Chinese Domination 'Sickening'

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by DaN_fAn, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Yup, he accepted it and criticized his players instead ..... :D I admire his attitude and demands for perfection, not to mention his congratulating Sony for a fine effort after the MS final was a very good gesture indeed.

And I acknowledge that Malaysian players were just not good enough this WC. We need to return to more toughmaster minded coaching. We did that before in the late-80 and early-90s with Fang Kaixiang, Han Jian, Chen Changjie, Yang Yang etc.

2. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    if you can't discuss this issue civilisely, and i have gone back and saw that I have not personally attacked anyone, then I suggest you don't talk at all. All I suggested is that we should wait for later tournaments to see what INA can do. Is that so insulting... more insulting that calling someone BS, pathetic and laughable?

3. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    that, i agree completely with you. Malaysia fcuked up this WC.

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Many mistakes were done in the 1960s and 70s by China. Not anymore...

Almost correct, but not completely correct...

First of all, China was not part of the Eastern block during the 1960s and 70s [at the time of their supposed badminton emergence]. Mao already broke away from the Soviet Union & the gang because he didn't want to be dominated by the Russian Bear. You cannot consider them part of the Communist Block with Russia etc. even though they were all Communist. Russia & Warsaw Pact gang participated in many International tournaments [including many Olympic games, China did not...].

Secondly, had China changed their attitude towards the rest of the world earlier [before Mao died in 1976], they would not be treated like so. So it was their fault! Once they changed their attitude, the others changed too. So obviously they were treated like a pariah because of their own incorrect attitude. Don't blame this on the US etc. Aiyaa...

Thirdly, of course I know that money will mean power. But it is not true money can control every aspect. Money cannot fully control human insanity. Too many insanity happened in China in the 1960s and 70s. Insanity scares sane people. When China behaved in a sane manner after Deng Xiaoping, virtually the rest of the world embrace them. Money then came to China and the Chinese themselves help create World wealth. Now China also used money for influence etc.

These are options for actions that they didn't use wisely in the 1960s and 70s. So, the conclusion is the same: it was their own fault they didn't play the global game [money, politics, etc.] correctly in the 1960s and 1970s.
    China corrected their behaviour today... ;) and many historians in China also admit many mistakes were done back done.

"Please don't just blame other people, look at you own behaviour... Ask yourself why people are treating you this way... Correct your behaviour, then people might treat you differently..."

So, Torres, please do not keep insisting that China did not do anything wrong back then... It WAS their own fault that they didn't play and dominate badminton at the international level in the 1960s and70s, ok? Clear?

#164 Krisna, Aug 21, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  5. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Thats right..even LYB did not say anything but some ppl here are not mature enough....no players can win every time..we have to accept thats the fact....and we have to accept the draw also...

6. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    i agree. China has it ownself to blame for isolating itself.

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Err...but Nova/Butet and Kido/Hendra aren't flash in the pan :cool:

Nova/Butet's performance:
    2004 -- Singapore Open 200 (5*)
    2005 -- Sudirman Cup FINAL, World Championships (7*), Indonesia Open (5*), SEA Games GOLD
    2006 -- Asian Badminton Championships (4*), Singapore Open (5*), Korea Open (6*), Chinese Taipei Open (5*), Invitational World Cup
    2007 -- Sudirman Cup FINAL, Philippines Open (GP Gold), World Championships (7*)

Kido/Hendra' performance:
    2005 -- Asian Badminton Championships (4*), Indonesia Open (6*), Asian Games GOLD
    2006 -- Hong Kong Open 2006 (6*, beating CTF/LWW in the Final), China Open 2006 (6*, beating Fu/Cai in the Final), Invitational World Cup
    2007 -- Sudirman Cup FINAL, Word Championships (7*)

Compare to KKK/TBH's performance:
    2006 -- Asian Games GOLD
    2007 -- Malaysia Open SS, All England Open SS, Swiss Open SS

U make your own judgement :cool:

8. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    i'm not saying that they are a flash in a pan, i'm merely using this as an example. For example, if someone won WC and nothing else, compared to someone who has won all SS, i would rate the person that won all SS as better.

If i'm not wrong KKK TBH has beaten MK HS consistantly and besides, their world ranking is higher. Hence, I rate KKK TBH and CY FHF above MK HS

9. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    and besides, if you want to compare records, I'm sure CY FHF and GL ZB have much much better records than MK HS and INA XD

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Well I would not be honest if I said I wouldn't want to see Kido-Hendra and Lily-Nova win some Superseries tournament ....and wait until the Olympics to win again... Hahaha...

Ok, fine for those who think INA is not a badminton powerhouse, fine... It is better to be underestimated than overestimated. And, as Confucius said, "People will always have opinions about you... it is more important to internalize it and consider whether those opinions are appropriate or not..."

