LEE Chong Wei ~~~ Malaysian hero!!!!

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2007' started by nwy5633, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielle

danielle Regular Member

Student
    Chong Wei, Congratulations! You are in the top form again. Keep it up and Good Luck! :p

2. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

I was in hurry and missed the last part.
    Did LCW and LD hug or at least shake each other hand at the end of the match?

3. BMcentral

BMcentral Regular Member

This MAS hero have to book his return air ticket. what an irony.

MAS fans should realize the situation is more serious than they think of.

if winning 1 game is considered a accomplishment, then MAS badminton will definitly have a long night against stronger teams.

4. liying_0505

liying_0505 Regular Member

Student
    Welcome back Chong Wei!!!!!!
    Now i cant wait for WC 07

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Why do you think MAS sent only 10 vs CHN's 20?
    Why should the MAS hero stay? He has just won the most important match in the SC. CHN's many pristine records shattered. Mission accomplished.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    [​IMG]

7. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

actually, LD and LCW have always been very sporting towards each other, which is good to see. i believe they have a very healthy respect for the other's skills.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    lol, maybe for the players but not their fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4DgQjSsVSc

#28 cooler, Jun 14, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  9. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    It's normal for players/teams to leave early in any sport if they no longer compete in deeper round mainly for cost/expense reason. I recall in World Championship 2005, Taiwanese player Chen Tsao Jak unexpected advanced to semi in women's single hence had to extend her stay and flight while the rest of her team mates flew home. You would have thought team mates would have stayed along to support and cheer her, nay!
    Even if Chong Wei decide to stay, I think is because Mew Choo want to do some sites seeing :D

10. jesminekia

jesminekia Regular Member

well done cw.....jia you!!!!!u r back

11. BMcentral

BMcentral Regular Member

After spending all those tax money, the only goal of MAS team is to win 1 match against CHN.....:eek: Ouch...That was indeed a great goal for MAS to reach. Should i congrat the MAS team being the first team for the past few years who didn't get blanked by CHN? :D MAS BOLEH, their hero made sure that they didn't lost 5-nil..:D

Records means nothing after the match, but what matters is who will end up holding up the cup high above their heads. No one will remember if the score is 4-1 or 5-0 years from now, the only one who will be remembered is the one who wins it all. (KOR ENG INA or CHN) we'll see in a few days.

with perspective like that, No wonder MAS team always disappoint their fans. god bless MAS badminton. I m just wondering who are those people who voted for MAS to win the cup....:confused: they can BOLEH any way they want and win nothing. of course, that's just a biased opinion.

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    here are summary and exerpts from an interview with LCW after the match.

LCW thinks that his play has gotten more calm and mature than before. he used to lose when the match was even at 16-16 because he failed to stay calm. he acknowledge that Lin Dan is a all around player with good offense and defense, but LCW managed to defend well today and that put extra pressure on LD.

and in the end, LCW said:

"a single match doesn't determine anything, i don't feel particularly proud, just keep on training from now on."

13. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

LCW performs when he is not under pressure, when he already knew his team is losing. But LD would have to reserve energy for later rounds.

Perhaps???

14. xbro88

xbro88 Regular Member

Shld be Cheng Shao Chieh

15. lipans

lipans Regular Member

Sudirman cup is not MAS target. That's why, they send only 10 players only.

16. rwchen

rwchen Regular Member

I like the way he puts his win. He was not carried away and said that he would keep on training.

17. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

Congrats to LCW.
    Now that his confidence is back, the men's single game will be more exciting and interesting to watch. It is boring and eye sore to frequently see Chn vs Chn in major tournaments later stages. And, rankings wise too. Don't know which Chn player to support even though they display great skills against each other.
    With Denmark (PG), Indo (TH) and hoping for SIN (Ronald Susilo) . . . . lets given Chn a run for the money, and the fans viewing pleasure.
    Cheers for men's single badminton.

18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

LCW is now sending shivers to all other players and coaches. Has he finally arrived ? Can he finish off this year with a big win at the WC ?

I think he can and that is no one today (at this time) who can say without doubt that he can beat LCW. And that is comforting to LCW and Malaysians.

What can LYB bring out from his kit bag of tricks -- at best his 'break his leg' tactic perhaps but that is not going to work this time as we will be having the WC in Malaysia. Droves of Malaysian fans will be at the stadium. This WC will have all the Malaysians standing on their toes -- they want a win, they can sense a win by LCW. Our other doubles, at home, will be devastating. I just feel good that everything is looking bright at this point.

19. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

This morning, I read a news article on Singapore newspaper which reported LCW's win with a (possibly) sour grape tone, "Prior to the MS match, China has already sealed the tie with a 4-0 lead. ***Therefore***, LD was beaten by LCW in two games with the identical scores of 17-21." So, did LD just try to preserve his energy for the subsequent SF and F matches?

20. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

No matter a win is a win and LD lost and had to bow his head and LCW had his head up high. That is all that counts.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.