INA Sudirman Team 2007

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2007' started by CLELY, May 10, 2007.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Indonesia's Sudirman Cup squad's pic..

[​IMG]
    thanks to yannie for providing the pic(source?)..:cool:

Back row:
    Greysia Polii, Lita Nurlita, Endang Nur Surgianti, Maria Kristin, Christian Hadinata(coach), Rani Mundiasti, Adriyanti Firdasari, Vita Marissa, Lilyana Natsir

Middle Row:
    Richard Mainaky(coach), Pelatnas Doctor?, Mulyo Handoyo(coach), Team's doctor, Hendrawan, Lutfi Hamid(PBSI official), Ferial Sofyan(PBSI official), Jacob Rusdianto(PBSI official), Sony Dwi Kuncoro, Flandy Limpele, Nova Widianto, Herry Imam Pierngadi(coach), Taufik Hidayat, Aryono Miranat(coach), Sigit Pamungkas(coach), Paulus Firman(coach)

Front Row:
    Lius Pongoh(PBSI official), Alvent Yulianto Chandra, Markis Kido, Rijal?, Hendra Aprida Gunawan, Simon Santoso, Hendra Setiawan, masseur, Candra Wijaya

*missing from the pic is Joko Riyadi, who is supposed to be on the team, but was recuperating at a hospital when this pic was taken. I wonder where is coach Thomas Indracahya??..maybe he's the photographer??:confused:
    **Thanks to Sandy for providing the names of people in the pic.:cool:

#41 ctjcad, Jun 4, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  2. yannie

yannie Regular Member

My friend sent it to me. I think she scanned it from an Indonesian newspaper..

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

??????...

....?!?!?!?!...:confused::rolleyes::confused:...It has been and always will be spelled as 'Candra Wijaya'..:p;)

#43 ctjcad, Jun 4, 2007
  4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks & a typo..

..forgot to assign him as 'coach'..:p
    ..gotcha..;)

5. confucius1

confucius1 Regular Member

Candra is the internationally accepted /used version, but phoenetics wise should be "Chandra" if spoken in the native language. This spelling also used to appear in some of the Malay/Indo broadcasts (haven't watched any recent coverage to confirm that spelling though)

The point? Both versions are acceptable ;), but if you meet the guy, Chandra would be the better bet to get on his good books.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Well..

(i don't want to be too ticky tack on this):p
    ..both versions could be "acceptable", but as far as i(and others) know, his name has always been and will be *spelled* as 'Candra'. And that's how it's supposed to be. Sure, the pronounciation/phoenetics might be either 'Chandra' or 'Candra' but we're not concern abt the pronounciation/phoenetics. The spelling has always been the same..When one sees his name spelled differently on broadcasts etc., and even here in BC, then they probably have it incorrect.:p
    For your reference:p;):
    http://www.internationalbadminton.org/playerinfo.asp?playerid=2078
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/player.aspx?id=8350&player=172
    http://tonygunawan.net/doubles.html

#46 ctjcad, Jun 4, 2007
  7. confucius1

Well...what can i say? Another example of a microsoft spell check permeating into the mainstream.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic..

:)..haha, so blame it on Microsoft spell check..hehe:p:D;)

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i have talked to Tony Gunawan, and i remember even he pronounce it as "Candra".

10. confucius1

I'll try to re-clarify this, if I get a chance to speak with C(h)andra, when I attend the Sudirman next week :eek:. Anyone going to be there?

...and yes...MS spell checker's a great thing to blame!

11. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    You are wrong!...it is Candra....I know also India uses Chandra as well...like singer Sheila Chandra...

12. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Joko Riyadi, according to Suara merdeka is NOT GOING TO GLASGOW as he is still sick....so only 19 players and Luluk is not replacing Joko as well...

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I don't think so....CANDRA is always the name....on the BWF ranking website, broadcasts, etc. Even phoenetically, C(A)NDRA and not C(H)ANDRA. There's no emphasis on the "h" word as far as I know.

14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yeah, also find out this latest info about Joko will miss Sudirman Cup because he is sick with dengue fever from Jakarta Post. What a pity in last minute...

More complete, try this link www.thejakartapost.com/detailsports.asp?fileid=20070605.U01

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    06/06/07 09:43

Indonesian badminton players arrive in Glasgow

Jakarta (ANTARA News) - A 19-member Indonesian badminton team for the Sudirman Cup arrived in Glasgow, Scotland on Tuesday.

"We will start practicing tomorrow morning at 9 - 10 am and at 4 - 5 pm in the afternoon," head of the performance building of the Indonesian Badminthon Association (PBSI) Lius Pongoh said when reached by phone from here early on Wednesday.

