Pi Hongyan and French open

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by 2cents, Nov 2, 2007.

1. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    If you see a player named "Mohamed", don't think he's from Arab countries; instead, he could just come from Malaysia; if you see a player carries a Spanish name, don't think he/she's from Spain, or a Latino from Latin American; he could be just a Filipino; If you see a player with Chinese name, speaking Chinese language, eating Chinese food..., don't think he/she represents China at all, he or she could represent Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, or Malaysia, Indonesia, even Australia, New Zealand, United States of American, Holland, Germany,... all most any country in the world, including France.

That's the reason now France suddenly becomes a powerhouse in badminton. It even has a super series which makes France the top 10 country in badminton. France is also one of the very few counties having semi-finalists in French open, which means France has the chance to grab a medal in Olympics also. Badminton could spread every corner of the world like Chinese restaurants everywhere. Thanks Pi Hongyan and all Pi-like pioneers, they deserve to win as they paid too much to this game.

2. jiayou

jiayou Regular Member

agree with you ^0^

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    They sacrificed a lot when they made the decision to migrate to other countries to play badminton.

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    True also.. same goes to Yao Jie.

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

and also Xu HW.....:p

6. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    Thats because many of the players that migrated were once considered second stringers and thought that they had a better chance to become better players outside China.... Indeed, they have...

7. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

Pi Hongyan and XHW are very hard working players. They try to compensate their lack in height with their speed. Too bad Xu did not make it to the semis. She is incredibly persistent and spins around the court. Pi Hongyan was a little bit uncomfortable in the first set after the crowd welcomed her with standing ovation with matching human wave. Amazing encouragement from the crowd. At the end of the day, she did not disappoint the crowd. She drifted dry all the liquid in Lu Lan body.

8. THEbaschti

THEbaschti Regular Member

Lol at first I thought you were going to bash chinese players playing for other countries. :p :D but I completely agree with you, if this gives smaller badminton countries a boost it's a great achievement!

9. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    We would like to see some former Chinese players representing countries like USA, too.

10. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

I rarely bash players, however I bashed coaches and IBF a lot for combination of their arrogance and stupidity. Most of time, they are just hindrances for the players. Miss Hongyan Pi (π) is one of living proof. She has not been in the China national team never. Neither has Xu HW or Yao Jie (once in the 2nd tier team). While Zhang Ning, Dai Yun, Gong ZC, Gong RN... were all the proteges, and got the best training, and accommodations, and bigger salaries (besides prize money). Miss π has nothing only herself, no coach, no money, no room and board, didn't know where tomorrow would be. But now, she can still beat all those proteges in China team at her age. This clearly shows that coaching should be treated as a subordinate service to the players instead of their boss. That's the reason I hate those coaches like Rexy and Li YB, they thought they were the god, and treat players like slaves. Even KKK/TBH had won so many, how come Rexy still threatens them many times. Without Rexy, KKK/TBH would never lose their form after Swiss open. That's the basic thing we can learn from Miss π's success.

#10 2cents, Nov 3, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  11. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Eva LEE is one of them

12. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

Wish Pi all the best in winning her homeground title. ;)

13. kungfukid

kungfukid Regular Member

After seeing how the crowd supported their heroin yesterday n today, i think XXF will have a tough day tomolo. :)

14. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

I totally agree with you on this matter however i just want to correct something lol Pi Hongyan has been in the China National team, she's the only one with Wang Chen but Xu Huaiwen, Yao Jie, Li Li etc weren't.

Well, return to the Subject ... Pi Hongyan is just amazing, the way she played today was incredible..
    But you know in a way .. that's great that china team let those pple join others coutries national team, thanks to them, badminton grew up considerably in the country, Like in france Pi Hongyan is now shown on tv etc etc same as in Germany for Xu Huaiwen and also in netherlands with Mia Audina and Yao Jie. Cuz now pple don't see them as former chinese or indo players but as there own players. so in way it's still something positive =)

15. sumbadder

sumbadder Regular Member

Eva Lee never represented China. She's from the US

16. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    i think pi with her home crowd got no prob to beat XXF!

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hope that pi hong yan will win the WS title....'camon pi!!

18. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Poor ZN got booed several times in the match. Nevertheless, Pi played very well, good defense plus some sudden inject of pace. She had a chance against XXF today if she continues yesterday's performance, as u all know XXF is not as tough as ZN mentally; the crowd will play a big role.

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Crowd support make such a big difference to her game. When she next plays against CHN WS in SO08,I will cheer for her, that's for sure.

20. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    My heart hope Pi win but my head say XXF will win simply because Pi is exhausted playing so many tough matches against the china girls. But everything is mind over body so if she keep on believing in herself then there will be a chance.