1. thiery

thiery Regular Member

this is getting more and more interesting. does that mean there are some other causes for his defeat?

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Thats what I had been told..again..lost is lost in my book...:D

3. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    ANTS...since you are there.....could you find out the real story if any??:D

4. Speed & Power

Speed & Power Regular Member

Taufik clearly is not playing his best badminton in Philippines. He is probably trying to use this loss to confuse his "real" opposition ahead of the World Championships in Kuala Lumpur; he wants them to underestimate him!

5. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I do not think he cares about WC as he mentioned that he got it already...he even thinks not to participate if his baby is due...simply he did not play his best ...

6. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Is anyone dumb enough to underestimate an Olympic and former world champion??? Whom is only 26 years old??????:confused::confused::confused:

Even during Thomas cup 06 when Taufik was said to be suffering from back injury, Lin Dan was playing very cautiously against him in the first game, then once Lin Dan was sure Taufik was not close to 100%, it was doom for Taufik in the second game.

7. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    taufik isnt playing his best i think.. however, so far PO has sprung alot of surprises... :D

8. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

It does not matter whats the actual cause. Perhaps he is just not interested in PO as well as most of the top players here... after all he is not the only 1 get beaten by lower rank player right?

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    if TH isnt interrest in PO, he shouldnt go and waste pbsi money. It would be better to let a younger INA player to get some tournament experience instead. Of course, reasons for TH lost are bountiful as hot air in global warming.

#29 cooler, Jul 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    btw, how come TH went to play PO? I thot this guy only goes to big stars tournaments.

11. angelus

angelus Regular Member

even though he lost in the morning sessions, taufik went back to the arena in the evening to mingle with the fans and to watch the luluk/alvent match. he was very generous in taking pictures with a lot of people. he was even talking to a lot of fans. he was all smiles while interacting with his fans.

12. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    What the hell is this??:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

13. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

That's very nice to hear about TH. I've been dreaming to take a photo with him but no luck so far :crying: As a matter of fact, I think he looks gorgeous and so is LD and BCL. :p

14. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Tien Minh played well. He manage to retrieve every shuttles that Taufik sends over. I do agree with you guys to a certain extend that Taufik was not playing his best. He simply gave up in the 2nd round. I can't post the reasons behind it, i can tell u if u ask me but not on the threads.

15. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    On the contrary, the same story is getting so tire to hear! If Taufik win then he's the most talented else he's not ready to play with all sort of excuses. Please, the talented Taufik is just not consistent enough as compare to World #1 Lin Dan.

16. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Probably dispute over line-calls?

Anyway, Han is right. Everyone has to own up to his/her own results and STOP GIVING excuses, may it be Taufik Hidayat, Lin Dan, Peter Gade, Lee Chong Wei, or other players. If you win then that means you have done well otherwise the other player simply played better. I'm glad people didn't start a thread for Peter Gade when he was destroyed by Taufik Hidayat at last week's tournament, the China Masters.

Nevertheless, I hope Taufik Hidayat, Peter Gade, & Bao Chunlai all recover so that they can perform their best for an exciting the World Championships this year. I would like Peter Gade to win this title and the 2008 Bejing Olympics.

Another player I would like to see doing well in the upcoming tournaments is Chen Hong. This way he can prove to Li Yongbo that it is a mistake to neglect him in big tournaments such as Thomas Cup & Surdiman Cup.

17. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

why?

i'm intrigued... :)

my semis ticket is useless...

18. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Source: badzine.info

Taufik Hidayat bowed out and shocked the crowd as he lost to Nguyen Tien Minh of Vietnam in 2 sets 21-18 / 21-12 in the second round. “I was surprised that I won the match. In a way I felt that Taufik was not playing his best”, said Tien Minh.

I found it hard to control the shuttle, it was too slow. I was frustrated that it went this way. However Tien Minh played well and he deserved to win”, said Taufik Hidayat.

Lee Chong Wei had an easy match by beating Andrew Smith from England 21-12/21-16. "Today the shuttlecock seemed to be faster and I had a better feel of it compared to the first few matches I played where the shuttles seemed to be slower. I was struggling a little and finding problem adjusting to the speed of the shuttle when I was playing against Tommy Sugiarto from Indonesia earlier. I will play my best and hope to win this tournament" said Chong Wei.

Malaysia BOLEH...!!!

19. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Taufik's teacher

I just returned from Tegal where they held a Veteran's championship. Taufik's old teacher and mentor, Iie Sumirat the legend himself, played... ;) He had many deceptive shots and a fabulous net-game... Taufik learned a lot from this guy...

I also had the chance to talk to him. Amazingly humble and a happy happy relaxed guy... :p :D

20. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    No wonder....you are OFF from radar.....:D:D who won the matches? sarwendah? Rosiana tendean??Ratih Komala Dewi?