A Classic for LCW

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by ye333, Nov 3, 2007.

1. ckloo

ckloo Regular Member

Should be create a new thread?

I am thinking should be create a new thread called eh..maybe something like "Hafiz out of BAM" :D:D So that, the BAM will be alarmed and then expels that guy from BAM. Wasting the country money and produce no results since 2003. Sigh.....Maybe one more thread for Kuan Beng Hong too... :D:D

2. ronnie14

ronnie14 Regular Member

congrats chong wei!

3. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Is unbelievable… LCW adapt to another style of playing and now with variety of arsenal. He should be a good bet for the olympics. Playing a one dimension game isnt going to take him far, when he had a drop in form a few months back, opponent was reading his game like reading a book. So his decision to be Misbunlised is really a good choice. Cheers

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-I'm also in between..

Btw, for what LCW has done these past 2 weeks, i would say it was a very commendable and admirable effort~my congrats as well.:cool: However, if he wins the OG next yr, then i would probably then say, "A Classic for LCW" (a bit more pressure, as that should be the ultimate goal)..;):cool:
    ..just like abedeng (only if they are played together in unison)..I know how OTB might've felt during the 2005 WC (as i also experienced that in 2005 S'pore Open and recently in the WC, well, the most latest one was during this yr's US Open). Yes, sitting and having our eardrums rattled with those balloon clappers can be somewhat a bit irritating, as they are quite loud; but when they're banged in unison, the sound can be somewhat uplifting:cool:..Add that with the drum beating, like in the recent WC, and one'll get the feeling just like when one watched the Semis and Finals. I personally enjoyed them & I can't imagine myself watching a baddy match without those:p;)

#84 ctjcad, Nov 4, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    concur with you on this one.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Different people spot different things. It may well have been somebody in Malaysia. Your notion is rather romantic. I can assure you there must be other talented people out there who have not been spotted.:)

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Indra already trying to play psychological games before the Olympics has really started;)

8. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

I think what has made the last two matches of LCW in French SS potential classics (time will prove whether a match deserves such a status) is that LCW managed to turn his disadvantage of injury into his advantage with clever, highly adaptive game play - something that even LD and TH may not be able to achieve under similar circumstances. Everyone faces pressure at OG and a personal breakthrough in winning his first OG gold ever is not sufficient to make the match a classic. Maybe (I said "MAYBE") by the time LCW wins the OG gold (10 months from now), he has already become the undisputed No.1 MS player in the world and he is merely justifying this status by winning the gold - and such a match is not necessarily a classic.

9. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Sometimes I find the simpleton in you ,refreshing.
    But LD has loads of mental toughness and can handle big occasions?
    How was LD mentally tough when he held 8 matchpoints and yet lost to LCW in MO06?
    He can handle big occasions? He lost to Unseeded Ronald Susilo in R1 of OG04, remember? LD lost to TH in WC05, yes? LD lost to TH in AG06?Where's the mental toughness on these occasions?
    Oh I know what you mean about proven performer. LD won the WC consecutively in 06 and 07.But he did not have to prove himself.The toughest opponents he had proven against in WC06 was Hafiz;in WC07 was Sony.His teammates did the tough work for him(He said so himself) and he's just lucky to be the anointed one to receive the prize.I don't begrudge him his titles but I would call him a lucky general.Just like he's lucky that BCL was used as the guinea pig to calibrate against an injured but feisty LCW in FO07. Can you imagine how LD would look if he had played against an injured LCW and lost? LD would be a laughing stock.LYB is so sharp in protecting LD's image but he won't be able to do it all the time, in the run up to OG08.
    Surely, Mr Pemuda, you are sophiscated enough to see through the LYB veil?

10. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Chong wei use new tactic through the France Open. And it prove that is works well. All i can see his style of play in this tournament was, "slow play + his trademark's intercept drop shot. And most important is follow is his great smashes when his opponent is unaware."

This is really different with his previous play. Which is fast speed, and fast attack. His opponent had immune on this kind of play.

U can see with his slow play, he have the opportunity to "show" all his skill...

11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

This can be a classic in clear thinking.Enjoy it.

12. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    politics???........:(:(:(

13. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
  14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

And I find the git in you ... mind blowing, to say the least.

Lets look at the achievements in the big tournaments. Surely, you need to have some mental toughness to bag em' titles, right? Lets discuss facts, not go on a meaningless rant here.

Ok, how many World Championships titles does Lin Dan and LCW have? Well, Lin Dan won it twice. LCW? Ohhh, you are going to say that on his way to winning his two WC titles, Lin Dan had it easy ... no tough opponents and etc etc. Dude, this is where the git in you comes into play. If it was 'easy' with no tough opponents where was LCW in Madrid and KL??? Oppps he kinda tripped on himself in Madrid, making the quarter finals and in KL this year, he shot himself in the foot big time, eh? Maybe Yap Kim Hock should not have pushed the boy too hard. Or maybe on the way to the stadium, the traffic jams in KL was too much.

Well, say what you want, Lin Dan got em' 2 WC titles and LCW got zippo.

What about those super series/grand prix titles, Lin Dan got 22. LCW??
    Lin Dan won the All England 3 times, LCW??
    If you think that all these titles won by Lin Dan is 'lucky', then I must say you are a funny guy... comical to some extend.

15. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

How much is LCW pocked for winning France Open SS? Did not see a "money/check" presentation one, how come?

16. MaLaYsIa Boleh!

MaLaYsIa Boleh! Regular Member

with this new style..
    LCW can play more calm..
    coz he dun need to rush for the shuttle..
    juz hold a sec and think wat shot is more confusing..
    + if he play not too fast, there will be less mistakes too..
    he really dominant all the 4 corners of the french open court...
    great to see his new style works,
    but i think the previous fast & furious style giv the audience more excitement..

17. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Congrats to a new born TAI CHI MASTER ...:eek:

以柔制刚

Attached Files:

18. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
  19. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

I cannot see that link, can u please paste the whole article here, robin7? Thanks you.:p

20. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Try this http://news.sogou.com/, then search by 李宗伟.