Passionless Lin Dan

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2007' started by jimbo, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Naidikiw

Naidikiw Regular Member

Come on.. Don't you remember the last Olympic Games? The words were the same. Even Lin Dan said that if he was defeated, it would be by another Chinese player, and I think everybody knows what happened: Round of 32, Ronald Susilo, Singapore. Moreover, semfinals with any chinese player and in quarterfinals only Chen Hong.
    Chinese are favorites, but they must prove it in the court at the Olympic Games.

2. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    I think LD will stop playing badminton after Olympic!!Intuition!!Wil him??:rolleyes::confused::confused:He targets to win the gold medal in Olympic for him,his gf n China,so i think he will be back soon!!
    However,i hope he wont!!:eek:

#22 Felicia_txh, Jun 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  3. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

oh yeah, no doubt LD tried harder against LCW than KKK/TBH did against CY/FHF. that match was appalling ...

4. Stealthboy

Stealthboy Regular Member

I.T.
    LYB needs to get himself a life and stop living his vicariously through LD. At the end of the day Badminton is a sport and it is no ones god given right to stand on court and win all their matches. If this was the case what would be the point in watching? Just give the gold medal to LD now. I feel sorry for LD, if he wins the gold they will say it was expected and if he does not they will slaughter him.

5. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Hope LD wont end up like another Chen Hong. :cool:

6. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Olympics08 will be played on their own backyard, and do u think LYB will screw up again? His head will be on the chopping board if LYB doesnt deliver the MS gold medal. Four yrs ago, LD was still inexperienced (compare to now) and could not take the pressure. With all his recent winning streaks, it's hard to imagine anyone to stop him or the CHN team from winning the MS gold medal. Anyway, it's just a prediction... nothing concrete :p

Let's hope a dream final like those grand slam (Roger vs Nadal) :D

7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Actually Chen Hong is happier now..more money and he can accept the appearance fee...

8. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    if there is anyone who can stop them is definitely lee chong wei, taufik hidayat, peter gade... so far, thats the list i can come up with... :D

9. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    yes yes... very very true... :D :D :D :D :D

makin this sport boring..

10. ksooi

ksooi Regular Member

Entreprenuer
    appearance fee? I didnt knw BWF is payin appearance fees now?

11. BMcentral

BMcentral Regular Member

Save face for what? grabbing the Surdiman cup for another time or save face from getting banged up by england before semifinal and never advance ?

#31 BMcentral, Jun 22, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  12. BMcentral

BMcentral Regular Member

LYB is a typical macho man, who never let things stand in his way, this could be good or bad depends on situation. how ever, i think that he is a little bit too harsh.

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Badminton coach threatens to drop 'Super Dan'
    (Reuters)
    Updated: 2007-06-22 13:50

BEIJING - Outspoken China coach Li Yongbo has warned badminton world number one Lin Dan he could be dropped if he was unable to rediscover his fighting spirit, local media reported on Friday.

China's Lin Dan gestures as he speaks to the media during the final of the Sudirman Cup World Team Badminton Championships in Glasgow, Scotland June 17, 2007. [AP]

Lin, who was spared a dead rubber final against Indonesia's Olympic champion Taufik Hidayat after struggling through opening rounds at the recent Sudirman Cup in Glasgow, was "at the crossroads", Li said.

"Lin lacks the passion and the never-say-die attitude on court at the moment. These were his biggest strengths in recent events," the China Daily quoted Li as saying.

"Individually, it is up to him to make adjustments. He has to find the passion, and the strength of personality.

Lin's preliminary round loss to Malaysian former world number one Lee Chong Wei at Glasgow was the first time since the 2003 final that China had not won a Sudirman Cup match 5-0.

It was the only blemish in an otherwise flawless campaign as China won the title for a sixth time.

Li also hit out at the media for dubbing Lin "Super Dan" and putting more pressure on the world champion.

"I don't think there's anything super about him," Li said.

"It's the media which makes him a superman and a different player from the others. I'm afraid the higher you speak of him, the more setbacks he will suffer."
    --------------------------------------------------------
    i now welcome LD bashing from TH and LCW die hard fans:D

Attached Files:

• ld.jpg
      ld.jpg
      File size:
      65 KB
      Views:
  14. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    It is common...usually tournament organizer pays not BWF....some of them are given free accomodation for example...some of them in term of payment...

15. huangkwokhau

sales & design

Hm..boy!! thats harsh...I do not understand as LYB mentioned that in earlier article that LD's loss because the team had won 4-0 already so he did play well but not hard enough....

To think of it....why LD had to fight to win as he needed to save energy for China Super series...what happened if he got injured???
    LYB should let it go and talk heart to heart to LD.....why he is criticizing him so the whole wide world knows about this small matter.....for God's sake...he is not superman afterall.....give him a break!! he will be back!!!

16. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    that is sad, complacence struck him

17. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I think it is all 'gloom and doom' for China. You got to admit, even the most powerful waves in the ocean will eventually fizzle out when they reach shore.

On the opposite end, Malaysians are beginning to ride a wave. Men's Doubles are going great guns and LCW is enjoying his renewed status.

What a turnaround !

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hmm, if u see china winning it by only 3-0 is gloom and doom while MAL didnt make it to the final is renewed status, then u have a special crystal ball. (u should check if your crystal ball is made in china, it could be a fake:p)

19. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    LD became the only one who lost during the sudirman,that is also because LD bears the biggest burden among them all.MS is the only part that has the most competition within.CH's WS,XD,WD,MD r on their peak performance,so there'll be less problem.Besides,LYB's expectation is too much for a human being.Being a perfectionist wont help alot,which someday will be LYB's own boomerang,since it's going to just burry LD deeper.

20. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    LYB blames LD for losing the only point from perfect.But i guess,deep inside,LYB just blames LD,so that LYB wont have to bear the shame for eating up his own word.I bet he also wanna have some revenge after loses he suffered in the past,beaten by MAS,INA or others.

What i really dont like is that as a coach,he often underestimate or criticize other country's player,like they're the only best.A really good coach should be able to respect others.