LD vs Anup

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by tbleong, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Konnichiwa

Konnichiwa Regular Member

Studente
    lol ur reasoning makes no sense man... the most talented player is out r16.... the 2nd most talented player out in quarters... and it seems the 3rd most is in the semifinals and probably will win the whole thing... wowww makes alot of sense -_-... yeah taufik is talented and all but being talented can only take you so far.... and thats probably why lin dans hardwork has taken him to another level :)

2. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree except for gp 4 which requires a correction.Gp 4 has a population of 1 so should be sarcastic fan.

3. laonong

laonong Regular Member

depends on how you define talent. speed and stamina can be considered as talent too. I tried my best to have better stamina but I could not match my friend. that's come from his gene inherited from his parents.

4. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    we don't know exactly how many hours TH & LD spent it to practice badminton. but TH made his debut in Ina open 96 when he was stopped in qualifying round. LD's debut in China open 99.

5. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

i agree this 3 are talented plus lee chong wei also ..... unfortunately, peter gade is too old, taufik is rather lazy ...

6. Gitlis

Gitlis Regular Member

Yes, and the ability to utilize these abilities.

7. DaN_fAn

DaN_fAn Regular Member

excellent point.
    Taufik is one of my favourite players.but some fans feel Taufik is 'Invincible' playing at his best.
    from what other BC members who saw the game btw Anup and Lin have to say it seems LD was studying Anup's game in the 1st game and stepped up the speed in the second.
    People keep talking about LD's speed and power but few speak about his mental intelligence.somehow he's given little credit for this.why was not TH able to do the same to Anup.Surely TH would have realised by the first few pts that this guy's no cakewalk.
    Lin's consistency==='Unbeatable'

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    well, taufik is a very talented player but when taufik fans say TH is better than LD, they are reminiscing the olden days when LD was just a simple one dimensional jump smashing MS player. Fast forwarding to the present, any weakness LD had before had been remedied and he only uses jump smashing sparingly. He now has more analytical patience and then find the right tactic to cut his opponent apart. Of course this doesnt mean LD will win every tournaments but he sure is more entertaining to watch.