Lius added the practicing would be held in the Kelvin Hall, not in the venue of the competition, the Scotchtown International Sports Arena.

He said the Indonesian team, consisting of 11 men and eight women players, would have its first match against the third-ranked group of Korea next Monday and followed by second-seeded Denmark and Hong Kong respectively. Indonesia is in the Group IB.

The two best teams of the group will move on to the semi final to meet with the other teams from Group IA which consists of defending champion China, Malaysia, Britain and Thailand.

Two years ago in Beijing, China, Indonesia was runner up after being defeated by China 0-3 in the final round.

For this year`s target, Chairman of PBSI Sutiyoso said last Saturday the Indonesian team should at least get the same position as in Beijing.

The competition will be held on June 11-17. (*)

Copyright © 2007 ANTARA

16. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Translated roughly:

The best indonesian men shuttler, Taufik Hidayat is quite realistic for the prospect of coming Sudirman cup. He does not want to sound too optimistic for competing for Indonesian team which will be taken place on June 11-17 at Glasgow, Scotland.
    " I am ready to be part of Indonesian Sudirman cup", said Taufik to reporters in Surabaya, last friday.

Taufik's present in Sudirman Cup team is very vital.With his experiences and
    winnings make the former world champion is part of Indonesian's hopeful for contributing victory on Men single." About winning, this is a Team tournament, it is not only from me," said Taufik.

Beside Taufik, Indonesia depends on Men's doubles and Mixed doubles to secure the winning points. Those winning points will be on the burden of Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan and the new pair, Candra Widjaja/Alvent Yulianto." Alvent and Candra will be featured as Men's doubles. We have tried both of them in Simulation in Batam 2 weeks ago", said Jacob Rusdianto, assistant Manager of Indonesian Sudirman Cup Team yesterday.

Having the best 20 Indonesian shutllers, Indonesian Sudirman squad is trying to build up confidence."We will be in Glasgow as an underdog. It is true, by bringing 20 shuttlers is not a small number, but we have to prepare all possibilities that may happen", said Jacob.

He added that he could not bring one of the best Indonesian women's double, Jo Novita." At the moment, Novita is injured. So she could not be part of Indonesian Sudirman squad", mentioned Jacob.

Without Jo Novia, Women's double will be depend on Greysia Polii and Vita Marissa. Both of them had been Malaysia Open finalist.It is true that this pair did not have a good result at Indonesian Open Super Series 2007 recently. But Jacob is still showing optimistic that this pair could do some damages in up coming Sudirman cup tournament.

" In Mixed double, we will have 2 pairs which has been recognized, Flandy/Vita and Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir", said Jacob

#56 huangkwokhau, Jun 6, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Great..^^

..thanks for your help again, huangkwokhau;):cool:..I'm sure LI De Quan(and others) appreciates your effort!!:):cool:

18. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Refer to PBSI Official comment, some local newspaper wrote line up prediction of Indonesia v Korea :

MS : Taufik Hidayat v Park Sung Hwan
    WS : Adrianti Firdasari v Hwang Hye Youn
    MD : Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan v Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Ji Man
    WD : Greysia Polii/Vita Marissa v Lee Kyung Won/ Lee Hyo Jung
    XDE: Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir v Lee Jae Jin/ Lee Hyo Jung

In my opinion MD should be Candra/Alvent, they are more experience in important moment compare Markis still nervous in this condition.

Big wrong, Yacob Rusdianto said that they choose Firdasari because more experience than Maria in team.
    Both players played in UC 2004 & 2006,
    Maria played in SC 2003 twice won against Julia Mann 11-9 11-4 and lost to Zhou Mi 8-11 8-11. (She and Jo Novita/Lita Nurlita saved INA team from bottom position after XD & MD lost to ENG).
    Firda played once in SC 2005 and lost to Joana Persson (SWE) :eek:.
    Another reason in Firda had bad records against KOR player, lost to Seo and Lee Yun Hwa (won in 1st match but lost in 2 matches then). I think KOR knew well how to beat Firda.

#58 Sandy, Jun 10, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  19. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

Hi,

I think this is correct team of indonesia to fight with korea.
    MS : Taufik Hidayat v Park Sung Hwan
    WS : Adrianti Firdasari v Hwang Hye Youn
    MD : Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan v Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Ji Man
    WD : Greysia Polii/Vita Marissa v Lee Kyung Won/ Lee Hyo Jung
    XDE: Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir v Lee Jae Jin/ Lee Hyo Jung

Alvent/Chandra or Hendra Setiawan/Chandra will be play if Indonesia meet China and Malaysia.

If Ina win to both Korea and Denmark, my prediction meet hongkong taufik will not playing.

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Could be a bluff..

..that lineup could change; remember that's a lineup prediction predicted by a bunch of newspaper writers..:p;)