Beginner Badminton partner or club in osterley?

Discussion in 'UK' started by Lala_K, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Lala_K

Lala_K New Member

Phd student (writing up at home)
    Hello :)

I have recently gotten into badminton, (i am a beginner). I go to the london badminton iniative, on saturdays, they have training for beginners and intermediates, its really good!!!

But i would like to play during the weekdays more locally in the osterley/ hounslow area... preferably during the day, but wont mind playing in the early evening. (i cant play at weekends)

I am seeking a female badminton partner, of the beginner /intermediate level, for singles matches...
    Or i wouldnt mind playing mixed doubles.

I don't want to commute too much, so would prefer playing in the hounslow area..

I have tried joining the west hounslow club, but they require club standard players.

So thought I would try to find newbies in my local area to play with :)

The badminton courts so far i have found are:

Boston Manor : Elthorne Sports Centre (Hanwell)
    £8.50 per hour.

Cranford Community sports complex.

Heston Community sports club (still have to find out if they actually have badminton courts).

And The Hounslow Dome (Hounslow Badminton centre.

Additionally, I have found out that Brentford Fountain Leisure Centre
    have a Women's only Sessions for badminton, for 2 hours. for about £5.
    10am - 12noon on THURSDAYS

Please contact me, if you are interested, or know of any badminton clubs in the hounslow/osterley/isleworth area, that cater for beginners.

Or do you know any badminton courts, within walking distance from osterley station?

Thanks! I will really appreciate your help and input!!

:)

Lala.

2. Lala_K

Lala_K New Member

hurrah! spending 2 days researching badminton courts around my area, has paid off.

found out, that heston community sports club, have badminton courts, and bonus, only 10mins walk from my house [​IMG]

and convinced my friend to come to my end to play with me, maybe even twice a week [​IMG]

so im really happy about that.

but if anyone is ever interested in getting together for a mixed doubles game, or any females out there wanting to play a singles game with me, let me know. but the courts are only available at either 6 or 7pm... and i am only availble @ weekdays...

3. sleepysamurai

sleepysamurai Regular Member

Retail sales advisor
    Hi well I live in hounslow and I do play at the dome on friday nights im still kind of a newbie but the dome has some of the older generation that play there who are quite good given their age.

There is also Whitton school where there are 2 hour sessions for the newbies on thursdays from 6-8pm then from 8-10.30/11 pm its for the intermediate/advanced players.

Wednesdays there is Brentford sports centre which has a badminton session from 8-10.30pm I think. I can't remember for the life of me but its pretty expensive.

Should come to the dome or whitton I suppose because its where you can gain the most amount of practice and eventually get better.

4. Lala_K

Lala_K New Member

Thanks Sleepysamurai! Really really appreciate the message and all the information you have given me!! :) Very kind of you

yeh i have heard of brentford, its not far from me actually, so its ideal for me :) ...so yeh i will definately head down there one day, :)

i was planning on going down there on a weds, when i dont already have a game organised with my friend..we usually play on weds...
    its not expensive actually, i called the other day, its like £5 for the two hours, and there's coaching too.

not heard about the whitton school , think that might be abit far for me..

but thanks alot for all the information!! :)

i go to the london badminton iniative every saturday. its really good :)

its aimed at newbies..coaching for 1 hour and half and then friendly games afterwards :)

5. vienly

vienly Regular Member

Networking
    Hi sleepysamurai I live in the southeast of london and would like to try the dome once, I heard someone say that the dome was really dark there and it is hard to play. Is it true that you have to bring your own flash lights?

6. Shanthi

Shanthi New Member

Hi... im interested to play badminton.
    Beginner level
    Live in hounslow.
    Please let me know if any sessions or groups available
    Thank you

7. john_fei

john_fei Regular Member

what is whitton school badminton session called? what is the name of the club? thanks.

8. sijin

sijin New Member

Student and Badminton Player
    Hello to all, i have seen that some of you are considering going to the hownslow dome, i thought i shoudl quickly let you know, its a cheap but very good place to play badminton, i attend a club on saturdays for people under age 20 there and beleive it or not, the uk number 1 badminton player, Rajiv Ouseph, used to train there. so this proves that there is alot of worth training at this club. this is not an advertisement for the hownslow dome but i am just a very satisfied and content badminton player with the club. i know im about 14 years late to this thread but if im honest, this thread started before i could even walk