHA...really funny, n give a big SLAP to the umpire's face! :D But i really can't remember who's that ridiculous umpire! :mad:

19. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    wah, then the umpire must be very embarassing....ZN is really THE GREAT!!!!:D, slap the umpire's face using her racquet...:D

20. ronnie14

ronnie14 Regular Member

congrats to flandy..i met him during wc..he was nice :)