Special glasses for player?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by wakloo69, May 14, 2007.

1. wakloo69

wakloo69 Regular Member

librarian
    I m wear glasses player. I would to ask if any badminton special glasses for badminton that I can find on market today. Like Edgar Davis glasses on football....

2. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

You can try racquet ball or squash glasses.

3. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    Bolle makes frames with an inner attachment frame which you can get prescribed lenses on that. They have clear out lenses.

I am sure a few more companies make it as well, try Rudy project.

But I guess the best is either not to wear glasses, contact lenses may be good as well, but I personally don't like to put things into my eyes.

4. morewood

morewood Regular Member

Before I had laser eye surgery I would wear contacts for playing sport (of any sort).

5. vagpwner

vagpwner Regular Member

Ermm threadstarter instead of splurging a couple of hundred bucks on a rudy project why not use the money for a racquet?

6. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    In my opinion, getting a good pair of spectables (i.e. having good eyesight) is much more important than having a good racket. If you can't see properly, how can you hit the bird well even if you have the top-of-the-range racket!? Of course, if you have money to spend, Rudy project is nice, but there are other cheaper alternatives.

If you are into those kind of wargame/skirmish things, there is a Taiwanese company call Guarder which makes Bolle/Rudy like protective eyewears which has the RX attachment as well. I think they are just a fraction of the price for the branded frames. Try to do a search in google.

7. vagpwner

vagpwner Regular Member

If you're cock-eyed why would you even be playing? Seriously, i doubt that a pair of glasses will make that much of a diff

8. morewood

morewood Regular Member

There speaks a man who has never worn glasses.

9. vagpwner

vagpwner Regular Member

Clever. My eyesight is 6/6. Anyway, i dont think a pair of sunglasses will help much at all unless its like cycling. :D

10. morewood

morewood Regular Member

Nice turn of phrase..... Doubt hes "cock-eyed" probably feels that the glasses restrict some vision, constantly need cleaning and feel like there about to fall off.

Thats why I would suggest as an alternative trying contact lenses the ultra soft daily disposables are the most comfortable, but if your wearing them everyday its cheaper (mid to long term) to get your eyes lasered.

11. vagpwner

vagpwner Regular Member

Hmm i think he's talking about sunglasses not spectacles.

12. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    It think it is a bit rude to call people 'cock-eyed'. To be fair, even a 'cock-eyed' person has the right to play badminton for God's sake!

People are trying to ask where they can get special glasses, not another racket. If you can't help, just don't post here.

vagpwner is absolutely right, contact lenses is still the best option. No doubt about it.

13. morewood

morewood Regular Member

Not my take on it, but if he is wanting to wear sunglasses to play badminton then he dafter than a daft person whos just been committed to an institute for daft people.

Reason being that he will suffer all the problems mentioned in my earlier post whilst making it harder for his eyes to track a fast moving shuttle.

14. vagpwner

vagpwner Regular Member

well rudy project makes sunglasses. i dont think they do specs.

15. vagpwner

vagpwner Regular Member

:D
    Oh and. My dad has this pair of freeon golf i think from rudy project and the orange lens somehow enhances the light or something. makes it clearer. :D so sunglasses arent that bad an idea.

16. jcr2001

jcr2001 Regular Member

Student
    Well I've seen many wear glasses while playing and I myself also wear glasses. I just wear them while playing... :)

I guess I havent had a shuttle coming to my eye yet :p

17. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    I had a 'brush of a feather once' on one of my eyes, can't rememebr which one though. In fact it was quite painful, to be honest, but it definitely did not cause any damage to my eyeball. I have yet to see any eye damaging accidents in badminton matches.

The only major incident that I saw was one Indonesian or Malaysian (mens double) player dropped dead after he blacked-out on the court during a match, and there was with live TV coverage. If someone can remind me of who he was?

18. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    There is quite a selection of specialty eye protectors, and some that you can get prescription lenses for...

Your best bet, is to check out tennis/racquetball/squash retailers.

If you're not much into the goggle's styles, you're in luck, because recent products have improved dramatically in design...

If you're really into higher fashion.

checkout http://www.oakley.com

Prescription eye-wear, that have rubberized wrap around the side of the head grippings.

I have a pair for badminton, and a couple of regular prescription oakley's I wear on different occassions.

19. Loppy

Loppy Regular Member

I wear contact lens most of the time when I play badminton, I find that it makes a big difference because of refraction when I'm wearing glasses and the smaller field of vision. Contact lenses would be more effective than wearing any type of glasses, and besides you do know that Edgar Davids wears his glasses not because of shortsightedness, but because he has an eye condition? All other football players wear contact lenses.

20. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Fixed.

Also speaks from lack of life experience. :D:p:rolleyes: