KKK-TBH 6th title of the year, congratulations!

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by little_bird, Oct 28, 2007.

1. little_bird

little_bird Regular Member

#1 little_bird, Oct 28, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  2. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Congrats to KKK & TBH!

You guys really kept us on the edge of our seats.

& to Yojimbo and th rest of you guys... Thanx for making the important phone calls to astro to allow us to enjoy the spendid matches LIVE!

Yahoo

3. little_bird

Phone calls to Astro? Who's that? The LIVE show is because of those phone calls made?

4. Lingguat

Lingguat Regular Member

Consultant
    Malaysia Boleh

Congratulations to them. If they could continue playing like that they will bring back Gold from beijing.

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    champion

Rexy mainaky for president...!!!:D:D

6. Lingguat

Lingguat Regular Member

Consultant
    :DI made the call

7. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Did u scolded them? :D

8. donchang

donchang Regular Member

Hope that they can maintain the form and make us malaysian to be proud always.. Congratulation to them and also need to thanks rexy very much for grooming such double team in a short time.. Hope that rexy can bring out more good pair in the malaysia squad.... : ) ........

9. little_bird

What did you say? Was that your phone call that make them air the show live?

10. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    yea rexy will be like christina hidanata or better who produce people like TG, CW, HHH and SB..

11. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I thought he already the president after All England :D:D:D
    As much as I love Rexy, I think he needs to improve his management skill. No reason to criticize players in public after each lost, do it in the close door and enforce with action in private. Keep emotion and stress level in check so he can last until Olympic :D I don't want to see Rexy collapse again in training hall.

12. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    If Rexy gets more power, don't be surprise he becomes the Li Yongbo of Malaysia :D

13. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Did they show on astro today? Btw its great to know that both of them won. It was hillarious when they were introduced as Markis Kido and Hendra from IndoNesia! Its a shame that the trophy is a small cup. both KKK and TBH were laughing about it.. not forgeting the old lady with a hunchback at the podium area...

14. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    It's OK as long as the check is big and the record is straight! Yes, the MD was live but you can always catch with the delay version at 3:30pm Monday Malaysian time. Mistaken Markis/Hendra to Kien Kiat/Boon Heong is unforgiven, we will retaliate in the next Malaysia Open, "Court 1, Gao Ling/Huang Sui(actual, Paaske/Rasmussen) vs Zhou Ting-Ting/Wei Yili(actual, Lungaard/Eriksen):D:D:D
    Have a safe trip home, fellow Malaysian.

15. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    but as far as i remember, koo/tan deliver everytime when rexy does this.

first time, asian game
    second time, recently

16. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    How about other pairs besides KKK/TBH? Doesn't Rexy punishing technique work? Coaches can push the players as far as they want but there's always a breaking point on each player. If it work then continue else find other ways. What I am saying is Rexy doesn't need to create such drama to get players attention, a close door talk and private action taken should result a similar thing. I guess every coach has their own way of handling situation, I just don't want to see Rexy over-stress and bad thing happen. Overall, Rexy is the one who make our MD proud, no doubt about that.

17. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    A battle between 72-y-o and 42-y-o

Game 1: The MAS pair were ahead at 11-8 at the interval and were leading at 13-10 before the DEN grabbed 6 pts in a row to regain the lead at 16-13. The MAS managed to steal a pt before the DEN took 5 pts in a row to secure the 1st game at 21-14.
    In the 1st game, the DEN pair played more aggressively, served low and returned well. The MAS duo, on the other hand, especially Koo, made too many unforced errors.

Game 2: The 2nd game was tight as they were tied at 9-all before the MAS pair took the lead at 11-9 in the interval. Since then, the MAS duo never looked back by taking the game at 21-14 and forced the match into a rubber game.
    In the 2nd game, the MAS pair were more aggressive whereas the DEN looked tired and made too many unforced errors.

Game 3: The rubber game was one-sided as the exhausted DEN couldn't cop up with the pace and easily surrenderred the game.

The MAS duo won the match at 14-21, 21-14, 21-12 in 48 minutes.

18. well-son

well-son Regular Member

Congratulations to KKK/TBH for winning the Denmark Open SS!

If they can maintain their permormance like what they have done recently, they surely will be a legend in the future.

Will they be MAS Park Joo Bong/Kim moon Soo???

19. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Everybody hopes so.. Another great legend with a left-right formidable pairing.. They are still ways to go to go on par with the mighty Koreans..
    I can't hardly see many mistakes / unforced errors during the Koreans games. This is one factors they need to improve... Furthermore, sometimes i really think the KOREANs is actually played as one single unit, their understanding & communication on court is excellent... There is very uncommon in today's MD game...

20. ixory

ixory Regular Member

Koo-Tan celebrate anniversary with Danish title

By RAJES PAUL
    Thestar online

PETALING JAYA: It was not the best of their performances but Malaysia's Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong celebrated their one-year partnership by winning the Danish Open title in Odense yesterday.
    They recovered from a sluggish first game to beat the “old men of badminton” – Jens Eriksen-Martin Lundgaard Hansen of Denmark – 14-21, 21-14, 21-12 in a fast-paced 48-minute men's doubles final.
    It was the Malaysians' fourth win over the Danes since they paired up a year ago.
    And they are probably the first Malaysian pair to live up to their status as the world number one in a tournament.
    With the win, Kien Keat-Boon Heong are now the biggest winners in the inaugural Super Series – having won a total of four titles. Their other successes were in the Malaysian Open, All-England and Swiss Open.
    They now stand tall as the most successful Malaysian pair by winning a total of seven titles since they forged a partnership last October.
    They were the gold medallists in the Doha Asian Games and also emerged as the champions in the Open tournaments in the Philippines and Macau.
    Kien Keat, who was coming out from a bout of flu and suffering from blisters, said that they could have played better.
    “I think that this was our worst performance as a pair in a final. Both of us just could not get our game going in the first game.
    “But fortunately, we got it right at the end,” said Kien Keat in a telephone interview from Odense.
    Kien Keat-Boon Heong led 6-2 and 11-8 in the first game. But they allowed the Danes to dictate the pace and take the first game.
    The momentum changed with the score at 9-9 in the second game. The Malaysians found their rhythm and with their strong attacks and solid defence finally wore down the Danes, who ran out of steam in the decider.
    Kien Keat added that he was happy that Boon Heong supported him throughout the match.
    “I have not completely recovered from flu. My voice is still hoarse and there are blisters on my feet.
    “Everything did not go well for me but throughout the tournament, Boon Heong gave his full support. I am happy with that,” he said. :cool:
    “There was no pressure although we were the number one pair. For us, winning titles is more important. We will continue with our chase to add more titles under our belt.”
    It was Kien Keat's second Danish Open title. He won it with Chan Chong Ming in 2005.
    In the men's singles, Lin Dan of China underlined his status as the world's best player when he put up a solid show to beat compatriot Bao Chunlai 21-15, 21-12 in a 36-minute final.
    With the win, the world champion continues to dominate in the Super Series with four titles. He was also the winner in the Korean Open, All-England and China Open.
    How Koo-Tan won it
    First round: Beat Hendri Kurniawan Saputra-Hendra Wijaya (Sin) 21-14, 21-15
    Second round: Beat Joko Riyadi-Hendra Setiawan (Ina) 21-18, 21-18
    Quarter-finals: Beat Mathias Boe-Carsten Morgensen (Den) 21-14, 21-19
    Semi-finals: Beat Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan (Ina) 21-18, 21-10 Final: Beat Jens Eriksen-Martin Lundgaard Hansen (Den) 14-21, 21-14, 21-12.