2022 VICTOR Denmark Open

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by BadSmashPdx, Oct 14, 2022.

1. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

It would be nice if SYQ can return to his peak form from 2018, before he suffered so many injuries that kept him competing (and I also think SYQ got the CBA angry and they suspended him for some time or something like that).

Back in 2018, peak Momota was beating everyone, and there were few players that could beat Momota. Ginting was one player, who beat Momota at the Asia Games. The other was SYQ at the Super Series final that year. SYQ made Momota look very ordinary when he beat Momota at the Super Series final, and so far in SYQ's career, that's still his biggest title.

A peak SYQ that matched the 2018 Super Series final SYQ would make things interesting and would give Viktor a run for his money.

Simeon, Woesi and Justin L like this.
  2. James blake

James blake Regular Member

You’re right, maybe I will eat my words tomorrow lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm afraid SYQ is not back at his peak condition as this match and yesterday's seem to indicate, in my opinion, I doubt he can prevail over Lee Zii Jia tomorrow, the more so when he had to play such a long, grueling match today instead of finishing it off in two straight sets without being stretched so much.

But, anyway, the final against such a super fit LZJ will be a treat and a good test of how far SYQ has returned to his former best. I'd venture to say, SYQ is at the moment at most 80-90 % of his previous best.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

To be honest, Kodai Naraoka has improved so much that I think none of CHN's current crop of 2nd tier MS can handle him , not Weng Hongyang or Li Shifeng, not for the time being.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

This tense struggle , so closely fought in the decider, is absolutely a morale-boosting victory for Shi Yuqi.

I haven't seen him celebrate like this for a long time, just what he needed most to inject self-confidence and instill inner belief going forward.

tbgoh288 and RC47 like this.
  6. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Fact: All players who beat Momota 2018-2019, played in their home tournament.

Shi Yuqi beat Momota in home with thousand of fans cheering for. (all of their matches)

Ginting beat Momota in China, where home fans always support for who can beat Japanese. (you know, right ?)

Antonsen beat Momota in Indonesia Master, the same way as Ginting, by supporting from thousand of Indonesia fans

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That's why Viktor was the World Champion and Olympic Champion, but not the one who beat Momota. (People just focus on how to beat Momota and was complacent with themselves)

#326 terrynguyen121988, Oct 22, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  7. Kwarevo

Kwarevo Regular Member

It's tiring game, LZJ will have big change to win

8. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Actually i think he played better yesterday against CTC than he did today against kodai naraoka. It wouldn’t be such a close match against naraoka if he performed the way he did against CTC.

Justin L likes this.
  9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Agree.

10. keithl

keithl Regular Member

software engineer
    I would put my money on the Chinese second tier winning 60% against KN.

11. Hbmao

Hbmao Regular Member

What’s your point? That KM was literally unbeatable at his peak if not for support that stems from anti-Japanese sentiment?

justiceforlcy and galaxyduo like this.
  12. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

He actually wrote his point at the last paragraph

13. terrynguyen121988

I do not use the word "unbeatable", but I didn't see Momota lost to someone in a stadium that is not overwhelmed by the screams of audience during the rallies.

Nishimoto also beat Momota in Malaysia 2019, but I don't think Momota played all out that match.

#333 terrynguyen121988, Oct 22, 2022
  14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Three final clashes involve players from same nations as China has secured two titles and Indonesia snatches their specialization MD crown where the Minions are back for title contention after tackle reigning world champions Aaron Chia/Soh WY in three games. Two new senior-junior combinations cruise into final in their international tournament debut, Feng YZ/Huang DP also Korean WD pair Baek HN/Lee SH as well who will challenge top contenders to spring major upset.

Shi YQ returns on spotlight to march into S750 final in third tournament post domestic ban to redefine new chapter of his career, the Chinese must deal with mental test to outlast Japan newest star in deciding game to save several match points, from 18-20 to 24-22. Dropped opening game Naraoka bounced back stronger in second game, his net shot and defense are northworthy aspect to balance the tall and big hitter opponent. A sigh of relief for China camp as their MS biggest hope looks recapture his old form moderately, first final after S300 Macau Open three years ago and Lee ZJ will be arduous obstacle to overcome. The more patient Lee eliminates former World Champion Loh KY, both players exhibited effective net play and ferocious attacking smash but the Singaporean can't control his accuracy, rushing to attack in long rallies that became fruitless frequently. Lee will amend a string of recent uninspiring results to top podium in Odense.

Third final meeting for Chen-He in this year BWF World Tour, much predictable plot that the Olympic Champion vanquishes Intanon. The calm Chen had casual start, sluggish and quite passive at the beginning before tuning into true color in next proceeding, her style of play is anti thesis of Thailand artistic fashion who pushed extra effort to break the Chinese meticulous and excellent retriving skill. China number two He BJ who outclasses Han Y seeks higher tier title after collected two S300 victories in GER and KOR.

upload_2022-10-23_10-16-31.png

BadSmashPdx, Cheung and It'sMeMeMe like this.
  15. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Who cares if they beat Momota on home court or not. They beat him. Momota also lost on home court at the Olympics last year, and then at the WC this year.

justiceforlcy, Justin L and skhai91 like this.
  16. terrynguyen121988

I care and smile when nobody who beat Momota 2018-2019 and 2021 Tokyo, won World Champion or Olympic Gold Medal.

Keep useing defeating Momota as a yardstick

And keep lying under Viktor's heels

17. cococo

cococo Regular Member

I thought LZJ has beaten Momota at All England before? Definitely not his home crowd

I just saw you said from 2018 to 2019. But when LZJ beat Momota at All England I'm quite sure it was still considered an upset and then he won All England which to me is probably just as prestigious as World Championship

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

justiceforlcy and galaxyduo like this.
  18. terrynguyen121988

After the accident in Malaysia

Many players, but not only Lee Zii Jia.

We We and We are discussing about 2018-2019 Momota

And hey, beating Momota was not a yardstick.

Did Viktor win Momota 2018-2019 ??? No No and No.

And he is the World Champion + Gold Medal Olympic.

#338 terrynguyen121988, Oct 22, 2022
  19. Simeon

Simeon Regular Member

Carpenter,Joiner
    Hey man cool down. You have interesting posts now and then, but we can't enjoy them if you will get banned forever.

justiceforlcy and trizzforce like this.
  20. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

You are spewing half truths.
    Didn't SYQ beat Momota, 21-13, 8-21,21-12 in the Sudirman Cup finals in Finland 2021. Do you honestly think that the Finns love China more than Japan?