India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Chances of Unnati to reach semis are more than Shankar. Shankar will face a chinese in quarters.
    I saw his match today. He is a defense player. I dont know when did he became defensive. He is the only one for me is most defensive in our indian contingent. When I watch him play, it's a test for my patience.

#4921 Baddyforall, Oct 26, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
  2. Baddyforall

Unnati lost. Only Shankar is in the Quarters.
    He is slated to meet Chinese player . Let's see how he perform today

3. Baddyforall

Watching Shankar's match against Chinese. He took the game 1. But he seems injured in the ankle it seems. He asked for a doctor when scoreline showed 8-1 to chinese in the game 2. I dont think he will be able to beat chinese with this injury. Anyway, he is a good find.

4. Baddyforall

He did it. Unbelievable. Longest match of that day. More than 90 mins. Both of them were exhausted. His defensive technique is unbelievable. But he need to learn offensive play as well. He reached semifinals. Does it mean he got medal ?.
    21-18,8-21 ,21-16
    Exactly 91 mins of play

5. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Yes. Medal ensured.

6. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

paroxysmal likes this.
  7. Baddyforall

But now the result shows chinese won. I don't know what happened. Even deleted the scores.
    Something is wrong in result table it seems. Anybody can confirm?. Because I watched the full match. Shankar won it. Now it shows chinese won it and there is no scores updated. Simply it shows chinese proceeding to next round. Politics!?
    Note:
    After sometime, they corrected it.

#4927 Baddyforall, Oct 28, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
  8. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    It is great to have all these local academies in Chennai, Hyd, Blr.
    But we need to have a central facility where LS, KS, HSP, these junior players can play together. Otherwise there will be spurts of success here and there but won't be consistent.

Baddie lover likes this.
  9. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

True. But in India, there’s a considerable gap between planning and implementation. And we have not been able to even propose this plan sadly

10. Baddyforall

Yes. 9th Indian to win a medal at junior level but in MS , nobody won gold.

11. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Glad that he was able to reach Semis. I hope he pushes further to go to the finals. But met my expectations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baddyforall likes this.
  12. Baddyforall

Tournament favourite Alex Lanier lost today against Taipei player. Tomorrow, he is facing a korean player. Korean players are very good in fast drives and defense. Hope he play well tomorrow.

13. Baddyforall

Second match of this video is shankar subramanian's match.

14. Baddyforall

It's in Tamil language. This video was taken 3 years ago at fireball academy. I just want to translate some important questions and answers.

With coach:

Interviewer:.
    What do you think about shankar ?.

He is techical player. One thing he stands out from other players is his dedication and during practice he thinks too much and plays those shots but during tournaments he plays without thinking. He is the first one from Tamilnadu state to win a national juniors.

Interviewer: what do you think about his humble background and how sponsors are helping him?

Coach: For shankar, he needs 15 to 20 lakhs per annum. Go sports foundation helps some and some private sponsors are there. His parents help some ( Dad sold all his property) . He needs proper coaching, for that we are using tournament feather shuttlecock. We should not compromise in that. Each shuttlecock costs Rs.100. Every 15 mins, we need to change another one. Daily we need atleast 10 shuttlecocks for him . For that, he need to spend Rs. 30000 for shuttle cocks per month. And also, we are sending him to *** fitness centre to maintain his fitness. *** is training him as fitness coach. He is our Indian cricket team"s fitness coach. So, we should not compromise in that. He is getting some amount from private sponsors. Sponsors are RUTHLESS. They are business people. If they are sponsoring a junior player, they expect crowd to come and watch him when he play a tournsment. If not, they wont sponsor.
    If you ask about Shankar, our academy wont even celebrate his wins. Just as usual shankar will come next day and train as if nothing happened. We hardly even capture a group photo . His speciality is whenever a player lose to a certain player, he/ she will hesitate to play the same player again. But Shankar would be so eager to meet the same player again. That's his speciality.

With Shankar Muthiswamy;

Interviewer:
    How do you manage studies as well as coaching?.

I never go to school. Our school correspondent/principal gave me permission to write exams directly. Before we have to practice 2 times a day. Nowadays, competition is high. So, atleast 3 times practice is a must. If you go to school daily, it wont be possible. It's costly to manage. Our parents spend lots of money . Atleast 30k per month is needed to sustain.

Interviewer: why not you go and train in Bsngalore or Hyderabad where all the top players are playing?

Shankar : it's not about going there and train. Its about how good the training is for you. Here I get personalised training especially for me. That wont be available there.

#4934 Baddyforall, Oct 28, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
    Cheung likes this.
  15. Baddyforall

Shankar Muthusamy defeated attacking player from Thailand in straight games and entered the finals of World Junior Badminton championships. Even Thai player asked for the doctor after a long tiring rally.
    21-13, 21-16 is the scoreline in 40 mins of play. This Thai is very talented. I noticed Rstchanok's ex- boyfriend in the coaching bench. Nice to see him back. Future isgoodforthis Thai player. He has beaten 3 Indonesians, 1 korean and 1 chinese player to reach semifinals. Beating him in straight games is remarkable.

16. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    The Thai guy had a very hard draw and also played hard in the team event last week, he beat Korean Kim Byung Jae in a marathon match in the team event.

17. Baddyforall

@mohans , I found the reason for BAI not allowing Shankar in the Team events.
    First of all, Shankar's father is in financial crunch. As Shsnkar was selected for WJC , he was called to participate in the training camp in Hyderabad. But since he has already registered for Infosys international challenge tournament in Banglore and also the withdrawing deadline has crossed, in order to avoid paying fine, he went from Hyderabad to Bangalore to participate in the tournament. Since he was not called from BAI before leaving to spain, he gave walkover to Meiraba whom he has to meet in the next round and reached Airport, where he was told by BAI that he was removed from the list for indiscipline (what!?). He was forced to write an apology letter and later hewas admitted to play for India. He was not allowed to play in Team events as punishment to him. Even he was not sure whether they will allow him to play in the individual event. See, he is the only one in the entire squad is getting a medal.
    What do you think about this incident?

#4937 Baddyforall, Oct 30, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  18. Baddyforall

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    With a story like that, I really hope he wins the final.

Baddyforall likes this.
  20. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

when i saw the signs early and said what kind of a filthy **** organization BAI is, you clowns jumped at me without seeing the actual picture.now the result is in front of you . lmfao

Baddyforall likes this.