I am content to know we are not far behind China in many categories [except WS]... In MS, MD, WD, and XD on any given day, they can beat our players, we can beat theirs. Let's perform well in the Thomas Cup and Uber Cup shall we... :cool: I hope we can show the rest of the world INA badminton at our best in 2008...

We are the country that won the Thomas Cup 13 times [more than any other country on Earth] and Uber Cup 3 times [more than Denmark, Malaysia, etc.]!
    We are the country that produced so many MS World Champions [Rudy, Icuk, Joko, Haryanto Arby, Hendrawan, Taufik] and MD World Champions [Tjun-Tjun-Johan, Christian-Ade, Candra-Sigit, Ricky-Rexy, Tony-Halim, Kido-Hendra, etc.]... We are proud of our badminton records, history, and accomplishments... Let's make more history!

11. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    good on you! hope to see you next year in Thomas Cup where I will be cheering for Malaysia! Lets hope for one of those classic MAS INA finals!

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Err...Fu/Cai have been out since 2003...naturally they would have a better record than Kido/Hendra.

As for Zheng/Gao, I am SURE that Nova/Butet HAVE A BETTER RECORD than them in terms of winning international tourneys :cool:

Nova/Butet are TWICE WORLD CHAMPIONS, with close to a dozen titles!

13. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    YEP..ZB/.GL is not even close yet....Vching just could not accept that INA XD has done better than the rest of the world....

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

AS IF Kido/Hendra and Nova/Butet have not won other big tourneys before :cool: Mind u, FHF/CY or KKK/TBH have not even won ALL SS :cool: They merely won a couple, which was similar to both INA's pairs performance in the past 2 years :cool: Kido/Hendra won two CONSECUTIVE titles in China last year, beating Fu/Cai, Guo/Xie, Eriksen/Hansen and other pairs along the way :cool:

It's a fact that Kido/Hendra have not beaten KKK/TBH...but...I am pretty much sure that if they were to spar now, Kido/Hendra should beat them :rolleyes:

There u goes again abt world ranking....

15. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I still remember one of those days the KOREAN choose to skip some tournaments before the OG after their players earn enough ranking points to qualify..

then, most of their players was seeded low & not even get seeded in the OG.. However, they manage to surprise the mighty Chinse by taking the Doubles title over frm them !
    They are one fine example to prove that a players could win as many SS/Tournaments as they can but when it comes for the honour of their country in Olympics, the KOREAN simply shows who's mettle !

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well said :D I just watched Vita/Butet's match against Yang/Zhao...they were simply awesome and given time, they should rise to the top 10 by end of the year to qualify for next year's Olympics.

Kido/Hendra have also improved in this WC, playing much smarter than before and not only relying on brute smashes.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

YUP...Koreans SWEPT the gold and silver during the previous Olympics; while FHF/CY, CCM/KKK, or other MAS/CHN pairs failed in the early rounds...despite their higher rankings.

18. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    U meants that BCL * GZD/XZB is can't actually carries China's flag? If China Think PO 07 is nothing for them.. Why did they choose to send both of their 2nd rank Men's team to compete? They should send all their Juniors instead.
    MAS, on the other hand.. Needs to build confidence on their players.. Especially on KKK/TBH who failed miserably to help MAS team on achieving their SF target in SC07.
    You should come over to the Stadium of WC07 to witness the SF & Finals.. This Tournament was not held by INA, but most of the audience give full support to the INA players.. The crowds was really behind them . It shows that the eagerness of many spectators/fans who love to see an ease for Chinese Dominating on Badminton.

19. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Rankings are important for qualification and seedings. No doubt. But as far as legacy... winning BIG tournaments are more important!

Let's test this:
    Who was the #1 ranked MS player when Hendrawan won the 2001 World Championship?
    Who was the #2 ranked MS player when Peter Rasmussen won the 2003 World Championship?
    Who was the #3 ranked MS player when Taufik Hidayat won the 2004 Olympics?
    Who was the #4 ranked MD pair when Tony Gunawan-Howard Bach won the 2005 World Championship?
    Who was the #5 ranked MD pair when Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng won the 2006 World Championship?

I would have to look up the historical records [long and hard] for the rankings, but it shows that rankings leave less legacy than becoming the winner of BIG tournaments.

#179 Krisna, Aug 21, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun's achievements from 2003 to 2007:
    INDIVIDUAL EVENTS
    Swiss Open 2004
    German Open 2005
    All England 2005
    Hong Kong Open 2005
    Chinese Taipei Open 2006
    Macau Open 2006
    World Championships 2006
    Singapore SS 2007
    Indonesia SS 2007
    China SS (1) 2007
    -- 10 individual titles since 2002 (the year they started pairing up).

TEAM EVENTS
    Sudirman Cup 2005, 2007
    Thomas Cup 2004, 2006
    Asian Games Team Gold 2006

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.