Seeded players for Thai Open

Discussion in 'Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philipp' started by huangkwokhau, Jun 14, 2007.

1. waja11

waja11 Regular Member

if based on the latest ranking..chong wei feng and darren liew shud be in the main draw right?does anybody know whether which dated ranking will be use for the draws?

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    They are using deadline by May 29...I believe.....the ranking are used for entry and seeding as well....so dont be surprise that the seeding wont be same as current ranking...lets say the ranking based on May 29 and the tournament starts on July 3 so if you look at ranking based on July 3 or a week before...can be different.....in Tennis....they use ranking based on entry list only but for seeding, they will use ranking a week before....

3. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

WMC has withdrawn from Thai Open due to an ankle injury sustained during her match against THA's Salakjit Ponsana. She will undergo rehabilitation, and may missed the CHN Open SS and even WC'07, if her injury doesn't recover in time. This account for why she lost the rubber game to Salakjit during SC. She was in pain then, but she carried on.

jug8man likes this.
  4. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Hopefully Chen Hong wins... my fave player from CHN.

5. fook1125

fook1125 Regular Member

i don't thing mew choo wong will withdrawn from thai open because she has to play 3 tournament(thai open,china ss,phillipine open)to let her ranking to the top 8 to be the wc seed,she want to check her's ankle

6. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Thats very sad indeed.....we knew she got in jury..just did not know that bad....I guess she will miss 3 tournaments.....hope she recovers soon...

7. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

ya very sad for WMC. haih
    really pray that she will recover soon

8. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    huang sui reli back???? :D :D :D :D :D

9. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Yes....so far they are listed for Thai open...

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    This is the most competitive Thailand Open ever... I am surprised soooo many top players are here. Must be because of Olympic qualifications... Everybody wants to gain ranking points....

11. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Phillipine open, I think we will have more stars.....I do not know how many players Jarum will be sending..I hope Andre Kurniawan also participate at China SS...

12. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Great!!i like to watch her match wif Gao Ling!!:)

13. Felicia_txh

Student
    Y TH's name is not in the list?Chong Wei n LD?:confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. Felicia_txh

Student
    Chinese, Danish and Indon top pairs not participating in Thai Badminton Open

PETALING JAYA: The Malaysian doubles pairs will be looking to capitalize on the absence of top pairs from China, Denmark and Indonesia to maintain their impressive showing when they take part in the Thailand Open from July 3-8.
    China's world number one Fu Haifeng-Cai Yun and Indonesia's top pair of Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan have not entered for the Thailand Open, which is not part of the Super Series but under the Gold standard.
    The entire Danish team, including the top doubles pair of Jens Eriksen-Martin Lundgaard Hansen, is giving the event a miss this time.
    The All-England champions Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong will also be skipping the event but Malaysia will still have a strong doubles presence. Five Malaysian national pairs - Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah, Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari, Gan Teik Chai-Lin Woon Fui, Tan Bin Shen-Ong Soon Hock and Chan Chong Ming-Hoon Thien How will be taking part along with six junior pairs coming from the Project 2010-2012 and Bukit Jalil Sports School squads.

15. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader

Those THREE MUSKEETEERS shld be sacked from MAS national team long long time ago.... They never produce any significants results even in Satellite opens or in the local tournaments for past 2-3 years..... Cant understand Y MAS still keeps them & wasting $$$ to send them participating in tournament abroad.. They shld send more Juniors from Backup squad or Project 00/12 Team instead

However; I strongly support the ideal for sending more MD with the absence of KKK/TBH. Hopes any pair from the rest of field can clinch the crown.. And reduce the burden of KKK/TBH being rated as the GOLD medals prospect in WDC07/

16. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yeah dude! I think MAS should send that talented youngster Tan Chun Seang more often. The boy got talent! ;) Even an INA fan like myself can recognize that...

17. waja11

waja11 Regular Member

Really?its funny then because they r using a ranking list that is a month before the actual tournament?i thought it shud 2 weeks before the tournament?

18. sandy_bkk

sandy_bkk Regular Member

Hello friends i have been living in thailand from last 14 years i have been watching Thialand open from last 5 yrs the Enterence is free for all. it will be played Nimibut National Stadium,Rama I Road, Pathumwan. Its next to MBK.every one can reach by Sky train.If i can be of any help to anyone of any kind please feel free to call me at 0066813152926 will be more then happy to help.there is a hotel on sukhumvit raod soi-20 its called Primier inn its cost is abt 900bhat(25$) /night for a double bed, contact no is 006622610401-5. sandy_bkk@yahoo.com
    see u there with all the big stars of badminton.

jug8man likes this.
  19. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

I'm not sure about Yogendren, but for sure Kuan Beng Hong n James Chua are spare players for LCW n other national teammates. I don't think they are wasting $$$:):):)

jug8man likes this.
  20. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Withdrawn:
    James Chua
    Fauzi Adnan
    Gail Emms/Donna Kellog
    Nathan Robertson/Donna Kellog
    Anthony Clark ( so Robert Blair will partner with David Lindley)
    Eva Lee
    Jan Frohlcih

By that time of the Draw...expect some more withdrawals....

Wong Mew Choo and KKK/TBH are not official withdrawn yet but I am sure they will do so..

#40 huangkwokhau, Jun 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2007