2022 VICTOR Denmark Open

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by BadSmashPdx, Oct 14, 2022.

1. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Hope he gets back soon into the big boys club which sadly has just only one member now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Vestige117

Vestige117 Regular Member

Usually people who post "lol who did this??" did it themselves.

3. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    I know.
    Just for fun.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Thanks!!

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

A big win for China in Odense to scoop four of five titles at stake, stunning victory is scored by the comeback Shi YQ who outlast more fancied Lee ZJ in tiring three games. Shi had good start to control the drift well, took initiave to be more aggressive, better defense and less error, he also could balance Lee delicate net play. The Chinese on his element in final game, amplified his various offensive shot to pressure and bombard Lee most times when both players started to show fatigueness. The Malaysian didn't have syllabus to read Shi style of play including his opponent weakness like he did to scrutinize Axelsen every single shot. A silver lining for Shi after exprienced tough period of his career that began with severe injury in mid 2019 until domestic ban last year.

upload_2022-10-24_9-14-12.png

upload_2022-10-24_9-15-0.png
    He BJ once again topples the Olympic Champion in final for the third time, her successful to take over the lead from trailing behind 11-17 of opening game had boosted more confidence, a contrast fashion for Chen who lost focus and momentum despite she grabbed second game comfortably, the lefthander seemingly reserved the energy and her best to apply high intensity attacking game in decider that left no room for her teammates to bounce back rather than keep penetrated, committed many elementary mistakes and her defense wasn't quite solid enough to stem He ferocious smash.

In men's doubles, interesting turnaround to witness the composed and calm Alfian/Ardianto twisted the plot to deny the Minions top prize even though the latter had healthy lead 17-11 (opening game) then 12-6 (second game), nice to see the younger combination tames their inferiority to prevail this time and clinch 4th title in this season.

Glad to see post match short interview appears in this tournament, big applause for Zheng SW and Shi YQ who tried to answer the question in ENG.

6. terrynguyen121988

7. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    The Malaysian player just couldnt face the ever energetic and rejuvinated Shi at his best..He lost to a WTF Champion+WC Medalist so its not a surprise for a Legend in the making to beat an upcoming player.

Shi didnt just win by experience he won because he applied his techniques and skills to the best and the BEST PLAYER WINS.

Honestly Id have loved to see Shi face someone of his standard like VA but as they say you can only beat who is there.

galaxyduo likes this.
  8. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

I know I am late to the party, but I just wanna chime in on the VA vs Loh match. I think the match was much different than their WC match where VA was out of gas after a tournament marathon.

This time, Loh beat VA somewhat easily because he took away one of VA's most important shots: His lift. How/why he could do that was probably a combination of possibly a few things: His beat VA at the net, maybe VA nerves / Loh played freely, maybe them being training partners, but also the speed of the shuttles (fast). LZJ also said that the shuttles Friday evening were faster than in earlier rounds.

Yes, it is possible that Friday evening had significantly faster shuttles than the rest of the tournament because this was the first time in the week that the hall was packed (you know, because, Friday evening), which increased the temperature in the hall. They only test the shuttles once per day (in the morning). So it is possible that the shuttle they picked Friday morning was fine most of the day and then was faster in the evening. And then they picked a slower speed in the weekend because they learned the lesson (I don't know if this was the case as I didn't watch most of the weekend's matches). But I know that LZJ called the Friday shuttles "crazy shuttles" and he played the match before VA vs. Loh.

It looks like we could get a VA vs. Loh in French Open as well. I hope we get that and if we do, I am excited to see if VA has managed to solve Loh. I know he won't rest until he does, even though they are good friends :p

9. terrynguyen121988

I feel that the Victor shuttle was faster than Yonex shuttle, and many player hit the shuttle which was near to the net, go straingt to the net.

Such as: Yamaguchi vs Wang Zhi Yi (last points in deciding game), Christie vs Lee Zii Jia, Kevin hit the shuttle in second game in final match and Rahayu/Ramadhanti vs Shida/Matsuyama

10. keithl

keithl Regular Member

software engineer
    SYQ will get his chance to do so, starting Wednesday, with high probability meeting VA, LKY, then LZJ, if he advance to subsequent rounds. Actually this is a much harder draw as compared to previous week where a few high seeded players didn't play in the bottom half where he was.

11. keithl

keithl Regular Member

software engineer
    Of the four named advancing to finals in French open. I would rank VA, LZJ, LKY and SYQ, in terms of probability based on recent results and paths to finals.

12. mohans

mohans Regular Member

No need to solve. LKY will go back to being himself in French open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. justiceforlcy

justiceforlcy Regular Member

It's mostly fans like you that make people dislike Momota/any other public figures with crazy fans (like BTS)

14. terrynguyen121988

Crazy fans! Funny! The haters still hate.

Still, players who beat Momota, won World Champion or Olympic Gold medal ?

No ???? Thanks GOD

Anks likes this.
  15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Will delete further Momota posts in this thread as being off topic.

Mod

Anks likes this.
  16. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Viktor really naughty giving away the match to lky. Now you see the different Viktor beating lky back. Ridiculous match fixing in Denmark open. ;)