Another Walkover China vs China in Semifinal MS

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by sjoe, Oct 5, 2007.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

No CHN fan will forgive him for being a whistle blower.

2. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    indeed, if chen hong goes public, he will be our hero... but then he can kiss his olympic spot bye bye

3. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I think CH most probablt will wanna reserve his energy for Denmark Open , that's where all the top players will compete in. In including his main nemesis.. LinDan :p

4. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

He has no hope anyway if he keeps doing such walkovers. There are four top Team China MSs, the chance of meeting one of them before the SF is huge.

5. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    May be many Chinese fans are also disgusted but just like many, too afraid to be hated by just minority whom are loud enough to justify their ego.
    Usually works like this, the guilty party will accuse everyone with very nasty things and very loud. Hope that will shut everyone up and stop criticizing. But if you know that this is not right (which everyone agree) and dare enough to stand up and willing to sacrifice your personal ego, things will eventually change.
    We all know that justice will eventually be done but when ? the sooner the better. Just need someone to stand up and be hero.

6. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    I am not talking about Chen Hong anymore now. I have accepted his explanation.
    It is now not about badminton only but moral ground. Hope this is only conspiracy.

7. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    chen hong is one of the best in badminton still and has one of the best sportmanship in the sport, i'd doubt he'd give walkovers just like that, even so now that he left the chinese team...candra wijaya left the team, but he is free to do whatever he pleases, and i'm sure we'd like to see more of tony and candra play =P....but i agree that having walkovers lose a possible great match, and i was really looking forward to watching chen hong vs chen jin...chen hong's still got his nice backhand skills and deceptiveness ;)

8. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    One more possibility. Looking at this, other coaches let their players compete with each other freely, possibly CHN coaches are similarly minded.

Maybe these fixups weren't even the CHN coaches' call, a call from someone higher up to the coaches will do the trick. The coaches are probably just messengers.

In any case, I am mad that this is allowed to happen time and again ..... :mad::mad::mad: BWF should do something like a quick forced medical examination to verify any walkouts .....

9. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    well you can't really force a player to play, i mean if they feel injured or they feel they can't compete at their highest level, you can't really force them to play just because us fans demand it...even if it wasn't an injury and more of a strategical thing to peak at a better time or save strength for another event (possibly doubles/mixed), it should still be allowed to withdraw and walkover for any reason...albeit sucks to hear and watch this type of thing, but as a player, it's a great option to prevent injuries...

10. Jade Imperial

Jade Imperial Regular Member

many ppl?????

huahahahahhaha