Macau Open 2007, Semi Finals 06 October 2007

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by LI De Quan, Oct 5, 2007.

1. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Hey I am not MAS fan (I have to admit I like CTF/LWW's style more than CY/FHF though). Just find the phenomenon very interesting. :D

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

U should see the bench just now...all INA players and coaches + MAS team were rooting for CTF/LWW and Wong Choong Hann (too bad he lost :cool:)

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I think PSH was annoyed by the line judges, and then TH was annoyed by PSH pointing to the lines all the time. :D Seemed like "Man could you stop this and just play?" :D

4. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I am actually CHN fan... Just really don't like the styles of CJ and CY/FHF... Sad ah sad... :( :(

5. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    So glad I make so many "friends"(subject to individual interpretation) in this chat room :D Keep up the good work on your pre and post games analysis, I truly enjoy reading them.
    I think there's doubt on Markis's mind each time when he plays against KKK/TBH for whatever reason.

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yup... my sentiments exactly!

Of course! Better that our neighbours win rather than CHN... ;) Hey, after all, we are all ASEAN people... Last time in the Indonesian Open, all the Indonesians were cheering for Lee Chong Wei too. LCW said he felt at home in Jakarta... :p [Well that is until next year if he faces Taufik/Sony/Simon/Andre/Tommy... then the crowd will start shouting 'Ganyang Malaysia!' again]

...oh well, in politics as well as in international-badminton, there are no permanent friends, everybody are just 'temporary allies'... :p Sorry, nothing personal, it is just business ~Godfather~

7. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    There are always some sour talks from the losing fans. Too bad. A loss is a loss and a win is a win whether it is 7-star tourneys or "kacang putih" tourneys. Player(s) can lose the match but can never lose the lesson.

Some die-hard fans have already prepared the excuse for the loss even before the match started.

A smart fan should always accept the truth and take it gentlemanly whether losing or winning. Sour talks are so not gentlemenly, so to speak.

You know who you are.

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Badminton realities...

INA has such a long badminton tradition that we have seen up-and-down cycles so many times... that we are hardened and mature about badminton eventualities... I remember earlier in 1992, INA lost the Thomas Cup finals to MAS... yet, a few months later in the Olympics, INA got 2 golds, 2 silvers, etc. MAS didn't get any of the big prizes... This year, INA only won 1 Superseries title in the first 6 months, but then came up with 2 World Champions. This are the realities of badminton... We are used to it... :)

We will not back down from supporting our players no matter what! [...mmm, except if Taufik gets beaten 4-21, 3-21 by a 3rd-tier player, then most probably we become furious! :mad: :p :D]

Yeah, next year's Olympics is going to be sooo cool! :cool: By that time all the top pairs and players would have competed against each other so many times in the various Superseries and Gold GP events that they can remember their opponents strength and weaknesses in their sleep... :p

Don't count out Luluk-Alven yet... They are still world #8... and in any given day, they can beat the top pairs as well... [hint: 2007 Japan Open win agains KKK-TBH]

9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Ok, I admit I don't know why this tournament is called "kachang puteh"? :confused: Doesn't it mean kacang putih [in Indonesian] or white peanut?!? :confused: What's wrong with white peanuts again? They're delicious! :p :D

10. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Move on. Prove it in the next tourney.

11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    For MS it may be kacang putih as LD and LCW are absent but not that kacang putih as Taufik is playing.However, I don't think it is kacang putih for the MD as the top pairs are participating.

12. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    In Malaysia, "Kachang Puteh" mean something insignificant and easy to obtain ... I may be wrong since I left Malaysia for almost 25 years ago, my Bahasa is rusty :D
    Anyway, I wrote it for the fun of it, not intended to dis-credit Gold Series, if Taufik get offended, please apologize for me.(I already assume Taufik win just to ease the tension between me and BadMania :D)

13. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Thanks you for the rescue brother :D

14. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    INA supporters has less to worry about Taufik's performance now, since he had a child, his performance was very consistent and the hunger is back. I'm not counting the World Championships, of course, maybe that time Taufik is just adapting to fatherhood and didn't have enough rest, helping to change diapers and making baby milk in the middle of the night ...... :D Simon is improving and Sony just needs to keep away from injury.

Same goes for INA MD/XD/WD, they are back among the top. Though to be frank, I expected better from Kido/Setiawan yesterday, surely even with lack of form they can at least make proper returns of serve and Kido's smashes should not be too far off target.

This Macao Open is heartwarming for MAS supporters, we got our top two MD battling for the title and WCH's brave effort through injury was very inspiring. Despite his age, WCH is about the only MAS player bar LCW that can be competitive against the world's top guns. Which is both good and bad, good to see an old warhorse beating the crap out of younger opponents, bad that MAS own youngsters haven't even reached his level, much less support LCW.

15. Temasek Green

Temasek Green Regular Member

Ooooops...!!! BC room temperature now goes above chat room temperature,hope it will coool down.

16. Temasek Green

Temasek Green Regular Member

Ahhhh..!! now going down back to normal chat room temperature 21 deg. Cels. Coooooool buddy cool.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As I wrote earlier before anyone jumping to the conclusion that we INA fans didn't accept the loss. I REITERATE: KKK/TBH were simply the better pair yesterday. Sigit Pamungkas also analyzed the match well when he said that the quality of serves and balls of the MAS pair were simply more superior! The INA pair simply had no answer to them :mad:

I was disappointed that Kido/Hendra DID NOT GIVE their true performance yesterday, but, that is badminton...u win some, u lose some. I did congratulate MAS fans as both their doubles pairs have done well, didn't I? I give credit when its due.

#1177 badMania, Oct 6, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  18. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Badmania, mind posting a review on the match btw CTF/LWW vs Cai/Fu?
    Sounds like a good match, its a pity we cant watch it :(

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Dude, I didn't even know there's a tension among us :confused:
    We were not even arguing abt anything :D

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I agree. I don't know why too...he looked tense and probably fearful of the MAS pair? Remember, they haven't won against KKK/TBH :cool: I look forward to these pairs' next meeting and I hope it won't be an-anticlimax match again :rolleyes: