who will be the Sudirman Cup 2007 runner-up?

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2007' started by kwun, May 29, 2007.

?

who will be runner-up in the 2007 Sudirman Cup?

Poll closed Jun 10, 2007.
  1. China

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Denmark

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. England

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hong Kong

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Indonesia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Korea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Malaysia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Thailand

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    China as this year's Sudirman Cup's runner-up... what the hell is wrong with people these days... going insane or something?:p:eek::eek::eek: Unless the entire team China withdraw from the final, or it ain't happening.

With the ladies' events pretty much 90+% in the bag of China... Gao Ling/Zheng Bo for mixed, Lin Dan for MS, Fu/Cai for MD, what's the chance of any country taking all 3 MS, MD, and (especially) XD away from China. :confused:

2. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

China squad probably only had weakness mental in individual Asian and Olympic medals.

For team event, they are unbeatable with this squad. In singles BCL, XXF and ZN never lost since 2004 Thomas and Uber Cup and Sudirman Cup.

LD never lost in any team event matches since 2002 Thomas Cup although his team lost that year.

In WD, the only pair lost is in Uber Cup 2004 when Yang wei/ ZJW play Korea girls.

In XD, Gao Ling had new younger and more fresh partner ZB. ZB also play well in team event in Thomas Cup 2004.

In MD, Cai/Fu only lost once against JE/MLH in Thomas Cup 2004. Since then never lost in any team event including Sudirman Cup.

3. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

The only reason why Chinese squad play so well in team event is only one reason, all of their team mates are very strong. They did not had any weakness in any team events except for second men doubles in thomas Cup.

Thats why when they play in team events, they can play with less pressure and stress than any other team players. Cause they know, if they lost, their team mates can cover for them and win the matches.

And it will be very different for other teams.

Example: Indonesia, Malaysia and Denmark. If these team met China, their MS simply cannot lost.

If Taufik, LCW or Peter Gade lost against LD or BCL, these teams already lost cause China WS and WD will had 2 points already.

So the pressure and stress level for all other teams when they met China specially MS, MD and MX will triple. Meanwhile China players just play as usual. Stress players tend to made lots of unforced errors and in 21 scores, lots of unforced errors mean you will lose quickly.

4. Lawho2030

Lawho2030 Regular Member

self employ
    If you ask me who's the runnerup China is the best. Malaysia isthe best all the youngster have the fighting sprite with them BOLEH

5. shyeling

shyeling Regular Member

student
    Two days before, i heard a news. It is about Li Yongbo's comment on 07 Sudirman Cup..
    He said, M'sia is nothing because we are very weak in the event which involve women player..

Really disappointed to heard this kind of comment because we should all respect our opponent even thier level is lower than us.. More than that is, Li as a chief coach...

I think all will agree that china really too strong for any country to beat, but pls don't said that M'sia is nothing as many people think that M'sia has a good chance to be a runner-up.. M'sia was in group 2 in previous edition of sudirman cup, but M'sia are able to place ourselves in group 1.. So, sure M'sia have some strength to make it into group 1..
    Pls remember that sometimes m'sia also able to do something good..

#45 shyeling, Jun 2, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  6. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    We have a lot to proof

If team Malaysia is as strong as China and have won as many titles as China then I am sure Yap Kim Hock would have said the same thing, sounds sarcastic but it's the confident and expectation that Li Yongbo has on his team! We may dislike coach Li but we can't deny validity of his comments.
    Malaysia has a good draw and hopefully we can retain and stay in Group A, advancing to the SF as the target is achievable but I will have to actually see it to believe, failed too many times before makes me a bit sceptical. We are really not that strong compare to other teams in the same group, except China, and the only slight advantage we have is the MD.
    We will find out in just 2 weeks time and hopefuly our team Malaysia really BOLEH!

