Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

So all the main Chinese MS are gonna be in MAS open? Lgz, Zjp, SYQ, Weng HY and lsf?

2. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Shi Yuqi is in a danger zone. He will loose about 14000 ranking points in upcoming weeks.

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Shi YQ, it will depend on his result in the ongoing AUS Open.

BWF will remove OG point in next two weeks (29 November) then team event on 13 December, his position will be #40s in January 2023.

4. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Mediocre performances by liang/wang in last four tournaments after the Japan open win.

5. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

I feel like they play amazingly for a run of points and then have lapses in concentration and lose a few points quickly. I watched them live at French Open and Sean Vendy really got into Liang’s head with his bad antics and he had a horrific performance from that point on

6. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    LU Guangzu seems to have improved his defence and also his smashing. Great oerformance against Lee Zi Jia. He has an easier match into the finals.His cross court net play was what struck me when he first appeared. He seems to have developed it into quite an effective weapon. Congratulations and I hope his improvements will continue.

Shi Yu Qi had a tough 3 setter against Kodai Naroaka in their last meeting but that was when he was just getting back to form. But KN is playing very well. Interesting encounter but I feel that SYQ will overcome KN,

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Where is the China team’s training base now?

8. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Feeling sad He Jiting, he is doing all the hard at the net and smashing but his partner Zhou Haodong makes silly mistakes and even can't kill the shuttle at the front court.

9. Bryan Wong

Bryan Wong Regular Member

Heard Gronya say it was in Thailand; can anyone confirm?

10. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

The base was in Chiang Mai, Thailand, in order to avoid the pandemic quarantine requirements in China. Now the competition season is about done, it may be time to pack up and go home for the new year.

tbgoh288 and Justin L like this.
  11. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Feeling bad for Liu Yuchen and He Jinting not having good partners but Ou Xuanyi is far more better when compaired to Zhou Haodong. Even Han Chengkai was so annoyed when he was playing Zhou Haodong.

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Shi YQ scoops two titles from 6 tournaments he participated in 2022 calendar, absolutely he's still the one who's expected to flying high next year amid CHN MS squad dreary result.

upload_2022-11-20_18-10-56.png

13. antssantss

Retired
    Lu Guangzu has improved. He doesn't make so many unforced errors and his attack is very good. His footwork is also better and he doesn't rush his shots. He is patient and waits for an attack whenever possible. I often felt that the juniors can beat him but now I don't think so. His defence is so good that even LZJ couldn't overpower him. Credit to his coaches. Its not easy to change a players game strategy especially when he is past his junior learning stage but the CBA has done it. ZJP is a good example

skhai91 and Justin L like this.
  14. Justafan90

If SYQ keeps doing well, i think he will be able to move back up soon. Him not ranking in top 10 or top 5 is kinda ridiculous when he can basically beat everyone in the top 5 but victor (don’t know yet)

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yeah, Lu Guangzu surprised me at the Aussie Open. He seemed to have stepped up his game, timing his attack well with good follow up, generally able to string his shots together better with fewer loose shots and mistakes. Indeed, not only Sun Jun (who is more focused on Shi Yuqi), I believe Qiao Bin too who is training the CHN MS full-time is doing a very good job, for Zhao Junpeng, Li Shifeng, Wen Hongyang, etc.

Btw, I won't be surprised Li Mao is working behind the scenes, though little is heard of him for quite some time. I believe, it's a matter of time not only SYQ and LGZ but also, my pick, Li Shifeng, esp, et al are poised for a major breakout.

16. Justafan90

So Qiao Bin mostly training everyone with help from Sun Jun at times? But SYQ is under Sun Jun full time?

17. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Paris Olympic qualification battle will be among mostly Shi Yuqi,Li Shifeng and Weng Honyang. Two of these three will be getting chance to participate in Paris Olympics.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, that's more or less my understanding based on what I've gathered online.

Cheung likes this.
  19. antssantss

Retired
    U12 /U14 Competition shown in YouTube. The players also have coaches. Good participation.

20. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

two womens doubles pairs split again at the Malaysia open next year