Who will qualify for the SS final?

Discussion in 'Super Series Final 2007' started by 2cents, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    1 million peoples is enough to promote this sports:p

2. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Hei .. The world not only have Chinese ok ! The BWF is doing the right thing to makes the sports popular among all nations/ race .. Which is damn right thing and comply th Olympic Spirits !

3. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    Is it fair? If you are a Chinese player, how's your feeling?

BWF must adopted ATP (tennis). 8 best tennis players in WR can qualify into Masters Cup in Shanghai. There is no regulation about maximum 2 players from the same country.

4. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

I agree with your. Finals is just Finals, not World Championships or Olympics.

well-son likes this.
  5. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    It will be meaningless for SS finals to be held if we see the same bunches of players from the same country who win in majority SS then continue to win in SS finals.

6. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    Russia dominates the WS sector in tennis. There are Sharapova, Myskina, Maria Kirilenko, Elena Dementieva, Svetlana Kuznetsova, and etc. Also, USA has 3 top players (Venus, Serena, Davenport). All of them are top players, that can win 1-2 titles in a single year. So, isn't it boring to see the WS winners always comes from USA and Russia?
    Until now, I never heard any WTA policy likes the BWF.

#26 Torres, Jul 28, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  7. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    wat about Belgium's Kim Clijsters ?? Mary Pierce from France. CHN/ Japan/ Korea/Thai also have some good tennis players... Even players frm Czechs.. South Afica. Chile / Argentina / Spain etc....
    We can simply names more than 10 countries who have top Tennis players wich ever won 1-2 titles in a year..
    In badminton : CHN/MAS/INA/KOR/ENG/THA... how many? Less than 10 or even 6-7 countries !

8. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

Please LOOK this list:

Attached Files:

9. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    i completely agree...there's no way this injustice can be kepted...it's not a matter or always the same champions or whatever, cause any other country can produce a player and fight their way to win...and most players are playing for themselves rather than their country...so how does a 3rd chinese world ranking within 8 have to suffer even though he/she worked hard to get to that level and not be allowed to compete in the finals...that is like saying, you may as well just send primarily 2 players to ever super series, just so it can be fair that no other ones would make it anyways, regardless or rank...so save them the effort and energy...besides.....malaysia has like 6 MD pairs compaired to 1 CHN one lolz...how does those chances look in a regular super series lolz...although, in a finals, they only have 3 in top 8....

well-son likes this.
  10. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    YES.. MAS do have 6 MD pairs .. Its similiar to CHN who dominate the ranking in MS/WS.. However. Did MAS ever cry foul for being limitted entry to Olympics/SS Finals?? Never !
    This create a competitions among their own players.. Whoever Plays well .. Get choosen . That's simple.. Even u were rank top 10 in the world .. Does not meant you are the best from your country.. Simon ever overtake TH positions in the WR.. Will it meants he is the best INA hopes in WR compare to TH?

Players should keeps their form & produce results .. otherwise dont mentioned about fairness about selections !

11. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    IF I was the member of CHN Badminton teams.. I am sure i will plays to my best... IF i was not pick for SS Finals based on the ranking.. Then no choice..
    Players from CHN has no options beside being peak all the time in years..
    Its not the probe of the players.. Its come from Badminton Association of China ! That's the reason why CH leaves CHN team.. He is the 2nd best players after LD.. But was not selected for many major tournaments..(For some unknown reasons:?)
    I will do the same as CH to quit CHN team.. And might as well represent others countries IF given the chance.. Players in CHN was simple unlucky coz they born in the countries which have so many talented Badminton players.. MAke it shorts.. U must be best of the best in CHN to get into SS Finals/ OG ! No questions about that

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Alot of players now aims for the SS FINALS... After WC.. they are gearing up for it.

13. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    yeah...what about men doubles?

14. xXazn_romeoXx

too true, although answer me if you will, how are you going to show your true ability and strength if you are never being given the chance at high level tournaments? you may play well, have all the talent and skill in the world, but if are not selected to WC/OG, no one will ever know how good you are if you were chosen over someone else...for example....zhang jiewen...she's totally gone from the national team pretty much...yet you can't doubt she has tons of skill and talent that could very well dominate in any other part of the world...you do make a good point, but you do have to realise that politics play an enormous part in sports like badminton...;)

15. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    Yes, the real victim is Xia Xuanze (World champion 2003). He can't defends his title coz the limitation entries from one country. Imagine if the victim is Taufik. Would he accepted it?

16. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    MAS never dominates the badminton worlds, and they never won Uber Cup & Sudirman Cup.
    How many titles that Malaysia can get within 1 tournament? And, the most important thing is none of Malaysian player had ever won the Olympics gold. Compare it to China.
    It doesn't matter if Malaysia wants to protest it or not. The object of every BWF policy is clear : China's players:mad:.

#36 Torres, Jul 30, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  17. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    How many MAS players can qualify into OG / WC / SS finals? Again, compare it to China. As a big winners in so many tournaments, surely China is the only one victim of every BWF's regulation.

18. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    OK...Lets have an wild imagination for SS Finals match
    MS Finals : LD vs BCL
    MD Finals: FHF/CY vs GZD/XZB
    WS Finals: ZN vs XXF
    WD Finals : YW/ZTT vs GL/HS
    XD Finals : ZB/GL vs XZB/ZYW

And the bronze medalist are:
    CJ/CY (MS)
    ZL/LL (WS)
    HHB/SY & ZJ/ZB (MD)
    ZYW/WYL & DJ/YY (WD)
    ZJ/ZTT & HHB/YY (XD)
    Who will have the interest to watch this Grand Prix Finals beside CHN Fans?
    I doubt even CHN fans won't like to watch as well..
    The most important thing iF We always See CHN vs CHN in any tournaments final days.. The sponsor will definately pull out one day..
    Then BWF will have to looks for other optional sponsor wich wont invest much money for the badminton events in the future..
    Takes the bigs NIKE/REEBOK for example.. Did they ever sponsor any badminton events? No? Why? Coz its clearly that they wont waste their $$ for a sport wich attract less audiences/ spectators due to a single conrty dominance !
    $$$ does matter abover all the players interests in this world.. Accept it..

19. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Pretty impressive research findings...
    However... I dont see any continents outside ASIA/EUROPE/AUS/AMERICAN
    to win any tournaments title..
    In Tennis .. On top of that , they got Africa/ South American/ Ocennia/ Midditeranean countries... ALL the continents have a tennis champions ..
    So dont ever challenge TEnnis status as no. 1 rackets sports in the world.

20. xXazn_romeoXx

ya it is true, i would've honestly liked xia to be allowed to defend his title...and if not, go out a champ, but he had a lot to offer still after 03...taufik...he still has a lot of badminton in him...but something tells me that he only wants to play and win the big ones...so he'll have to eventually accept not going to much tournaments, and only enough to qualify for WC/OG etc...INA does have a fair bit of talent in MS that are being developed...however for xia, as good as he was and talented...unfortunately, we all must realise that CHN has an abundance of talent EVERYWHERE =="...except for MD...they can afford to let Chen Hong go, and eventually Bao Chun Lai possibly...because they have sooo much talent to name in MS...Chen Jin and Chen Yu are just the beginning of the younger chinese talent taking over..there's Li Tian (who just won world jrs.) wie jie gong(who lost to chen jin in finals, i saw it in van city LOL)...and a whole bunch i don't wanna get into...lol..but because of enormous base of talent...you can understand that the chinese national team can afford to lose 1 or 2 players and still be respectable...but of course, that still doesn't mean it's fair to the players not being selected ;)