Denmark Super Series 2007: Day 6 (Finals)

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by sumbadder, Oct 27, 2007.

1. sumbadder

sumbadder Regular Member

MS:
    Lin Dan bt Bao Chunlai - Unless Bao has turned into superbao, I don't think he has it in him to beat LD still. Even if he did beat LCW who can beat LD, I don't think that will equate to Bao being able to conquer his consistent losses to his teammate.

WS:
    Lu Lan bt Zhang Ning - I only picked Lu Lan because she's faster than Zhang Ning is in general, and since ZN is injured, Lu Lan's fitness could win her the match as she did in the Chinese National Games.

MD:
    Koo/Tan bt Eriksen/Hansen - Coming into another hot spell, Koo/Tan can do it if they keep their minds in the game. It could turn into a tough 3 setter with the Danes having homeland support.

WD:
    Yang Wei/ Zhang Jiewen bt Lee Kyungwon/Lee Hyojung - The Koreans have been doing well lately and are definitely up on confidence, but they're facing the best WD pairing in the world and they got wiped clean against Gao Ling/Huang Sui in the Macau Open final so they'll probably be outclassed here.

XD:
    Robertson/Emms v He Hanbin/Yu Yang - toss up. Neither pair has been particularly amazing this year. Slight edge to Robertson/Emms for their experience and shut down of the Thais who looked like they were gonna go all the way to the title.

2. kkk&tbh

kkk&tbh Regular Member

Student
    there's no live on television to watch tomorrow....so sad.....
    watching live on tv is still better than watching on live score!!!!

3. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Finals

MS:
    Lin Dan bt Bao Chunlai - Bao has to prove to the world that he can beat the world number one and get out of the shadow of his teammate.

WS:
    Lu Lan bt Zhang Ning - Zhang Ning has been phenomenal so far as she has been stretched to rubber sets for all her previous matches. How much left for her in final against a younger and fresher compatriot? Many would have thought Zhang to have been eliminated in the early rounds due to injury but she is now in the final. Walkover or retired? Ask LYB.

MD:
    Koo/Tan bt Eriksen/Hansen - Having won 3 Super Series , the MAS pair should have the edge over the DEN veterans but be expecting a strong challenge from the local favorites.

WD:
    Yang Wei/ Zhang Jiewen bt Lee Kyungwon/Lee Hyojung - Barring from any injuries, the best CHN WD pair is the clear favorite. Upset? Very unlikely.

XD:
    Robertson/Emms v He Hanbin/Yu Yang - The rest of the world will be cheering for the ENG pair. Can the more experienced ENG pair stop the CHN's dominance?

4. Loopy

Loopy Regular Member

Lin Dan vs Bao Chunlai
    LD had his way to the finals pretty much carved for him, with average opponents, except for KJ. On the other side, BCL is in surprisingly good form as he really battled it out against top players: Taufik, Jin Chen, and LCW. If he can convert his mind into the finals where he failed in the last years, then he will surely win.

Lu Lan vs Zhang Ning
    Acutally, this a very tough match. Lu Lan has yet to win this year, as she lost twice in the finals. But her mind is really made up and has huge confidence with her win on XXF and ZL. She can defeat our veteran Zhang Ning. And if she does, she can claim having beaten the best players in the world.

Koo/Tan vs Eriksen/Lundgaard
    The match in the SF with the Danes against the Chinese was quite surprising. Notwithstanding the fact the CY and FHF are having trouble lately, the danes really battled it out in their homecourt. The danes outplayed a very fast pair. Since KKK and TBH really like to kill everything fast, the danes will again have their defense put to the test and needs to outwit the young talents. Still, it wouldn't surprised me that the Danes win in a very heated battle.

Yang Wei/ Zhang Jiewen vs Lee Kyung Won/Lee Hyo Jung
    Two great pairs, yet the koreans are playing extremely well. For me, it isn't an upset that the korean would win against the second seeded strongest pair. Tall LHJ is a perfect match with LKW, and both have improved immensely. LKW's agressive play and the pairs precision is what will take the koreans to victory.

Robertson/Emms vs He Hanbin/Yu Yang
    No surprise here. The british pair are back this year with a vengeance, propelling them once again on the top of the world leaderboard. Thank you Lee Jae Bok !

5. din

din Regular Member

executice
    Just stick to your astro. I believe there will be a live telecast. That's what happened on the SF yesterday.

6. Noridayu

Noridayu Regular Member

Childcare Teacher
    To Din

Dear Din,

It is true to watch live is still the best compare to delayed telecast. I hope that astro will telecast live match for all Malaysian citizen to watch the most exciting match.

Ayu

7. nauyuchi

nauyuchi Regular Member

useless astro. they'll be showing delayed tomorrow.... so sad!!

8. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
    Markis/Hendra just can't challenge KKK/TBH!!
    And the score 21-18,21-10 proved what I said yesterday is totally right!
    KKK/TBH will be the winner!!They will win over the veterans again!
    Seems like they perform more better in european tournaments!!

YANG Wei/ZHANG Jiewen is the best WD pair of China as HUANG Sui
    is not in good form at the moment!!I trust them!!

HE/YU lost this END pair at Chengdu(18-21,22-20,14-21),but I think they
    should win this time!!

9. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

Lin Dan, Zhang Ning, KKK/TBH, YW/ZJW, Nathan/Emma ll be the winners 2day ..... gogogo...

10. PlayaFromMalaya

PlayaFromMalaya Regular Member

Student
    i have a feeling that the danes will win in MD today..

11. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    What's happenning with China MD ? Any latest news on what 's LYB strategy ?

12. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    MS:
    Lin Danvs Bao Chunlai - Based on semis, Bao is showing more hunger and commitment. Lin Dan was out of sorts and missed on several trademark shots against Jonassen.

WS:
    Lu Lan vs Zhang Ning - Not even sure if this match is going to be played, if ZN's injury is pretty bad, a walkover is possible. Yet, I salute ZN for making it to the final under such great odds, other CHN WS players would have crumbled. Will miss her when she leaves the arena.

MD:
    Koo/Tan vs Eriksen/Hansen - An anticipated close game, with MAS having the advantage based on head-to-heads but Danes have home advantage and better serving from Lundgaard. Still, Koo/Tan must learn to respect "older folks", they almost went down to Choong/Lee in Macao final.

WD:
    Yang Wei/ Zhang Jiewen vs Lee Kyung Won/Lee Hyo Jung - CHN pair to extend their list of achievements with straight games win over Koreans. Only way Koreans can have a chance is if Lee Hyo Jung is merciless at the net.

XD:
    Robertson/Emms v He Hanbin/Yu Yang - Expectations are on Robertson/Emms, which could backfire if not balanced properly.

13. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    If I were him, I will look at employing foreign coaches for MD or even XD. Even CHN XD is stagnant other than ZB/GL, and that's because GL is so mentally strong. The Europeans are coming back to challenge.

Not that the current panel of coaches are not good, but sometimes, you just need a different touch. Obviously there are areas of weaknesses that are not covered properly.

Malaysia learned it the hard way back in the late 80s to step up from being a challenger to being a potential winner. And we are still "work in progress".

14. chaism

chaism Regular Member

Manager
    Yes, hopefully and the whole country will cheers!

15. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Very unlikely , China will employ a foreign coach. We might see the change of guards, more junior players will be exposed. Anyway, that's the balance of nature, can't have China completely dominate the game. Also, is China depleting its resources since many contries are benefiting from players migration ????

16. kkk&tbh

kkk&tbh Regular Member

Student
    Astro is not showing live today...are there any more channels that is showing live today????

17. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    He, he, in a sense, China did "employ foreigners" as players and coaches when they started taking badminton seriously, way back in the 60s. Hou Jiachang, Tang "The Thing" Xianhu, Wang Wenjiao, even MAS 1st foreign coach Fang Kaixiang, born in INA, and played and coached for CHN before he came to Malaysia. It is from their efforts and coaching structural changes that CHN grew to challenge INA, the powerhouse of that time, and on to dominate world badminton.

But what I am saying is, there comes a time when you need something new that is not homegrown, to further improve. Over many player generations, we see players of the same country playing a similar style. If that style is fully analyzed by other countries, the advantages it has are negated.

18. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Well, anything can happen but the chance for KKK/TBH to win is higher than the Danish pair. KKK/TBH have killer instinct that most of the Malaysian players lack off.

19. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Totally agreed that mix flavors are always good and I see MAS has benefited from this. China will always go with their past players as coaches, is it pride or just the culture....???? Just like in the states, we went with foreign coaches and players to build the soccer program (football) and groom locals to step in at a later stage. Isn't that the same with Singapore ???? I saw that Singapore recruit at junior levels too ... right ? Global affect !!!:D

20. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    my predictions here:
    preview:

Lin Dan vs. Bao Chunlai
    Under normal circumstances, I would say that Lin Dan would most certainly prevail. But after seeing Bao survive Lee Chong Wei, Chen Jin and Taufik, I think this might be the match for Bao to shed his Mr. Runner Up status. Denmark certainly brings back memories for him; that is where he won his first international title, when he ironically beat Lin Dan in the finals. But circumstances have changed ever since. Lin Dan has become the poster boy for Chinese badminton, while Bao has been somewhat shunned into the shadows of the great Dan. Bao is a man with a mission, out to prove to Li Yongbo and his female fans that he can win titles. While it is rare for me to say this, I would say that Bao will prevail over Lin Dan in 3 tight sets.

whole article:
    The Badminton Blog - Finals Predictions