Who wil be the champion of Men Single game?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by Felicia_txh, Sep 30, 2006.

1. tbleong

tbleong Regular Member

Lcw Or Th.. Cos Th Will Beat Ld At Sf..

2. tbleong

tbleong Regular Member

Hi

Lcw Or Th.. Cos Th Will Beat Ld At Sf..

3. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    Are u BWF? Have an authority to “determine” which one is great?
    It is a necessary for someone to won OG, so he can be categorized as a great player?

“4 heavenly kings” (Yang Yang, ZJH, Morten F Hansen, Icuk) PLUS THE OTHER KINGS (Rudi & Liem Swie King) never won the Olympics Gold, even Swie King and Morten never won the World Championships title. They aren’t great players?

Alan, Poul Erik, and Ji Xinpeng had ever won the OG’s gold. They are greater than “6 heavenly kings”???

Again, AG is not an official tourney of BWF, so the title is invalid. Lin Dan won World Cup title for twice (05 & 06), absolutely more prestigious than AG. (World Cup also an unofficial tourney).

You wanna say, Taufik is a great player? with only 18 titles within 11 years?
    A lucky player only can win occasionally (OG & WC), but a great player and a REAL CHAMPION likes Lin Dan can win continuously and regularly (23 titles within 8 years).

#403 Torres, Aug 8, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  4. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    TH vs LD at QF, not SF.

5. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    For sure, LD will be listed in BWF hall of fame.
    LD's achievement is BETTER than TH. TH only can win occasionally (only needs 12 matches to won, to grab the OG & WC title), but LD can MAINTAIN WR#1 position for 3 consecutive years (120 matches to won is not enough).

Again, a lucky player only can win occasionally (likes Alan Budi Kusuma, Ji Xin Peng, Flemming Delfs, and also Taufik), but a REAL CHAMPION likes Yang Yang, Zhao Jian Hua, and Lin Dan can win intensively and regularly.

#405 Torres, Aug 8, 2007
  6. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    paul erick and alan are legends bro.... :D
    Ji Xinpeng. he dropped after Olympic :p :p
    TH can make Badminton world more colorful :D....
    it seems you never watch TH playing ath his best :p :p

7. taufik-ist

it administrator

alan and TH are lucky players..... WTF......
    a player who can win AG (twice), OC, WC and other tournaments is a lucky player ????????
    GOD must love him very much, if you think TH is always lucky :) :)
    btw do u know badminton ?
    Xi jie peng is a lucky player.. he could only win OC 2000 after that he 'sank down'...
    make sure Lin dan can win OC 2008
    or
    he will never be considered as a legend... :p :p :p

:D :D :D :D :D :p

#407 taufik-ist, Aug 8, 2007
  8. xofrevlis

xofrevlis Regular Member

Student
    I'm sure there is more than one way for a player to qualify as legendary so let's all just agree to disagree rather than say he or she isn't said status.

In my eyes, I would consider any player a legend if they are well-remembered thoughout time for the right reasons.

TH can be considered legendary for achieving several of the top prestigious titles. LD can be considered legendary because of his domination in the sport and bulging trophy cabinet. I believe that for these reasons, both players will be remembered for many a year to come. ;)

9. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    TIME magazine awards Rudy Hartono as an ASIAN HERO (coz his 8 titles in AE). Why TIME didn't choose Taufik (the only one player who can ...)?:D:D:D

10. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Disagree. U mean TH is only a player "lucky" enough to win titles like WC, OG and AG (2x)? I bet yr idol LD would be willing to swap all his titles with TH's. :cool:

11. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    OK.. those "Four Heavenly King" is the past.. If they play nowadays . I m sure they will be grab OG in their collections..
    U cant compare the past great with today.
    For any current players to rate as GREAT LEGEND, the wining combo : WC + AE + OG + SS Finals (U can take away AG from that Grade) . LD / TH or whoever dint achieve dat targets couldnt be consider the GREAT just yet !
    Hall of fame? sure both LD / TH will be having their name on it.. However GREAT/LEGENDS meants u are TOP In the Hall of Fame list. .. Until the next athletes are capable to win more the above title than u... Than is his turn to replace u. GET IT??
    It is not BWF or IOC or any organization who DEFINE GREAT Players.. The results on those 4 "Grand Slam" tells it ALL !

#411 samuel882, Aug 8, 2007
  12. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Lol... They didnt choose LD either did they?

13. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    that's why I said Ji XP is a lucky player. Am I wrong? or you misunderstood my comments?

Taufik can grabs the gold in OG 04 coz Xia Xuanze was absence due to the limitation entries. Both of them are in declining stage, but Xia is the current world champion at that time. Xia is the most experience player in OG 04 (he is AE 00 champion, World Grand Prix Finals title in 01, WC 03, and grab bronze medal in OG 00), so absolutely he can handle the pressure in big events. It is different with LD, BCL, and CH (all of them aren't experience).

Not only Xia, but also 5 - 6 players whom are top 20 in WR. If Xia and the others can participated, no one can guarantee that TH will win.

OG, WC, ABC, and AG is not a true competitive contests (too many "absence" players). Besides Ina open, TH never won a title for more than 3 times in "PERFECT TOURNEYS". LD won AE and German open for 3 times.

14. taufik-ist

it administrator
    Xia couldn't win AG 2002 , he was in his prime time at that time bro. he coulnd't still manage to win the ag 2002 :D :D :D.. TH won that AG :D

and hendrawan often beat XIA :) :) :)

15. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader

So which tournament will u be considered as "competitive contests" . AE ? even in AE there will be many absentees for each year. Coz if one player miss AE this year. He can try to win it back in the following year.. So This AE is the absolute COMPETITIVE Tournaments ?

16. taufik-ist

it administrator
    good one :D :D :D...

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Torres is misquoted like i was misquoted before. All we are saying is that u can't use OG title as a key bragging right for legendary status. We have listed Alan, Poul Erik, and Ji Xinpeng as examples.

18. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I bet u are in the wrong side here.. He even said TH is a "Lucky" player to win an Olympic Gold.. And rank him the same level with ABK, JXP, PEH .. That was totally unacceptable !

19. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Obviously he got shot because his silly comment as TH is a "lucky" player who won all the biggest titles....:p
    Winning 1 OG might be consider as lucky but winning together with WC and AG is a whole diff story....

20. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

overall both of them are great players, i meant TH, LCW, LD n PG. to me i only consider Ricky n Han Jian as legends as they were great players when young and still sacrify for sake of badminton in another country, must salute to them really...