Chen’s comeback bad for China, says coach Yongbo

Discussion in 'Asian Continental Championships 2007' started by Dimplex, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    Santoso was lucky to get into Finals :D :D nah, just jokes, he played brilliant to beat both CY and LD, both injured, so yeah, let's hope we see more of him. i remember he lost the final game against Peter Rassumsen in Thomas Cup against Denmark in 2004 in a thrilling 2-3 loss. he played good. just inexperienced.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. CHN government invest millions on hundreds thousands of young players, but the return ratio is just like 0.0001%, which are the well known stars that we read everyday. Just as in Beijing, I believe the nationa teams training center has over 100-200 players (nationa team I, II, III, junior, etc) Do you think everyone of them will be LD or CH one day. Of course not. Only like 5-10% of them will even be heard ever since. However, the government will still invest on EVERYONE of them? Why? Because it's an investment, and you know what you risk is.

2. Like I said, be a part of the team is like signing a contract. To me, it's ridiculous to say CHN team wants CH (when he was a kid, no name) to be the very begining with. Come on, if CH for some reason never got to the training system like 10-20 yrs ago, there will be another CH to replace him. Not another one, might be another 10, 20, 50, if you know the CHN talent pool. CH made to today, and become a star. However, even if he got injuried or never be a star, the government still pay for all the expends, and his salary. So, the government full filled they contract term.

3. Yes, the contract might not be perfect to begin with. However, CH took it, and he should have his honor to back it up. You can say, the government selected him as a kid, but don't tell me, he does not know all the consequences when he's 18 or older. So, what he was doing when he was not a star yet? Ok, let me relax, lay down, and get my guranteed job. Perform or not, I have my $$$. Oh wait, now I am a star, the monthly salary can't make me happy now. And damn, I am no longer the leading horse of the group. Fine, check the rule book, consult with the lawyer. Wahahahahha, no clear written rule, great, "fans, support me, FREEDOM..."

Man, I just feel a bit sick. I respect his game, feel sorry for his situation, but I also feel a bit sick...

#162 LazyBuddy, Apr 22, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    As a player, I don't have an issue with CH. As a person, I voiced my concern already, and I don't want to repeat the same post.

One thing I feel bad about this topic, is, many so call "fair fans" are not really the loyal supporter for CH, but using his case as a weapon to attack LYB and/or CHN team. Why, because they are the losers. It's like, I can't win, so, I hope my opponent will get an car accident. :cool: :eek:

Ppl, think this. The so call "Free nations" have associations (B*M, P*SI) using "delayed applications" to get rid of participants. Sure, their official did not say "xxx is no good for the team", but they did the trick under the table. LYB is the big mouth bastard in the world (according to many "loyal" fans here), he said something worth our 200 pages of debate, but CHN team still did not just "forgot" CH's application, and CH did get his chance to participate. So, go figure. :rolleyes:

4. XiaoQing

XiaoQing Regular Member

Complete abusrd comment on LYB and CH affairs, I suggest you all put this issue aside and concentrate on badminton. Taling about badminton in political terms is no good to badminton itself and no good to its fans.

5. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Your comments are so ridiculous...please be cool...you insulted so called" free nation"...you have no right as noone attack chinese badminton association...you should grow up

6. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I agree...only CH and LYB know...:p

7. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    wow..sorry..I quoted the wrong column...so sorry!!!:p

8. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    are you serious? haven't you read the previous posts? tons of people have made attacks of China? i have to agree with LazyBuddy here, i don't like the way how tons of people say the chinese are this and that. but that's beside the point, Chen Hong ain't a threat, he got his ass kicked by Sony Dwi Kuncoro.

9. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I said" I put wrong column"""...dont worry about it:rolleyes:

10. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Also another case for Zhou Mi....printed on South Morning China Post...similar case also happened to ZM..LYB attacked her integrity, etc...fearing her move to Malaysia...but after her move to HK..LYB softened his attack...so you can read the article..I believe on april 29 or 30 in HKG....so you see...LYB is control freak...despite he is right or wrong...also ZM insisted that she did not need permission from LYB to move to other countries...believe me...this case is similar to some INDO players in the past like Mia Audina...

I guess some fans are fair enough about LYB...he is controversial but he is also the success of Chinese badminton...he has tough leadership..!!

11. Simoneolivelli

Simoneolivelli Regular Member

Sorry, can you explain me these two facts?
    LYB wanted to break Lee Chong Wei's leg?:eek:
    Why?

And what did it happen to Chen Yu's leg? When?:eek:

12. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    apparently, Li Yongbo told Bao Chunlai to break Lee's leg during their 06 World Champ encounter. personally, i think everyone's overreacting about it. whoop di-do, Li said "break his leg". so what? go start World War 3 over it if you really want. if you want aggression, watch the New Zealand All Black' haka. they don't say it directly, but they look like they'll rip off the opponent's head off. so what? the opponents just carry on. it's a way of firing people up. as long as you don't actually break the leg or rip the head off, it's ok.

as for Chen Yu's leg, i'm assuming he's referring to the German Open, when Chen Yu didn't play in the final for injury problem. people say why did he play in All England few days after? a few days does wonders to an injury. he wanted to rest up for the AE, which is by far the most important. to be a good player, you have to learn what to give up and when to play. take Taufik. doesn't play lots, but he gets it right for the big ones. so Chen Yu was probably saving up for a good AE. and remember, you can't tell a muscle injury by looking, it ain't a flesh wound. so don't try and say he didn't have an injury, after all, people can play through pain. it's called perseverance. innocent until proven guilty.

13. Simoneolivelli

Simoneolivelli Regular Member

Thanks very much.
    In my opinion, CY have done a curiouse decision, because... ok AE is most important than GO, but in this tournament he was in final...while in AE he can't know where can arrive.

But maybe the injury during before the final didn't allow him to play, and the same time wasn't so serious to create a lot of problems for AE.
    I hope.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i'm surprised that some people still dont get over LYB instruction to bcl to break lcw's leg. At least where i live, the phrase 'go break a leg' is commonly spoken by coaches to pump up his or her students before or during a match of any sport. I'm sure LYB borrowed that from his western counterpart. It seem LYB is more open minded or more acceptance to western connotation then some younger generation in asia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Break_a_leg

#174 cooler, Aug 4, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2007
  15. JasonMichael

JasonMichael Regular Member

IT consultant
    telling someone to break a leg and instructing some to break Lee Chong Wai's leg is totally different dude.... I'm pretty sure LYB wanted BCL to break LCW's leg if BCL lost that game...haha :mad:

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    so, for a malaysian, u should know inside out of LYB:rolleyes:
    u should be an advisor for BAM or misbun:rolleyes:

17. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    IF in CY's mind AE > German open.. Y he enroll for the GO then?

18. JasonMichael

JasonMichael Regular Member

IT consultant
    I would, like ants, want to be called a global citizen, thank you...
    secondly, I dont know LYB inside out but LCW was the one who told reporters that he heard LYB shouting behind him towards BCL to break LCW's leg, and not to break a leg... just differentiating the two.
    and BAM or Misbun should'nt hire me just based on my quotes on badminton central.. I'm just stating my opinion, like many other badminton central members that are malaysian citizens or non malaysian citizens...

19. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    to get ranking points/prize money. why else? but i think he(or Li Yongbo) understands the difference of points between 1st and 2nd, and the prize money, isn't worth aggravating his injury.