2007 WC Tickets go on sale

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by kwun, Jun 28, 2007.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

eerm i order through website and my choice is to print.. so may b i had mistaken.. but anyway thanks for telling me bro abedeng..

2. ignatio103

ignatio103 Regular Member

it
    wc 2007

how to click n purchase tickets for d second ticket after selected the first purchase.?

3. CYW2006

CYW2006 Regular Member

er.....i have this problem b4...but i receive my tickets already...
    george,u better cal the staff and ask about it....
    maybe they have sent ......or maybe something bad happen...
    someone steal it..

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

not so bad gua...:confused::rolleyes::confused: if someone had steal it, then my dream to watch d WC gone dy..:crying: but i am sure i use the printing method..:)

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm

..what's the plan of staying at home on Sunday, abedeng...you mean you won't come to Finals if there aren't any M'sians in the Finals or the matches aren't interesting that day??..:confused::p;)
    ..the best way to check & confirm abt your tickets is to call their office/Ticketpro, which i believe is located in Petaling Jaya and the ph. no. should be on the printout..If it's not there, i can give you their ph. no. ;)
    ..you can, after putting your order in the basket then by clicking the BACK button and/or doing a SEARCH again..You'll see the summary of your order prior to your final payment or reservation..;)
    ..i thought there's another option, which is we can pick up our tickets at the venue??..at least that's why i chose..:p

#85 ctjcad, Aug 2, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Maybe adebeng is trying to avoid the traffic jam.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

If that't the reason..

:)..then we'll arrange a way to pick him up and drop him off...Hmm, or any plans to move the gathering/makan2 to Sunday night instead??..hehe, that way we'll make sure abedeng won't miss the Sunday's Finals..:p:D;)

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I'm planning to have the gathering somewhere near the Stadium. Logistically its hard to have a gathering further away. Will see.

9. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    OK, ok, nothing to do with traffic jams (which hardly ever affects me :D), or Malaysian players not making it to final (if they don't, it's because they don't deserve it). And no, nobody would be willing to pick me up, I live 55 kms north of the Stadium. Probably would be the other way round.

When u get old, certain things are not so critical anymore. Plus the current TV coverage is much better than 20 years ago. Plus, there are replays if I need to judge questionable line calls ...... no replay means the call is bad. :p

Of course, things could change, that is if by the semifinal stage, I could regain the euphoria of the Great Thomas Cup Atmosphere of 1988 and 1992 ...... but I doubt that. Besides, it's mostly true, most of the climax happens up to the semis stage, even in the Thomas Cup.

10. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i agree. that is why i decide to go for the semis instead of the finals. i will be going to see it live for the first time but still i think watching the finals on tv will be more clear. i am going for the semis for the atmosphere. :D

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

C'mon abedeng..

..they'll probably have replays on the large screen, which'll probably be in abundance at the stadium, well, hopefully they'll have them..:p
    ..yes, i have a feeling things will change by the end of Saturday night and beginning of Sunday..C'mon abedeng, it's a once in a lifetime chance for a gathering in KL..:p..Don't tell me you'll be hanging out and posting in BC during the Finals, while the rest of your countrymen will be cheering and hooting the M'sian players, should any of them advance?!?!..:confused::p;)
    ..hey,hey,hey, c'mon young lady, don't tell me you are "a senior" as well?!?!..:p:confused:;)..Or you'll be nervous if any M'sians reach the Finals..:p;)

#91 ctjcad, Aug 2, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  12. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Chris,

I need excitement to justify paying "exorbitant" finals ticket prices, not MAS players qualifying for finals. Mebbe if there is a final between two of either LD, LCW and TH, or great MD and XD matchups, I would change my mind. Else it depends on the antics of my old "cheerleader" friend, let's see how he can draw the crowds ...... :D

Take the last great battle I went to in the same Putra Stadium 7 years ago, the Thomas Cup. Our MAS team was in transition (coach and player-wise) and out of depth. But I stuck around for the semifinal, 'cos I was sure Indonesia needed "extra" support to hold on to their title, against the strongest team of the tournament, Denmark.

A heroic (though ultimately, losing) display by Hendrawan was well supported by Tony/Rexy and a very young Taufik, allowing INA to lead 2-1 after 2 matches. But almost despaired when the Sigit/Candra got too confident, squandered 3 matchpoints and lost 16-17 in the rubber of the 4th match.

With the scores tied at 2-2, momentum now was in favour of the Danes. The crowd was dancing to the "choreography" from Taufik and Gade. Rexy's little brother Marleve decided that he too must show champion material and came from behind to beat Kenneth Jonassen in 2 extremely close games (15-14, 15-12, if I am not mistaken). Indonesia fought much harder in this match than 8 years previously when Malaysia won the title.

2 days later, watched 'em on TV, blanking China 3-0 in the final like it was practice.

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well..

..we'll make sure the old "cheeleader" friend does his job well in drawing and pumping up the crowd..:D;)..
    :p..wow, sorry to hear the ending of that Final, i understand..But remember an old saying "That was then, this is now.."..hehe:D;).
    Well, hope the Finals this time around will be more enticing that the Thomas Cup event 7 yrs ago..Besides, perhaps at that time after the Semis had ended, people already knew which team was going to win heading into the Final..:confused::p

#93 ctjcad, Aug 3, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  14. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton

hehehhee :D :D. it got nothing to do with seniority. it has everything to do with financial constraint. ha ha ha ha. i had to choose since i can only afford to see either the semis or the finals. so i choose the semis. plus i get pretty excited just watching it on tv all this time. i can hear the supporters and sometimes i feels like chanting along with them. and i like the close up shots that i would probably not see when i am sitting waaaaay up high in the stadium. kah kah kah :p

15. fukusami16

fukusami16 Regular Member

Hi everybody...Anywhere else selling the WBC tickets ?...Or can i buy at the putra stadium directly ?....

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

You should..

..or one should still be able to purchase tickets at the venue directly..However, keep in mind that the Lower tier seatings, especially those in the middle, could be sold out soon; as the last time i saw the seating availability, most of them are taken:p...You might get some on the sides though...;)
    Go to www.ticketpro.com.my and good luck!!:cool:

17. shyeling

shyeling Regular Member

student
    did anyone know if v need to go to stadium putra to buy the ticket?

18. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Yes, there will be tickets at Stadium, but mainly for the upper level seats. If u want better ones, place an order via website.

19. kgsw1234

kgsw1234 Regular Member

tickets for qtr, semi and finals

hello all, i have the available tickets for
    1 seat available Quarter-finals L7, K, seat x
    9 seats available Semi-finals L7, H, seats x-xx, L7, J, seat x
    1 seat available Finals L8, H, seat xx

I have purchased these tickets from ticket-pro but some of my friends cannot make it. these are good seats and if anyone needs to buy tickets, please let me know. pls send me a PM to me and i will give u a call..if u are in singapore all the better as I am located in singapore

Thanks and regards

20. kgsw1234

kgsw1234 Regular Member

tickets for quarter, semi and finals

hello everyone,

i have tickets available for the games above as some of my friends couldnt make it for the games..

1 ticket available for quarter-finals. L7, K, Seat X
    9 tickets available for semi-finals. L7, H, Seats X-XX, L7, J, Seat X
    1 ticket available for finals. L7, H, Seat XX

If let me know if anyone is interested in purchasing the tickets. Those are good seats..if u are in singapore..i can pass you the tickets directly.

Thanks and regards