LCW In WC 2007

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by Blurry D, Aug 16, 2007.

1. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    yeah LYB can save his money on buying ticket for Stephen Chow's movie by watching this one........:eek::eek::eek:

2. chickenlittle

chickenlittle Regular Member

hhaha, i totally agree with yall...
    look at badminton nowadays, all spiced up with politics and all sorts of exciting stuff, just like lcw's loss and his reasons for his loss
    one things for sure, im sittin back n enjoyin this hell of a scenario n drama...
    maybe one day itll b like football.....with its good [​IMG] and ugly side.....[​IMG]

3. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    die die wana supoort LCW eh..........:p:p:p:p:p pls stop manja'ing him.........then maybe one day he will grow up to talk and be responsible like a man.:mad:

4. hcong

hcong New Member

Hard to believe on chong wei's comment. Is chongwei a 12-year old kid? his comment sounds like one. Very unprofessional, irresponsible and embarassing thing to say in public right after his lost. it makes Malaysia badminton team a bunch of fools. This sure will be a laughing stock for few days back in foreign newspaper!
    I wonder what will be his excuse for his next lost, blame the crowd/fan??

BTW, this is my 1st post. Can't keep myself for his shocking comment! I used to highly respect LCW despite his lost. Now no more!

5. hsengsping

hsengsping Regular Member

There are already "clubs" in Malaysia. Perhaps BAM should concentrate on admin and let the training be devolved out with funding doled out on annual or biannual basis with renewal based on "performance". Players can then take their funding to individual coaching set ups.

This is not fully professional like tennis or golf pros who are totally free. At this stage badminton prizefund is still insufficient and even with sponsorship I think is not sufficient to fund coaching, travelling expenses and building up retirement nest egg.

Methinks with the top down controlling mentality typical of MAS authorities above will not even be considered:cool:

6. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

I am speechless reading this forum for the whole morning.
    What a bad day for Malaysian.
    I need some beer to relax myself tonight.

Kudos to Sony, he's deserved it.
    I wouldn't put much hope on KKK/TBH now, but I will still watch and support them. Go on.

7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Well said.
    Seems like this problem has been simmering for some time...When a coach has a habit of reminding you to 'must win', he is treating LCW like a little boy (who needs to be told lest he forgets) so a little boy was how he played.
    May seem like a little reminder but it's downright insulting, irritating and worst of all,mind splitting.Once the focus is lost, there' s no way to play his best.
    It's good that LCW finally gets it out by mistake. Because if he does it internally and I'm sure he must have done so, nothing's gonna change. What he's saying is he needs to be left alone to train under Misbun.Top performers need that kind of freedom.
    Some observations I find MAS coaches don't seem to learn and understand:
    1) If Mas players are set targets, they usually don't perform. or crash out quickly; too many examples to list out here but WC07 is most recent.
    2) If MAS players are not set targets, they surprise with stunning performances. Again many examples but IO07 comes to mind.
    These patterns are so clear. It's not an indication of mental strength or weakness. What is important is to understand how your players get motivated and perform their best.Everyone is different. Different folks, different strokes.
    With MAS players, just ask them to play their best.Don't sound out expectations and let them have the freedom to surprise.
    MAS coaches,start learning to manage expectations .

8. hsengsping

You can only be "undiscovered" once. Once discovered you go through ups and downs. You play well, people expect it to continue, so pressure. If you play badly, people don't expect much until you start winning and the cycle repeats?

Nicol David in squash don't seem to have the same problem but maybe she is coached elsewhere. Malaysian badminton has been (still is) coached by many foreign coaches including Danes and performance is much the same, the occasional good result.

Truly great players perform and coaching is important but secondary eg Roger Federer in tennis. LCW is a deserved World top 3 player but not a world bestriding dominant badminton giant. Lin Dan has been No 1 for sometime and deservedly. LCW loses a match in Malaysia pretty badly, so what? The coaches should be professional and do what they need to do and get on with it.

We are overanalysing the loss.

9. tbleong

tbleong Regular Member

In this QF,, maybe ranked #1 will out..
    LD and CY+FHF becaruful
    see tonight

10. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

I agreed with you. This is a reflection of maturity. He shouldn't be spilling out publicly about his personal issues into the media, but instead settle them with YKH privately. This really look bad on him.

11. hsengsping

Also the competition is not over and there is still MAS interest. This outburst is not helpful to MAS Inc.

12. tbleong

tbleong Regular Member

i dunt think LCW will said this!!??

13. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

I was at the stadium watching almost every match from the 1st day, right from the beginning to the end. And last night the hordes of supporters cheered loudly when he stroded into court, everyone wants to see him perform and win. As the match progresses, the whole arena went bewildered and silent. Everyone is lost for words. Whatever it is, I felt disappointed and so were the thousands of his fans there last night.

14. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

Yes, he said those things. I saw the clips RTM 1 featured during the highlights at midnight.

15. gidong

gidong Regular Member

ENOUGH .. CASE CLOSED !!!!!!!! pls :p

16. darenong

darenong Regular Member

if ure not in his shoes u wouldnt understand the words he said ... there r too many hours and seconds built up for someone to blurred out that kinda words ...an expression from very sad sad moments from past experiences ..

i have a fren, which is an ex malaysia player said "the politics in malaysia is killing the players, the malaysian badminton players" ... when can malaysian officials wake up and smell the coffee ?? i hope they can do it in the shortest time frame ........

i still support lcw ... after becoming his friend by hello im lcw and im daren n sat down n chit chat in a coffee shop ... i think anibody would love lcw, period! even taufik's fan ! cos im a taufik fan hehehe ... if we supporters of malaysian badminton dont support our own player .... WHO Txx Fxxx WILL ?!!! i strongly urge all u malaysian supporters to support our players, they know wats best for them and who can help them produce results ..... i beg u actually ..... just my 2 cents for malaysian players ..

17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Nicol David is based in Amsterdam and she has the freedom to take 2 or 3 month breaks from tournaments.She has a coach; does she also have other coaches annoyingly breathing down her neck reminding her 'must win'?
    Federer is his own boss. He hires and fires his own coach. Does he have another coach who reminds him to 'must win' just before a match?
    I'm not bothered by the loss. As cheekgem suggests ,more a gain than a loss ,as a lesson for OG08.
    What I'm saying is, maybe YKH does not realise his little reminders mentally disrupts LCW's focus and concentration. YKH needs to kick this little bad habit because 'must win' reminders is unreal pressure when you only have 50% control of the outcome and usually backfires for LCW.Surely YKH must have known by now but he continues with his bad habit.
    It's like the minister saying it would be nice for a gold as a 50th MAS present.Most presents you pay with cash so it's totally within your control;asking for this kind of present is unrealistic and unthinking.

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    since u brought up BAM politics, my theory is that Li Mao (LM) left MAL because of that. I think BAM or YKH intentionally let LM contract to expire and forgot about renewing it. I think LM would had stay around and work with BAM to re-negotiate a new contract if LM feels he is wanted.

19. ycw77

ycw77 Regular Member

WELL SAID !!!! I'm with you 100%.

20. gidong

gidong Regular Member

heloo pipol ... CASE CLOSED :p