A Big Slap To Liyongbo

Discussion in 'Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philipp' started by the_way, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Congrats to the pair. It's always more excited to see some new forces standing out of create some excitement. However, do it consistantly is the key to improve and prove.

LYB is the coach getting 4 out of 5 gold. I really don't know how get 80% of the gold is a slap. If that's a slap for LYB, what about other nation's coaches??? Like 200 of them share 1 gold??? :D

I know LYB is not a fan's favorite for many non-CHN fans. However, the logic used here just draw my laugh. :cool:

2. staples

staples Regular Member

Agree. Well perhaps WD was supposed to be a sure win. ? Anyway congrats to Indonesia for winning this event.

It's not like Li declared at the beginning that China will sweep all gold medals. So it's not a big slap to him. :)

3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Actually he said that ( according to this thread with minimum 3 all chinese finals)...anyway...he has a right to be optimism as CHN had won many titles before...who can argue with him...??

4. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    there's only 1 all chinese final , so LY basically failed ? :rolleyes: :D

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    before making fun of other people's so called failure, u should just look at your first LOL

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    The way CO07 unfolded shock a lot of people...we saw the 1st half draw went more or less as expected, tough and full of thrillers, with LCW battling 3-set against TH follwed by 3-set with LD...LD taken to 70-minute, 3-set by BCL (not the usual 2-setter setup stuff we predicted or expected).
    The 2nd half was full of upset and KO with the 3-Chens gone before coffee-break was even over. In a way, that may be considered a setback for CHN, even winning 4 out 5 finals (any other country would be overwhelming success, but with CHN power-pack team, we tend to expect more, like a runaway train). Honestly, do we expect this occurence to recurr, that is CHN down to LD only in SF and others out before the QF, if CHN field the 3 Chens and LD in their lineup in every tourneys...I opine that is not likely to occur, unless the draw is against CHN with their players meeting each other early, like LD-BCL in 2nd round...just a thought. I was observing LD since he came back from his rib injury, he is not doing those dive-for-the-birdie (one of his trademark besides his jumping smash) stuff anymore?

7. taufik-ist

it administrator
    why are u so upset :rolleyes:...

i just looked at my self in front of the mirror, nothing is wrong wih my face :D

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    He was just kidding... Don't take it seriously, cooler... :p

9. taufik-ist

it administrator
    ya.. i was kidding... :D

LYB is the most successful coach and player ever ,
    he's like the kaizer frank backenbauer, successful as player , also successful as a coach.

10. Angelou

Angelou Regular Member

I haven't seen the LCW vs TH match.

However in many of the matches it was emphasized that the draft would affect the match. For example during most of the matches, the person closest to us would typically lose because the draft is going with him. Why ? because anytime he or she would lift, the ball would usually fly out and thus making shots fly out easily. That's why alot of players tried to play alot more aggressively on that side because they could potentially avoid making lifts. On the other side, the draft is going against them which meant that make faster shots and they would still be in. I'm sure there are more things happening when you get a draft, but that was my general obeservation of it. I found that LD took BIG ADVANTAGE of that during his final with WCH. LD made his pushes fast and deep and they'd always be in because of the draft. That's why Wong was struggling so much in the 2nd match. And it was damn obvious in the WS Final, but XXF beat the advantage. And WD it was very evident, that the chinese were struggling with Draft. Vita and Lili were exceptional in their net play and so were able to take advantage of the net and make their opponents lift which usually meant the shuttle went long.
    Long Story short, when your against the draft, you usually had the advantage ... (IMO)

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree with kwun.

It's surely fine to accept some new candidates to raise the champion trophy, but celebrating by trash talking others down... :eek: Well, if someone wants to trash talk, pick a better target with a logical sense.

It's a joke that someone finally wins a title for years, laughing at a well known powerhouse, who's been winning 90% of this title, and still managed to capture 4 other titles in the same event.

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    LYB failed, if he does not capture all the gold, silver, bronze, all semi / quarter final spots, etc. Ok, nice standard. Even if he capture all the gold, the die hard fans, will question about his English, his hair styles, his tones of speaking, whatever kinda food he likes... :D

What about the standard for many others so-call "forces"? National celerbration for 1 title, or just 1 final appearance??? :cool::eek:

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It's too easy to answer the question. Many posters here have loud voice, but lacking 1 thing called "logic". Since their own teams failed to CHN fist for like years, they lost hope on their own players and coaches, but just hope there's a dark curse on their opponents. Since CHN took most of the medals, LYB is easily the target. :cool:

Why don't they call themselves a "big slap" when they do fail, which happens much more than CHN team? Because, such "fans" hide their tails between their legs, and shut the mouth. Of course, they work hard, not to find a way to cheer their own heroes, but to practice on the dark spell for the opponents. :(

Keep this up, and let's see when CHN's dominance will fell into the dark spells... :eek:

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    If it is considered a failure to win 4/5 superseries finals, I think most other coaches would just love to fail :)

Also blaming any loss on the coach is silly.. Ultimately the player has more responsibility for win/loss than the coach :)

The only ones that could be unhappy with LYB mgmt this time I think is the qualifiers, Zhongbo XIE & Zhendong GUO from China who had to WO against Cai/Fu... (but I was not present, so "maybe" there was an "injury" ??

Cheers,
    Twobeer

15. taufik-ist

it administrator
    we are all accidental LYB fans :D :D :p

16. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Disagree with u...Honda Civic is more reliable than Corolla..., aha! Okay Corolla is second!! hahaha!!! LOL!!!:p

17. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

It's okay too to make criticism. There are some who do it in with tact and humour while some come across as hostile & prejudiced. BTW, I think (auntie) GL and (uncle) ZB are young enough to be your niece & nephew. Ha...ha.... But you got to give them credit for their continuous winning streaks since AG 06.

18. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    GL-ZB are awesome! I called them (auntie) and (uncle) because they are relatively older compared to the Lili Natsir, Greysia Polii, etc. who are 21/22... :p Ha ha ha... They are young enough to be my little sister and brother, not niece and nephew laaah... I'm 35. GL is... er... 27?!? something like that... I remember GL already played in the 2000 Olympics. She's been around a looonggg time.... :cool:

19. WzShuttle

WzShuttle New Member

None
    I am new here. I have to say I do agree to some comments you guys made about LYB's manner. I was shocked that he was wearing his cap all the time at the Sudirman Cup ceremony, even when he shaking hands with officials and accepting the trophy. I believe it is the basic politeness to take your cap off at that moment. Anyone watched the ceremony would notice that. :eek:

20. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It is LYB's trademark wearing cap all the time...he has bald hair in the middle...thats why he wears cap...honestly he looks good with cap also....;);)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.