MD WR#1 will be decided by Macao Open

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by vching, Sep 28, 2007.

1. PlayaFromMalaya

PlayaFromMalaya Regular Member

Student
    can u include the points of KKK/TBH and CY/FHF please ?:D

2. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    if KKK TBH loses today: 73414
    if they win 74464

CY FHF: 72763
    MK HS: 71747

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

That will hold for two weeks, till Denmark Open SS. Whoever among the 3 pairs wins Denmark will be no 1 then. Do, Re, Me, they take turns, after you is me - FU/Cai, then Kido/Setiawan, now KKK/TBH for 1st time as no 1.

4. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Talking about World Champs losing some momentum immediately afterwards, last year Cai/Fu were without a title for 8 months, if I am not mistaken. They broke the duck only in S'pore SS, and that too after almost losing the match.

Fortunately this didn't happen to Kido/Setiawan. They did manage to win the Chinese Taipei title against reasonably strong opposition. Still, I am disappointed that they couldn't provide a better challenge against Koo/Tan, though understandably, maintaining your form is not easy in back to back competitions.

But even against top opposition, Lin Dan has been holding World No 1 status for more than a year now. So it makes strong argument for one of the top pairs to maintain a No 1 spot and not make it look like "musical chairs".

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, i guess..

..neither KKK & TBH nor MK & HS will be the "deserved" #1 MD pair, since they will not meet CY & FHF in the Finals??..:confused::rolleyes::p;)

6. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    CY/FHF is no longer a threat in MD based on their performance since WC.:p

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

They are getting routinely beaten by Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah, and for the second consecutive times since the WC 2007:cool: I think out of all the MD pairs in the world, only MAS pairs have good records against Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun (with Choong/Lee on a 6-3 or 7-3 head-to-head after yesterday's win) and Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong on 3-3 if I am not wrong). Even Tan Bin Shen/Ong Soon Hock and Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari/Lin Woon Fui can beat the Chinese :cool:

8. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

Finally KKK/TBH hit the target for reaching the World No.1 position before the end of the year. Congratulation to them for winning Macau Open and being World No.1 next week. :D:D:D

9. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

KKK/TBH vs Fu/Cai: 3-2 not 3-3

10. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Right at the beginning of the 4th quarter.:)

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Finally World #1. Within 1 year they become #1. I hope that they can sustain. Erase the #1 in their head and fight and play with the mentality of #50 aiming to #1.

12. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Funny!

KKK/TBH basically sucked in the past 5 months, now they just did one good tournament and viola! They are No. 1! Mission fulfilled!

Hope they will not lose momentum again.

13. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    To be fair to KKK/TBH, their last title was Philippines Open in July so we are talking about 3 months, not 5. Their biggest fumble was World Championships in August. The same thing can be said about Fu/Cai, they have yet to win any major title since ...? Even before Kido/Setiawan won the WC, I don't even remember what title did they win prior ?
    The #1 title changes hand so frequently as no one pair is dominating in MD department unlike the MS where Lin Dan still win 50% of the time.

14. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

What's the main advantage of being No1 ranking? Think about it.... Yes, they will avoid the top 8 pairs till the QF, but that's it. They still hv to beat the top 8 pairs constantly in order to win OG08. How long can they hold the world No1 spot? I think it will rotate among the top 4 pairs and I dont see whats the hoohaa for the ranking. As long as they hold the top 8 spot, I'll be glad to see them marching into QF and take a game at a time.

Look at Federer and Woods. They hold the No1 spot more than 2yrs and that's what I called "world No1". In badminton, LD is the only person who has done it and he is well deserved to be crowned WORLD NO1.

15. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    agreed, which is why i believe Fu/Cai will bounce back from this set back, they'll train even harder and be back on top by the end of the second Chinese Open in my home town ;) XD...

16. ChompChomp

ChompChomp Regular Member

not only lindan...gade used to be holding No.1 ranking for quite sometime and hariyanto arbi too if im not wrong

17. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I guess Rexy's tactic worked for MAS MD...hehe now they have won titles...been told that Rexy is so happy...I made a joke to Mas Coach...is that time that Rexy gets another raise???hehe..he laughed so hard.....

18. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Judging from the final yesterday, KKK/TBH are mentally tougher than their seniors. Being world number 1 is just the beginning of the journey to achieve further heights in their career. Hopefully, they can sustain and play even better in the future. All the best.

drifit likes this.
  19. gundala

gundala Regular Member

private
    not yet.. bro ..... they need to prove it again in next ss tourneys..

remember in PO 2007.. they're superior.. but in two big tourneys they failed, they lost to Japan pairs in 'early' round in wc 2007, and lost to alvent/luluk in QF in JO 2007

as matter of fact.. kido/setiawan is still better than TBHand KKK in comparasion of the last 3 tournaments.. kido/setiawan always lost in semifinals :D...

hey i don't mean to low TBH/KKK.. they deserve #1 Wr next week.. congratulation !!! :D

20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

1) KKK/TBH if counting Philipines Open is 3 months drought. If not counting Philipines (cos the top pairs werent there) is 7 months - Mar 07 to Oct 07

2) Kido/Setiawan was 10 months, Oct 2006 they won CHina Open. WC was Aug 07.

3) Fu/Cai was 8 months without title from WC 2006 in Sept 2006 to May 07(Singapore Open). They were Runner-up 2X in that period, lost to Kido/Setiawan in 2006 and KKK/TBH in All-England 07

Let me look thru the history to see how long Fu/Cai held the No 1 position