MD WR#1 will be decided by Macao Open

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by vching, Sep 28, 2007.

1. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Cant recall if PG or Hariyanto had held World No1 spot for more than 2yrs. Anyway, talking about Hariyanto, his smashes were the most lethal I've ever seen. I cant imagine how did he sustain throughout the match (in old 15 points system) coz his smashes were more frequent and powerful than Taufik. Anyway, both are great players.... never doubt....

Oppss... a bit off topic here... maaf ya :p

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Fu/Cai held the No 1 position from Sept 7 2006 to Sept 20 2007, one full year.

3. well-son

well-son Regular Member

Hey... let's see the subject of this thread:
    "MD WR#1 will be decided by Macao Open",
    started on Sept 29th, and it is proven.

Before MO the MD's rankings are (if I am not mistaken):
    1) MK/HS
    2) Fu/Cai
    3) KKK/TBH

After MO:
    1) KKK/TBH
    2) Fu/Cai
    3) MK/HS

And I think XXF will replace Zhang Ning for WS #1 in this coming new rankings.

Wow, despite it is "only" GP, MO can change World #1 in 2 categories (MD & WS) !!!

4. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    The highest point u climb in the hill, the stronger winds will blows u down.

5. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Samuel, why u always so negative?:cool::confused: Anything bad happened during your childhood?:D:p

6. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Just a reminder.. I am of course not as negative minded as the famous baiter of KKK/TBH here in BC ;)

(Quote from Arsene Wenger : "Maybe a year ago Ronaldinho was the best player in the world. Is he today ? No. It is as simple as that. You can be the number one in tennis in march and number 10 in November. All players are the same") :cool:

7. BooYa

BooYa Regular Member

Yes, it makes a different ... in MAS, your World Ranking affected youor salary

Being World#1, you get salary raised for certain percentage.
    That's the incentive program :p

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I don't think it's about mental toughness or that the youngsters are tougher than the veterans. It's about getting the tactics right. KKK/TBH knew that they had to risk high by killing the serve right away because their chance of losing in a rally is higher.It's about risking to win or not risking to lose.The choice is obvious.(WCH made the wrong decision ,that's why he lost to CJ.)

9. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Getting the tactics right showed mental toughness. Saving 4 match points shows mental toughness.

#89 robin7, Oct 9, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  10. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Don't ever challenge the status of MCO MD .. For me, it is almost the same class with JO men singles field.. With all the top players around..
    I used to be a ex state players in Basketball. The introduction of MBL (MAS Basketball League) certainly bring the games into highest level possible for a country. How I wish i could participate it, even the total number of teams compete in is far less than the national championship which consists of all the 13 states plus arm forces / polices..
    If i would choose between winning the World Champs/Olympics Title by between all the tiny opponents all the way.. Or Any Little tournaments by beating all the top players in their peak. Of course i would have choose the later..
    No doubt WC & OG meant alots to a country, but for personal glory is beat the best to become the best !

11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

That's decision making, not a mental toughness scale. Gan/Lim saved 5 match points in a row.They're mentally tougher? LCW saved 8 consecutive match points against LD.Does that make LCW the mentally toughest of them all?

12. well-son

well-son Regular Member

Really??? where does the %salary/incentive come from?
    BWF? or you meant from their own countries?

13. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    i'm guessing that it's because the superseries winners' awards are based on a percentage, having 1 round bye is a certain percentage over people who have to win to get that...i saw this somewhere, but winners of MS is 8%, WS 6.55%..etc...

14. well-son

well-son Regular Member

Thanks for your explanation, Romeo.
    But what I want to know is... is it true for being World #1 one will get any %salary/bonus/incentive from BWF or what (as BooYa mentioned above)? Is it?

15. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    From their respective country association , yes...
    NSC (National Sports Council) did give away some monthly incentive for any athletes who manage to be ranked number 1 in the world.. Until they drop their ranking...

16. well-son

well-son Regular Member

a bit off topic...

Oh, I see.

So the NSC (China) do give away some monthly incentive for any athleles who in ranked #1 in the world... What about other countries' NSC (MAS, INA, KOR, DEN, JPN, etc)? Do they give the same thing for any of their players who manage to be ranked #1 int the world as well?
    If they do, like the CHN's NSC, that would be good for the player's motivation... to be NUMBER ONE in the world (cos they will get extra money beside the tourney's prize money) !!!