Chen’s comeback bad for China, says coach Yongbo

Discussion in 'Asian Continental Championships 2007' started by Dimplex, Apr 13, 2007.

1. kktan

kktan Regular Member

badminton also got match fixing??

2. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

YAH...... how could you play better with the same mistake you made .....?
    and every body has their style of playing...

3. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

Personally I believe Chen Hong has the right to play as an individual 'enterprise', but maybe thats because I come from a democratic country...not a communist one like China where it isnt exactly good to place yourself before the common goals of the team. As a badminton fan I really couldn't care less about the politics involved with national sports bodies, as long as skilled players such as Chen continue playing im happy:p

yes, chen hong definitely has the right to play individually. But from his interview shown on TV, he is a province player in China now(not national player)and will represent China to play tournament. he claimed that he will never play for Taiwan and only play for China, although he retired from national team and join the province team now. he said "his previous retirement was due to his marriage, he is a husband and is responsible for the family.but he like badminton so much. he will train in the province team and will be financed by a chinese company (Victory ltd)". And LYB is happy due to CH's coming back. and LYB promised "everyone has the chance to play in Olympic Game if they get enough points, particularly a good player like CH". and CH also said to media, "he will not make LYB disapointed."

i don't know why people always make up negative news about china and keep blaming LYB(i can't deny that some may be true).Actually LYB welcome CH's back to province team and said "this is a good example(CH financed by a company) for other chinese young players who are gifted but currently not a national player to play in tournament".

additionally, i read someone said "less fixing match" in this post. Do you have the evidence? if yes, show us. if no, please stop to say so and respect LYB.
    In AE open 05, I remembered someone posted that the MS final was fixed due to the fact that LD lost to CH. then people started to blame LYB. they said LD lost to CH because LD was ranked world no1, so he gave some points to CH. In AE open 07 MS final, LD easily won the title, ironically, someone thought match was fixed again, because CY was not happy on his face.
    i wonder why not LYB let CY win if the match were fixed.

pls respect LYB!!!

4. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    overall, its good for the badminton community as a whole - Chen Hong is a very good player, and since he is playing as an individual, we can see his true potential, and less match fixing from yongbo.

and li yongbo should get a life. go cry some other place - do you make the decisions for the players? this control freak wants everything to do with china badminton to stay under his watchful nose - very soon i'm sure he will cry until up up there among the authorities and get chen hong banned. I think chen hong should fast fast leave china and come somewhere else - where he can escape from the crybaby snob li yongbo.

5. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    i will respect a person where respect is due - not someone that wants to break a players (lcw) leg just becauase his disciple is against him.

i dont think that control freak 'welcomed ' CH's return. i though in the STAR newpaper he said it was not good for china?

if you want better badminton, you should hope that CH dosent join the national team - or he will suddenly 'break' his leg again and recover a day later like chen yu

6. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

i will respect a person where respect is due - not someone that wants to break a players (lcw) leg just becauase his disciple is against him.

i dont think that control freak 'welcomed ' CH's return. i though in the STAR newpaper he said it was not good for china?

if you want better badminton, you should hope that CH dosent join the national team - or he will suddenly 'break' his leg again and recover a day later like chen yu

Did you read the news that Germany national coach apologized to LYB?
    CY did not come to ABC, because his injury get worse during the AE.

do you have the evidence LYB said that?
    you blame LYB because of his misstatement or he has so many talent players, like LD?

7. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

LYB welcome CH's return, because CH is still more reliable than BCL. LYB is employed by CHN and LYB's job is to make sure CHN get MS title in OG, regardless of CH,LD,CJ or BCL.
    LYB's current goal is at least 3 CHN MS players ranked in top5. then more CHN MS players can take part in OG. that's why LYB hope CH to come back to represent CHN.

8. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

LYB welcome CH's return, because CH is still more reliable than BCL. LYB is employed by CHN and LYB's job is to make sure CHN get MS title in OG, regardless of CH,LD,CJ or BCL.
    LYB's current goal is at least 3 CHN MS players ranked in top5. then more CHN MS players can take part in OG. that's why LYB hope CH to come back to represent CHN.

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It seems it is contradiction what Star reported and Dannyang reported...whatever it is that CH has a right to play and it is good to have professional; badminton player..

Long timae ago..I do not like LYB as in many cases..it had ordered some players to surrender to other teammates..i forgot what year it was..but it was reported widely..I guess LYB has the right as they need to rank certain players for thomas cup or Sudirman cup...
    I support all Badminton players can play professionally like tennis players....
    Tough for being abadminton players...as tournaments do not have enough money to support "independent players" like CH or Chandra...
    I hope TH will go for being a professional player...dont have to depend on PBSI..

Cant wait to see TH vs CH

10. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

it was great to see CH again, albeit a 'slimmer' version of him. looking forward to the finals tomorrow!! GO TH; GO CH!!!!

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Did you happen to watch the 2007 All England Mixed Final? In that game, the England coach can be heard quite clearly to say to his player, "C'mon, break him". That was referring to breaking "Zheng Bo".;) China is not the only one to use such terminology.

12. FU4EVA

FU4EVA New Member

student
    "C'mon, break him" I think the term is just to enhance the fighting spirit to their players and doesn't mean to the opponent.

13. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    No it pretty much means to Physically break him. I ond't know the ins and outs of the supposed LYB incidents, but I imagine he meant a similar thing.

14. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I think that's totally different, since this "break" is kind of figurative, unless the English coach said "break his legs". But "da3duan4ta1de tui3" can only mean physically break his legs in Chinese.

15. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

You are from England, I believe you. But still hard to understand. Can you explain what does "physically break him" mean? I still think LYB's words are worse since "da3duan4ta1de4tui3" basically can mean only one thing.

16. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Basically it would mean to tire someone out so he could not move as quickly and play the shots he would normally, and also to break him mentally so he feels he cannot win.

In LYB defence, although the words may mean Literally Break his legs, He probably meant in the same way tire LCW legs out so he cannot move so quick.

Taken literally the English would also mean to break, as in damage someone.

17. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Li Yongbo is not stupid enough to mean actually walking up to LCw and physically smash and break his legs... seriously people get so worked up over nothing.
    It is completely obvious it means to work him around until he begins to fatigue badly,

18. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I agree 100% for Both LYB and the English coach

19. cindie

cindie Regular Member

I find this statement absurd and funny. Showing no respects to spectators just because it's an all-china players final?? Don't you think it's an all-china players final because they deserve that? I believe China is so powerful today because they have put in all the efforts and hardworks..I think we should learn from them (if we don't want anymore all-china players final in future), rather than despise them.

Correct me if I have misunderstood your statement.

20. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    that's where you're wrong. LYB doesnt think of himself first, he always thinks of his TEAM first. LYB doesnt have any personal gains and because of this, i dont see how this can damage his reputation/dignity. it *seems* he has a 'i dont care what you think of me* kind of attitude. whether or not this is a bad thing, it can be debated (and has been).

i feel that there are many ignorant LYB bashers on this site because he is always a team first kind of guy. always doing whatever he can so his players can win. although his methods are always questioned by critics, his results are solid tournament after tournament. if he was coaching your countries national team, there would be a lot more happy fans on this site.

thats my 0.02