The beginning of the end of CHN's domination??

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by alfa-2, Sep 15, 2007.

1. markchan

markchan Regular Member

And with LCW's fluky win he will now be analyzed to death then he will fall into a bottomless pit of defeat.[/quote]

He's one angry fella alrite. If LCW wins another tournament, he may just burst an artery........:D:D
    Take it easy man.

2. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Guys its a game, you win some you lose some ;).
    No one will win continuously forever

3. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    yeap! :D true enough! :D

4. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    and where does your national team stand? :D:D:D:D:D

5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I bet he is an emigrant from China, definitely not ex Malaysian from the way he talks.:D

6. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

China is pacing herself

I think China team is pacing themself so that they peak at the right time.

They will analyzed the competition before the Olympics.
    They have less than a year left...so therefore they are writing a scouting report on all their competition. Most of the opponents tendencies will be well known by now.

So far their weakness seems to be the Men's doubles with the slide of Cai/Fu. And they don't have a top 2nd pair yet. Other than that, I don't see why China will not dominate the world of Badminton.

7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

When LYB is not around to coach or support, he's saying his player will lose.

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

You're right.LD's starting to realise...That's why his tournament attitude now is to play his best rather than play to win.

9. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

just read his previous post then you will know-

'LCW is gonna find himself crying over losing to Lin Dan and then i can step on his name some more = )'

10. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    The key here is not so much whether China can continue their dominance, but rather whether other countries can sustain their challenge.

I mean 5-6 years down the road, I'm quite certain China will show case 1-2 LD's calibre players, but can Malaysia produce another LCW or can Indonesia produce another TH to continue the challenge?

11. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

Next will be Nguyen Tieh Minh (VIE), Chan Yan Kit (HK), Simon n Andre (INA), Anup (IND), Poompat (THA), Kendrick (SIN), Arif (MAS).....:D:D:D

12. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    U forget to add Monkey on the list :mad::mad:

13. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Wonder will LD adopt the same kinda attitude during next year Beijing Olumpics :rolleyes: :D:D

14. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Beg to differ here. It takes 3 years of international experience to produce a champion. Right now CHN MS is only CJ from his batch.INA has SDK and SS who can upset CJ.MAS has a few promising ones,still very much getting exposure. CHN MS 5-6 years later looks outnumbered by non-CHN...
    CHN's dominance the last few years are due to a combination of factors:
    1. OSS
    2. Draw criteria(before introduction of SS)
    3. LYB's creative manipulation when opportunities arise
    1. OSS favours players with excellent stamina more than skill.
    2. Pre-SS draw criteria favours high ranking players with easy early stage matches so they only need to work during the final stages.
    3. In final stage all-CHN matches, LYB has the privilege to influence the outcome so that the ranking points can be protected.
    Before SS, all the factors favour CHN's make up , so most of the time they win.
    Since SS, CHN still wins but so significantly less that LYB knows there's no guarantee of sure wins anymore.The trend indicates CHn's having trouble containing the challenge of non-CHN. The non-CHN onslaught is starting to break CHN down, slowly but surely.
    I don't think CHN can stem the tide.

15. chity hour

chity hour Regular Member

look at current world ranking
    it still more red colour flag with a yellow stars in MS, WS, WD
    they're still the conquerer

16. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    the other red is coming up real soon..........:p:p:p:p

17. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    whatever happens,abonded what other ppl says,i really hope the title of this discussion is a fact.I'll pray for that.sounds unfair for china but ...what can i say?

18. DarrenS

DarrenS Regular Member

Company Director
    Another interesting topic. Nobody seems to have touched on the fact that at 28 Tine Rasmussen has never come close to pulling off a result like this one. She has always been a good player, but certainly one that you would never believe could beat 5 chinese players to win a major tournament.

I think the super series has changed the dynamics of the big events to some degree, no soft draws against someone ranked 67 in the world anymore, so it will be interesting to see the results over the next year or so.

Will China continue to dominate? I think for the foreseeable future yes, they still have the biggest player pool by a long long way, due to the fact that they start and train hard at a younger age than many other nations, and of course when you have a population of 1.3 billion you have an enormous head start. Compare this to the other major nations Indonesia 234m, Malaysia 25m, Denmark just 5.5m, United Kingdom 60m, it is a massive advantage.

One thing that is almost certain though, eventually the dynasty will fall, in all walks of life things go in cycles, and some day another country will be the major force in the sport, who knows when or for how long? Nobody thought the Roman empire would fall but of course it did.

For now though the chinese fans should be able to sleep at night knowing they are pretty much guaranteed to pick up at least 2 of the 5 titles at every major tournament for the time being.

For the long term benefit of the sport the quicker the rest of the world can catch up, and challenge the chinese for honours the more secure the future of the game will be.

19. RSLdude

RSLdude Regular Member

Manager
    Will China continue to dominate? I think for the foreseeable future yes, they still have the biggest player pool by a long long way, due to the fact that they start and train hard at a younger age than many other nations, and of course when you have a population of 1.3 billion you have an enormous head start. Compare this to the other major nations Indonesia 234m, Malaysia 25m, Denmark just 5.5m, United Kingdom 60m, it is a massive advantage.

One thing that is almost certain though, eventually the dynasty will fall, in all walks of life things go in cycles, and some day another country will be the major force in the sport, who knows when or for how long? Nobody thought the Roman empire would fall but of course it did.

For now though the chinese fans should be able to sleep at night knowing they are pretty much guaranteed to pick up at least 2 of the 5 titles at every major tournament for the time being.

For the long term benefit of the sport the quicker the rest of the world can catch up, and challenge the chinese for honours the more secure the future of the game will be.[/quote]

very well said :). i guess we should all wait at the end of the year and make a summation of the number of titles won by each participating nation and then we can safely conclude the country who really dominates the professional badminton world. there are still a number of tournaments and it's too early to say if China is indeed losing its grip as the real powerhouse in badminton as of date.;)

20. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

yes, but you can't count the whole population of China as the "badminton population", since a large proportion of chinese are still facing the poverty problem and badminton is not as popular as other chinese traditional sports, eg. the number registation of soccer player in BeiJing is about 900 which is nothing compared with Brazil. and for majority of chinese, their first choice is table tennis. the wage and bonus a badminton player can earn are less than 1% of that a table tennis player can earn in china. Most of the table tennis players in China have BMW, posh, etc.