A Classic for LCW

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by ye333, Nov 3, 2007.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    And ZJH too...Now that is a bit too much...hehehe!!!:p:D:p

2. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    In terms of accomplishment and majors won, LCW is not close to LD and TH...that is for now...that being said, his style of play from previous fast/speed/cross court smash to now, rally style setting up for a kill demonstrate what a versatile complete player he can be and playing with a hurt knee. As I said, I love seeing him play and pay to see I would...As the chinese commentator said, he push the bird all over the place till CJ either place the bird out or to see up a kill and when LCW kill, the effect is deadly leaving CJ helpless. I know CJ was hurt but that does not take away the beautiful badminton we saw.

3. Loopy

Loopy Regular Member

I really like LCW.
    Even got an autograph ! :)

I love how he moves around the court. He seems so unhurried, moving swiftlessly, as if not making any effort. His footwork is just incredible.

He moves very fast, yet doesn't seem to move fast. What a paradox !

He also makes some dazzling deceptive shots, tricking the opponent.

And his demeanor is so calm, as if a predator stalking his prey. It's very disturbing for the opponent. LCW really rocks :)

When I saw him play from day 1, I was ultimately sure he was going to win, and he didn't deceive. Congratlations LCW !

4. Konnichiwa

Konnichiwa Regular Member

Studente
    haha i hope for many more titles from lcw ....yes of course now we can celebrate:D

5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Malaysia's best realistic hope of winning a gold in Beijing, though I am yet to be fully convinced of his ability to handle pressure.
    I would rate LCW's chances of winning in Beijing be 25%.

6. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    He might do some shopping....hehe He knows that China will bag many titles....I am surprised that he did not go to Denmark....I did not blame him...there was no fun in Odense anyway.....:D

7. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

LCW developing winning attitude

What really impressed me is his new attitude.

Even he's not 100 fit, he played very consistently.

In the Danish Open, he didn't whine when he lost to BCL, and bounced back nicely to beat BCL in French Open. Not only that, he extinguish his ghost of losing to players that beat him before like Santoso and Sony in such convincing fashion. There is no doubt now that he is the top 2 player in world-with a very good head to head record against Lin Dan to boot.

8. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Concur that ability to handle pressure esp in a game as big as OLY is a definite concern, but the pressure is even heavier with LD, win LD becomes a hero, lose LD becomes a goat...heehaw!!!:p:D

9. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Sorry if I've missed relevant previous posts. Can anybody post the links for downloading the LCW vs. BCL and LCW vs. CJ matches?

10. indra

indra Regular Member

Ha..ha..ha...very funny!!!

LCW is now one of the strongest candidates to win GOLD in the Olympic...Congrats....

11. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    now waiting for bananakid to come out and allege Lee was cheating about his injury........ :D :D

12. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Yap! China's Central TV Station has produced a 50-episode TV serial on Bruce Lee's life in conjunction with the Olympic fever - and they are trying to imitate the success story of S. Korea's "Dae Jang-geum" by pushing this serial to the world. I bet they will make all their OG-bound athletes watch the TV serial in order to moralize them. The interesting part is that Bruce Lee's movie characters are well-known in kicking caucasian and Japanese villains' asses. For badminton players, many of their major opponents are exported Chinese or Chinese descends like LCW, KKK/TBH, WC, PHY, etc (or their friendly Korean neighbors like JJS/LYD). So the "Bruce Lee voodoo" might not work on them.

#72 Inky2000, Nov 4, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  13. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant

Thank you Morten Frost for your keen eye in spotting the
    very skinny 14 year old LCW from Penang who had lots of talent and tenacity and getting him selected to the Badminton Academy despite strong opposition from certain quarters. That was over 10 years ago when you were the Malaysian coach.

Sadly, Malaysia today can rely on only three outstanding players (LCW, KKK & TBH) to stamp its mark in the badminton world and this is just not good enough. We have good coaches but the other players do not seem to be able handle the pressure well and that is something BAM has to look into.

Well done LCW!
    We are very proud of you draping in the Malaysian flag receiving your prize.

14. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

Ohh.. In before his righteous comments.

Congratulations to LCW and feel sad for BCL.
    I think they both play well but LCW's defense is the key point of making Bao frustrated and lost the concentration. Just when BCL started to adapt to his play, then LCW suddenly come back with many crosscourt deceptive smash.

15. ixory

ixory Regular Member

Congratulation to LCW for winning FO MS .I'm impressed with his determination and never say die attitude.LCW rules..

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Lin Dan is a proven performer. The lad can handle the big occasions while our LCW have faltered when it matters most.
    I have said skills and technical abilities wise, I rate both Lin Dan and LCW pretty much equal. What separates them is the mental toughness, which Lin Dan has loads.

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Kinda sad , dont you think so. It requires a foreigner to spot a young talent. Am pretty sure if we did not have Frost back then, maybe we wont be looking at LCW today.

In the men's singles, Malaysia can only rely on LCW because BAM shot themselves in the foot. We continued to flog that dead horse HH. How can we develop another LCW when we continue to bet on HH??

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i merged two threads about LCW winning together.

congrats!

19. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    I absolutel agree with this. Display of offensive, defensive and deception from both players. Above all, the game was play in very good sportmanship spirit.
    Very enjoyable to watch indeed.

20. ckloo

ckloo Regular Member

It is a blessing in disguise

I can only say that this knee injury that he faces is a blessing in disguise. All of us including himself (LCW) dont know that he can play even better with this type of style (rally + deception once in a while). So I really hope that, from today onwards he can switch to different mode when he plays in the future. This will surely make his opponent confuse and blur b'cos they cant really read his game. Hahaha....Bravo.... Chong Wei... Bravo....:cool::cool: