Macau Open 2007, Semi Finals 06 October 2007

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by LI De Quan, Oct 5, 2007.

1. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    Choong Hann must be the most likable player ever.....

2. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    To contrast the match between Koo/Tan and Kido/Setiawan, I have not seen a more lopsided battle between two top pairs in a long time. I didn't see the Koo/Tan whitewash against Cai/Fu at the Sudirman Cup, they were probably playing just as badly then. :D

Previous top pairs in the past 40 years were almost always consistent, battles between two of top pairs were never as one-sided. OK, so I missed the good old days when battles were fought over almost 2 hours ......

Somehow the new scoring system, the breakneck speed of MD play, and participation in a number of tournaments back-to-back has impacted all current top pairs' consistency at one point or another. And this despite the average game taking only 20-40 minutes to complete.

Taking the INA coach's assesment, the quality of service is one coaching area that is under constant improvement. As they say, the rally is won mostly by the quality of the 1st 3 shots.

Krisna likes this.
  3. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    i think the best thing to do is revert the doubles game back to the old scoring system while leaving the singles at the new - games finish too quickly nowadays...

4. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    To all mAS fans....it is very good news that MAS MD got all Final.

Please do not overjoy as MAS TEAM said to me that MAS MD needs to prove to win major tournaments as MAS has more losing rate than winning rate.

Please do not bash our INA MDs...this is not respectful as we, INA fans cheer for MAS MD...there is always win and lose....I get annoyed to see some comments like thrashing Kido/Setiawan, etc as one day INA MD will do same thing also....

Even all MAS and INA players are getting along well.....

Again...do not celebrate like MAS MD has won major championships...CY/FHF as well as other INA MD will be back.....

5. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

The match quality of MDs is better in the old days. Most of the matches r finished under 30mins nowadays. Blame the new scoring system. :rolleyes:

#1185 zqloy, Oct 6, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
    Krisna likes this.
  6. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Base on what you said then we should basically do nothing :D:D We are all human and have feeling of joy and sadness so expression after the defeat or celebration after the triumph is still within the norm. Sure we should not trash and disrespect players and use all those unnecessary "F" words but nothing wrong to express disappointment and frustration thru individual view.
    Malaysian fan has always been accused of very critical to their players, I for one don't quite agree with that. I love Malaysia players so when they fail to deliver then I get frustrated and express my view about it, what is so wrong about that? If this chat room is going to limit to only positive feedback then it loses its charm.
    We throw stones at one another during the tournament but always hug and love again after the storm, I prefer that kind of feeling, more natural than suppressive.
    Well, as usual, only my thought and hope doesn't raise the temperature of this chat room again. Now, about that "kachang puteh" .... :D:D:D:D
    Cool and peace !!

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I don't see any of the real INA fans not accepting the loss... True fans are loyal! :cool: [Note: kecuali kalau keterlaluan banget lho ya... :p]

I have to admit that even though this Macau Open is not even a Superseries. In the MD category it is no 'kacang putih' laaah.... The top 4 pairs were all there... :p

Oh yes, INA's MD will be back... [as usual]... ;)

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yup. Now I completely understand the term kacang putih.... Ha ha ha... :D

9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yup. Absolutely agree!

10. wynn000

wynn000 Regular Member

anyone got record the semi final game?

11. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

Simply amazing!!! I just love you guys/gurls... so passionate and so emotional. I just feel it's simply wonderful and lucky that all badminton players out there have you guys as their die-hard fans. All the best, keep it up, debates, views and discussions are healthy, as long as it is kept in check. CHEERS!

12. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Agree with Hauge, shouldn't belittle the opposition for not doing too well now, 'cos we haven't been doing well ourselves recently.

Otherwise, Hauge will stop sending SMS results to the forum in events with no live score!!!! :eek::D

13. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I guess nobody overjoyed.

Hau-ge, I was so touched to know that the whole INA camp was cheering for CTF/LWW against FHF/CY. Thanks for the support. I believe that the MAS camp would have done the same when INA is playing against CHN.

But, what I don't like is that some INA fans finding excuses for the loss even before the match and make some self-comforting talk by bringing out some history and downgrading others.

After their ungentleman behaviors being pointed out, then they started to "clarify". I call it "gali lobang tutup lobang".

Note: Thanks for the sms again.

14. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I did not suggest that you should not do anything,..it is okay to cheer and say good things about your players when they win....but no one has a right to thrash the opponents, saying here and there....sometimes..certain players are off at that day...I do not think it is fair to say bad things about kido/handra....thats all...

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Huang, who in the Msian team you talked to? Assistant coach Pang? KKK/TBH, CTF/LWW?

I'm not super overjoyed, just glad they broke the drought barrier so the critics will get off their backs(meaning leave whole MD team in peace ) for a while.

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Victor, why dont you change your nick to VICTORC, so no confusion

17. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    kacang putih = kacang atom (indonesia)....... ???:D

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Here the clips below.. for yesterday Semi-Final Highlight from macau media site..see WS/MS/ Malaysia robot WCH a clon of Han Jian very fight game on the last two set.
    click the broadband button new windows will appear, then click the broadband button on the right again and it start.heres the link..>>http://www.tdm.com.mo/news/tvnews.php?id=34548

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I can see that yesterday with the coaches and players joking with one-another before and after the match :)

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

This thread..

...has gotta be, hands down, the most viewed tournament thread this yr. in BC....and this is not even a Super Series tourney...:p:eek::cool: