Sony

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by ricefield, Aug 18, 2007.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    sony is no walkover. Sony is bronze a medalist and had beaten LD before.

2. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

That is Simon. Not Sony.

3. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Im not the one.....of course:D

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As an Indonesian, I do not think that Sony could win too :cool: Currently, only an in-form Lee Chong Wei and Taufik Hidayat can beat Lin Dan.

I think Sony gave Lin Dan too much respect today and that caused him dearly in the first set and beginning of the second set. Only when he was 2-10 down that he began to "feel" Lin Dan's playing tactic. He changed his game and was sucessful in turning around. Notice how he caused so much problems for Lin Dan during this period of time. Lin was chasing the ball left and right and fooled by some of Sony's netting. Cruciallu, it was at 19-17 that Lin Dan reassert himself and eventually won the set in deuce.

Overall, I am delighted of Sony's performance in this World Championships. NOBODY expected him to even enter the quarter-final, let alone win a silver medal here :cool: Remember, he has won an Olympic bronze medal too....

5. ILbAd

ILbAd Regular Member

I have the same thought at first. But after watching the 2nd set of final round, it totally changed my mind.

He was controlling the game after being 7 points down from 5-12. His rally, sharp cross smash, and deception netting messed Lindan pace and give him the lead 19-17. But Lindan with Champion mentality adapt quickly and turn the table to clinch the championship crown.

We shall see how he will perform for next tourneys.:)

6. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    i'm sure
    under Hendrawan's guiding sony's future will be bright

7. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I don't think Sony has fully recovered from his injury, his smash was not as deadly as it use to. I think if Sony apply more pressure on his attacking then he will be very effective, give Hendrawan credit for making Soni a more complete player now and watch out team China, here come another serious challenger!

8. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I think the only 2 persons that could really trouble LD were Taufik and Chen Hong. LCW and PG can sometimes create upset but unlike the other two which I think can almost bring a 50:50 game.

But both CH and TH form has dropped since last year and LCW is still inconsistent at the moment, and so I think LD dominants will go on for another while.

Good job for Sony though, I am glad that we see new faces in the final this year and Indo did a good job overall. ;)

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I can see that there will be some players coming up to replace Taufik. Besides Sony, there is Tommy Sugiarto also.

10. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Exactly. I don't understand why he did that. He is the underdog, he is the weaker one, he should try to boost himself as much as possible and be aggressive. Instead, he played at a very slow pace, did not try to move LD around. No wonder LD beated him comfortably. If not for the 2nd half of 2nd game, I would say "Mr. Kuncoro, next time do me a favor, give a walkover to ppl like LCW, PG, CY. They have the gut to challenge LD.":D

11. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Tommy Sugiarto just beated CH. :(

12. whatsoever

whatsoever Regular Member

Did you guys notice, Sony always smiles when shaking hands with Li yongbo despite his defeat against Lin Dan. Is he gonna be another smiling assassin?? Of course, Gao ling still the world's number one smiling assassin.

13. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    Actually i really don't think Lin Dan was playing his normal way, he didn't smash as much...the normal Lin Dan is sir smash alot, maybe he is trying out new tactics as other coaches are probably teaching their players how to counter Lin Dan. IMHO Sony DK isn't even in the same league as LD, compare speed, power, stamina...Sony isn't even on the same chart as LD

Sony turned 23 too early...he has no chance in becoming a consistent medal winner...because of all of China's talent, and Taufik is now refusing to retire, it will be hard for Sony to even reach the semis after this tournament.

Not really, unless he plays until all of China's players retire +taufik +LCW, but then again China = large amounts of factories pumping out little kids for sports, in other words China probably won't run out of top end talent for quite some time...

I agree with the fact there aren't many people that can challenge Lin Dan, but that person is not LCW i believe, he beat Lin Dan the other time(the time when Lin Dan had 5+ match points and lost) was a complete fluke...however i do believe that a determined Taufik might be the only one that can challenge Lin Dan now, and the proving grounds for Lin Dan will be next year's Beijing Summer Olympics, as Taufik has said he wants that medal.

14. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    From XTC-604's comments::

I think Sony will be main challenger to LD..even LYB was so nervous in 2nd set...I do not know how some people are so sure that SONY will not be the one in future..he proved to us by getting Bronze Medal at Olympics...whatelse to prove??? even he is not 100% yet but still able to get to final....pls give him some credits.....you have to see LIVE how they played yesterday and I have no doubt that Sony will arise...!! watch out for him in future,.,..

TH is set for life now ( marrying rich daughter from INA tycoon)..I do not think he has desire to win anymore...

15. jurong_twister

jurong_twister Regular Member

None
    Taufik era has ended long ago. He keep criticizing IBF, PBSI, but his result isnt as spectacular as his complaint.

16. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    th's last change is olympic 2008...

i'm sure he will shock beijing to beat lin dan :D :p

17. darenong

darenong Regular Member

besides sony ... watch out for CY, CJ, ANUP ? all these r contenders ... and one day thier names is as good as TH, LD, PG .... no doubt bout that ... and if sony has more preparation to meet LD, LD would've got the game of his life ... i think sony has won the WC ..... ehehe talk abt come back ... sony's performance is gold medal winner !

18. endang

endang New Member

sonny is so good in the final. but LD always better. Salute to sonny. SONY keep your spirit!

19. NanoNani

NanoNani Regular Member

Students
    I am proud of Sony's performance during the recent WC in KL he is a great fighter and an outstanding player. He recovered from his bad performance in the earlier round with the Indian player and went on to beat 3 seeded players esp. Lee Chong Wei who was playing in the home ground. In the final , he fought from 6-12 to lead 17-16 however luck was not on his side. He has great future ahead. Watch out for him for next year Olympic in Beijing, do not forget he was the Olympic Bronze Medalist.

20. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Don't forget BP too! ;)