India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Silver medal for shankar. The chinese Taipei player is attacked everything.
    One important lesson for him is that you cant win a match just by defending. You have to attack as well. In the 2nd game, he saved 6 match points but you cant simply lift and wait to defend the smash. It won't work.

#4941 Baddyforall, Oct 30, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  2. mohans

mohans Regular Member

I read that article. I don’t know why these things happen mostly in Indian badminton. I feel the training/tournament participant structure needs to be laid out by BAI. They need to bring junior players as well into the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. mohans

mohans Regular Member

True. For the entire match, it was so apparent that he didn’t have skills to land the shuttle on the floor. Silver medal should boost his confidence enormously. I hope he grows into an much improved player from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baddyforall likes this.
  4. Baddyforall

Yeah. I already told you about that. He doesn't know how to finish a rally, because he doesn't know to attack . It seems like he was trained completely as defense machine. Weird . Yesterday, the opponent had complete control over shankar as he is attacking shankar with correct strategy. Shankar could not do anything. But still he kept lifting the shuttle and waiting for the attack. It dont work at all. If he want to flourish, he need to learn how to play offensive as well.

5. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

b
    he registered for the qualification round of AUS open, lets see how he does.

6. Baddyforall

He registered in super300 it seems. I dont expect anything from him now. Even our senior players are not doing well nowadays, how could we expect a junior player to play well in the senior circuit. He need atleast 2 years to see where he stand. He is the only quality south paw in Indian circuit now. So, hope he prove me right. All the best to him

7. Baddyforall

Today , I got some time and switched on Bahrain international live streaming when Aryamaan tandon playing kai Shaffer of Germany. Aryamann was leading 18-7 in 3rd game, when he tried to play a shot, his left hand shoulder joint dislocated ?. It seems like it. It was unbearable to watch. He could not bend his arm at all. Even after medics tried to normalise the shoulder, they could not, suddenly the live streamer stopped the streaming, Dont know what happened after that. I pray god for his speedy recovery. I could not watch these things. German got lucky. He was completely outplayed by Tandon in 3rd game. Once he got injured and medics attending him, German was so anxious and kept asking the umpire why Tandon is delaying . Wow.

#4947 Baddyforall, Nov 26, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
  8. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Sounds terrible, do you have any link to watch the replay?

9. Baddyforall

@5:16:02 timeframe.

Sundis likes this.
  10. 80plus

80plus Regular Member

Watched live.. Freak Injury.. After seeing replay, his left hand looked differently just before for service return itself. btw, looks like he is getting support from Virat Kohli Foundation.. Wish him speedy recovery..

11. Baddyforall

Just read that BWF doctor could not treat him during that shoulder dislocation injury. It was a spectator who was a doctor who helped his shoulder to keep it in place again. How wonderful. Hope he recover soon.

12. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

13. Baddyforall

There are news circulating regarding this by news papers against Sen family. We may have to wait for investigation outcome to come out and we will get the truth. I have a video of him giving interview to some news channel when he was studying 8th standard. Usually, 8th standard boy will be 13 years old or 12 or in rare cases 14 years old. But he looked younger than 13 years .

As per FIR he should be 17 years at that time when he was studying 8th standard, Does he look like 17 years old?

14. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Firstly an FIR against players and coach shows malicious intent by the person who initiated the complaint. Lakshya Sen was not born in Bangalore where Vimal Kumar is based. He was admitted to the academy much later so Vimal Kumar had no role in the registration of birth certificate of Lakshya or any other player.. Only the parents of any player are involved in birth registrations.

The timing of this complaint is also suspect just before an Olympic qualifying cycle and after so many years. Medically it's difficult to prove true or false after an individual becomes an adult. Irrespective of the final outcome of the investigation he will be scarred for life.

tbgoh288 likes this.
  15. 80plus

80plus Regular Member

Sameer Verma[PGBA], Sen are training with AA at Dubai... Also former player/coach Anub Sridhar is present.. Whether AA has arranged tie-up with Indian players/academies?.

16. Baddyforall

AA in his podcast said it. But he said Sen is accompanied with his physio/mental trainer not coach. Might be sameer is his sparring partner.

17. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Just checked the draw of India Open 2023. Will try to book tickets for both PQF and QF. There’s a good chance of Viktor vs Lakshya in QF. All top players are playing. That’s really good considering we have had sub par lineups for many years. Ashwini and Sikki retired ? Their name was not there.

18. Baddyforall

Aswini/Sikki both have announced that they call it quit for time being and wanted to concentrate on XD with their respective partners. Sikki with Rohan Kapoor and Aswini with Sai Prateek (?).
    I think Aswini is in midst of retirement. She won't have future with anybody at present. But Sikki is currently in 66 in BWF ranking list. She may try for a while. There is a chance of only one XD from India to have any possibility of qualifying for Olympics 2024. That is Ishaan / Tanisha. Because they are currently 18th in BWF ranking list.

19. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Checked the draw again, Lakshya vs Prannoy in first round. Seems like I’ll have to book for 3 continuous days :confused:

Sumanth99 likes this.
  20. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

europeans in general have a rude behaviour in these situations