7. kyo_cloud

kyo_cloud New Member

student
    Ina just will get runer-up title.........

n last score 3-1 to china

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

China have 2 points in hand before any battle in Sudirman Cup, they would just have to fight in MS or MD, and XD for one point.....their WS and WD is untouchable....so Champion is definately for CHN. As for MAS,.. this is the first year to compete in group 1,....SF is considered good,...provided they perform outstanding....may be they have a chance to be in Final,.....but i still vote for INA for the runner up position as they have TH, Candra,.....and good XD compared to MAS,..as for KOR still dont know about their MD...XD...whether LYD will be playing or not...WS, MS are their weakest link in the team...they may have problems playing with DEN...

9. kyo_cloud

kyo_cloud New Member

student
    I like your opini!!!

10. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Wrong. I believe they lost to Markis/Hendra b4 during AG team event. :cool:

11. ahsen

ahsen Regular Member

Student
    MAS will be runner up... personally i think LCW, TBH/KKK can gv MAS 2 points against any team if they play up to their standard... and the 3rd point will be from WMC.....

HOWEVER, i really hope that MAS can win the CUP..lol...its a dream,,, but achievable dream..i suppose..... our mixed double could gv surprisessss........ furthermore, CHINA's mixed double is not that consistent after all based on the last few SUPER SERIES performances.....lol....

12. Chu Liuxiang

Chu Liuxiang Regular Member

I think LCW stand a 50% chances against Peter Gade and Taufik Hidayat and this is the most optimistic comments that I can give to LCW, and it is partly due to his 2007 Indonesia Open MS Champion. And if MAS against any team including China with Lin Dan as MS, I would only give LCW 49% chance the most against LD. So, I personally don't think that 1 point from LCW against any team is for sure. It is still very much unknown. In fact, if Malaysia against Indonesia, I think WMC chances of getting one WS point for Malaysia is much higher than LCW. Even CEH/WPT stand higher chances against the Denmark or Indonesia WD comparing to LCW.:D

13. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Fu/Cai lost to lars paaske/Jonas Rasmussen not to JE/MLH.They also lost to kido/hendra in AG 2006

14. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Sorry, my mistake.

Cai/Fu lost twice in 17 matches for team event is not bad at all. Cai/Fu play 10 times in Thomas Cup, 4 times in asia Games and 3 times in Sudirman Cup.

So their winning ratio is 88%.

LD and ZN got 100% ratio. Not to mention Gao Ling only lost once in mixed doubles and never lost in WD.

15. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Architect Assistant, Piano Teacher
    Indonesia, Malaysia then Korea, yay !

Hey, i think Indonesia stands quite higher chance also, there are so many good players, veteran and new players coming up, why everyone only focus on Korea & Malaysia. :cool::cool: Mr.Kwun, can i vote twice or not, i will take Indonesia first then only Malaysia, X-Ball dont kick me up :p

16. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Malaysia Boleh, I think ...

I vote for Malaysia for runner-up even though I doubt they can deliver as this is the first time these group of players are put into this situation. I am happy if Malaysia can get into Semi Final, anything beyond is a bonus :cool:

17. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

Lee Yong Dae won't be able for SC.... :S so i think indonesia could end up topping their group... they should face malaysia as the runner-up of their group...

in this point indo and malay has the same... as malaysia has advatage in MD and WS and indo has joker in MS and WD so it could be 3 vs 2 either way

18. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    big presseure on TBH/KKK, if they lose.... malaysia will collapse :)

thailand will give malaysia a hard time... malaysia must work hard... becos if they lose... they won't qualify to semis

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

When has LYB been known to respect anybody?
    But I would be delighted with such comments because LYB has a habit of giving back-handed compliments. In trying to dampen MAS confidence, he's also highlighting MAS strength.Simple Maths suggest MAS can gift CHN the WS and WD and still win by taking the MS, MD and XD. That is possible and that's why LYB is having nightmares.(He also has to worry about INA) That is also why he needs to send the full entourage, twice the size of the MAS contingent.That's a sign of insecurity. LYB will be the laughing stock if CHN cannot win the SC with the full A team!

20. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Not really 100%. LD lost to LHI during AG team event. :cool: