Taufik's stamina

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by ye333, Oct 7, 2007.

1. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I would concludes in terms of backhand powerful play.. WCH plays much more better than TH in this MCO.. :rolleyes:

2. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

He simply hasn't been practicing enough in the last 6 months, and since his baby was born. When he gets his mind into it, I'm sure he'll be able to win tournaments again and become the best, not just simply a "formidable opponent". As a Taufik fan, I hope he peaks at the right time next year (i.e. OG008).

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

LD was deadly in German open, deadly in AE, why is he not deadly anymore in Swiss (Even before his injury burst, his 1st game against Simon was very close)? LCW was deadly in Japan, why is he not deadly anymore in Taipei? These two are among the fittest guys, if their performance drops after attending 2 or 3 tournaments in a row, what is wrong for TH, the most unfit MS player, to appear the same?

Also, if you know Chinese, I suggest you google and find some game statistics by this id 陶非克(or 陶菲克). He counted every rally in the TH - LCW game. 18% of TH's smashes hit the ground, while 27% of LCW's win points. If you call 18% deadly, how do you describe 27%?

Btw, if you call "PG lost to many ppl these days, I would say the main reason is that he is not fast and powerful anymore." a "excuse" for PG's losses, then I have to say you have a weird standard for "excuses".

#23 ye333, Oct 8, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  4. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Are you saying he is really changing diapers during midnight etc.? If that's the case, I would salute him for getting into 3 finals in a row! :D

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    did he counted TH's smashes into LCW's body as well?
    I thot we are talking about TH's lack of power, NOT lack of accuracy.
    Power and accuracy are 2 different things.:rolleyes:
    I watched the JO too, lcw smashes were steep, deceptive, and accurate. LCW has the best slicing smash in my book. Slicing smash is not all power in my book. I take accuracy over power anyday.

As discussed by maryanne, TH lack focus, not power.

#25 cooler, Oct 8, 2007
  6. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Tough to play 3 tournaments in a month and it dose have an effect on TH's power plus TH's stamina was not used to be.....TH needs to focus and a bit more discipline if he wants to achieve more results.
    I have to say that playing in Macau or in Las Vegas ( for tennis) does have a lot of temptations.....
    TH is known for being himself( boss), he is lack of training but lucily he has natural talent..I wish TH has more discipline like CHN team then TH will be much stronger...
    Please note that after his marriage and he does have comfortable life, he has different motivation...
    Being 3 times of runner up is not bad.....

7. schuweiz

schuweiz Regular Member

I don't see a point of pointing out the skill factor of a player when it comes to winning or losing. Also that I do not think that this type of discussion is relative to how we think the player inefficiency that causes their lost. I believe that most of you guys played baddy long enough to realize that your technique can be studied and mimicked by other people too and sometimes even use your most deceptive shots and turn it into your weakness. The point is, everyone is trying to pin point the weakness to gain the advantage over the other especially if the opponent gets comfortable with your playing style. There is nothing as "having the most powerful smash" will definitely score you points, baddy requires intelligence. Taufik definitely is one of the smartest player out there with confusing placement of shuttles. Who knows that his intention is only to be unleashed in the Olympics? maybe he just want to maintain the world ranking now and trash everyone else in Olympics again?? who knows?? :p

8. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I don't think I was talking about accuracy.

Now seems you are a TH fan. Basically what I am saying is that TH is not above players like CJ, LHI, Sony anymore; But you say he is just lacking focus -- translate: TH lost to CJ because he didn't want to win... :D

9. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    There is parity among the top players...and TH is not the TH of old but come OLY time, TH is the most dangerous one out there...he has nothing to lose, having won OLY gold before and with people saying he may not win, that actually may play out in his favour with much less pressure and expectation...and I suspect TH wanna to screw up LD party...I wouldn't bet against TH and I am certain, come OLY time TH will be prepared for a last hurray.;)

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Perhaps..

..that’s what Taufik is prepping & aiming for:confused:..Remember back in 2003-2004, prior to the Athens Olympics, as I recall Taufik hardly won any significant titles/tourneys, partly because his future in Pelatnas and his coach's future were in limbo (he only won 2 tourneys, 2003 Indonesian Open and 2004 Asian Championships)..But came the Olympics, and w/the return of coach Mulyo, Taufik was once again motivated, re-energized and hungry; well, in addition to the early exit by LinDan..

And perhaps, prior to the OG next yr, Taufik will proclaim to the badminton world that “If i failed to win the 2007 World Championships, I will now dedicate the 2008 Olympics Gold medal to my daughter”..:p:cool:

Btw, in regards to the topic at hand, our Master NGP's post hits the gong here;). And IMO, the last question is the ultimate question for Taufik (and all of the badminton world) :

#30 ctjcad, Oct 8, 2007
  11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

sigh.
    the main reason TH lost here as repeated from what i've said in another thread was that chen jin /chinese team has TH's game plan figured out. Chen jin exploited all of TH's weakness and didnt give TH much good opportunities to make good smashes. Alot of TH smashes were into the net which are not power related.

*Taufik lost because chen jin outworked and outplayed taufik. All other reasons why taufik lost are excuses.*
    (i use color here as suggested by wilfredlgf)

#31 cooler, Oct 8, 2007
  12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Really??..

..hmm, in relation to y'day's match, i only recall 1 or 2 at the most??:confused:..of course, the most vivid one was the smash he did late in the 3rd game..

13. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    There are not many smashes into net but TH smashed more WIDE at least 5 or 6 smashes....his accuracy in this tournament is less...may be after 3 tournaments really affected his game..he needs some rest but for coming Denmark and French will be tough as he only has 2 weeks to rest....now all chinese are playing Olympic test...

14. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Interesting idea. So you are saying TH is still the same TH, just CJ now knows how to beat him? TH has been playing for about 10 years and suddenly ppl get smarter and figured out how to beat him?

Can you elaborate what are the "weakness"es CJ exploited? What kept LD in 05WC or 06 AG from exploiting the same weakness?

15. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

TH, except for a few first games, basically has no control over his smashes anymore. Some of them are like >1 meter wide. Outrageous. He should ask ZJH to teach him how to do those crisp smashes with his wrist. :cool:

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: i said that, Han said that, bananakid said that, and now u said that too. LOL

I've made my assessment on LD's loss in 05 WC and 06 AG individual event many times before already in several other threads before already. U make it sounds like 06 AG individual MS event is THE event:rolleyes: LD had beaten TH twice in the same week of 06 AG in other events.:rolleyes: Wake up my boy, the reason TH in macau final is that several big names weren't there.

#36 cooler, Oct 8, 2007
  17. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    so what.. in JO when several big names were there (including Lindan),taufik could still manage to the final.. did you tried to find 'excuse' why taufik can qualify to the final' meh.. ? :p... you have 12 K posts but still can't 'act' wisely :p

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i didnt say TH's effort in the 07 JO was luck. I was just referrring to the macau open where even chen jin (beaten by boonsak, susilo, etc just recently) can man handle taufik.

A guy (taufik) ranked #10 (at time of writing) doesnt deserve to be labelled as Mr Runner. BCL still rank higher than taufik.

#38 cooler, Oct 8, 2007
  19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

13K -2 posts:p hehe

20. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    damn... we (th fans/ina fans) have fed up you :D :p, i belive we have 50% 'contribution' of your posts :p