P9200CC

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Budi, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Finally manage to found one for my size yesterday & thats the last stock. Lucky me:D. Today had some kicking with it on court, so i guest i want to share abit & abit comparation with my previous A950.

SIMILARITY
    Well its Victor brand:p joke guys....
    When im wearing it & standing, like A950 my feet feel like want to roll inward.
    While standing, i tried to purposely roll my ankle but its not easy to do, as if the shoes helped with my body weight counter roll it & P9200 are slight harder to roll.

CUSHION
    its obvious Allrounder vs Support, P9200 win. Today end game, i didnt feel any pain on my heel nor sore/tired on my ankle.

STABILITY
    likewise P series win & coz of that great stability my ankle & heel are fine. Unlike when im using A950, at the end of the day my heel feel abit pain & my ankle feel tired/sore.

WEIGHT
    Weighing it with my hand, i could feel P9200 are abit heavier & wearing both at the same time are noticable P9200 are heavier, but wearing P9200 alone & play with it, i dont feel im getting dragged or something. Well im no pro nor had to beat a pro, so the weight are no big deal. & with the stability it offer, im more confident to kick the pedal harder to move faster.

OUTSOLE
    Few years back, for whatever reason some of my friend say Victor shoes are slippery. Having to use A950, i could say the outsole are good at any type of court & today P9200 also perform the same.

THE BAD
    P9200 feel so stuffy inside, as if the shoes try to squeeze your foot inside. Kinda uncomfortable at 1st but after a while i get used to it. Some others might not like it.

Being a heavy man myself, i could recommend this shoes to others Giant:p.

alternat0 and konww002 like this.
  2. DinB

DinB Regular Member

I was quite confused about the P9200 series. I was waiting for the P9200 AH to be released in Thailand (Spring 2022). I expected it to be a P9200II/P9200 Redefined. I asked a local Victor shop, they told me the new P9200 would definitely be the P9200II model. After some research on the Chinese forum (already sold in China) and looking at the pictures, it turned out Victor would be releasing the "old" generation of the P9200. It will just be a new color way and cheaper than the P9200II.

I find this a bit strange. The CC version released after the P9200II is the II version. Now they are going back to the old model. Why don't they just release a new color way of the P9200II? The shoe is already out of stock. Isn't the second generation always supposed to be better?

In any case, I managed to find a P9200II and had a 3 hour session with a pair of them. They are THE BEST shoes I've ever worn. My previous shoes were Yonex Comfort Z 2, Asics Court Control ff, Asics Gel Blade 6, Victor P8510, Li-Ning Ranger Speed and some other low end models. The P9200II is by far the most well rounded stable shoe. Not too heavy, great cushioning (not too soft like Asics, not too hard like Yonex), very stable, and great fit. It is also very breathable. I am a bit concerned about the durability though. The hole on the side seems easy to be torn apart. Nevertheless, I am very satisfied with the product.

upload_2022-4-30_7-17-57.png
    upload_2022-4-30_7-18-12.png
    upload_2022-4-30_7-18-36.png

alternat0 likes this.
  3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Not sure if II mean 2 as Victor like to use alphabeth instead of number & its not always in sequence.
    Regarding 9200, if im not mistaken there is low/mid end model. The design are somewhat different but carry the same name.

4. DinB

DinB Regular Member

II definitely means 2. In any case, it's written on the shoe as redefined version. The low end version is P9200 TD. The "take down" is Li-Ning's thing I think. They like to make TD rackets (and Yonex is now doing it with Pro, Tour, Play racket series).

I can't imagine other brands upgrading their shoe but then go back to manufacture the old version. Imagine if Yonex mass produces the 65z 3 and then go back to 65z 2 or the old 65z again. Doesn't make any sense to me.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    The II is a wonderful shoe for someone like me with weak ankles from previous injuries.

6. Budi

Budi Regular Member

not sure either. Coz my shoes before are A950 which pack a bunch of tech yet the price tag are somewhat mid end. Idk if Victor put the wrong pricing or the tech writen on the website are the wrong one.

7. Rommel Alastra

Rommel Alastra Regular Member

hi guys, question. what does it mean by "take down"? what compromises do they make on this new release of P9200 to make it cheaper? I'm just wondering. I hope the support and cushion are still there.

8. Budi

Budi Regular Member

saw it when i buy my 9200cc offline at store.
    I didnt try it so cant say about the cushion & comfort but just by look it seems the upper are lower grade leather & the sole are abit harder when i try to pinch it.

Rommel Alastra likes this.
  9. DinB

DinB Regular Member

Just looking at the specs you see a lot of difference at the midsole:

P9200 - Light Shock-Absorbing EVA+Light Resilient EVA+ENERGYMAX 3.0+TPU+Carbon Power
    P9200TD - EVA + ENERGYMAX + Nylon Sheet

From the photo, the heel area looks much more cushioned for the original P9200.

upload_2022-5-17_15-51-53.png
    upload_2022-5-17_15-52-39.png

10. Raju

Raju Regular Member

I am looking to replace my P8510 shoes, since I couldn't find them anymore. P8510 is the best, comfortable badminton shoe that I have used so far.
    As you know, P8510 is U3.0. Does P9200 also come in U3.0?

11. Alexious

Alexious Regular Member

it's V2.5, p9200TD come in U3.0 if u want, but it's not good as p9200ii in technologies

anyway, i always thought that my feet is U3.0
    but when i try u3.0 my thumb toe is hurt a little bit
    then i try v2.5 p9200ii tty and it's good

like wtf? does that v-shape or u-shape matter?
    when i asked online shop, they told me that we can use u-shape or v-shape depends on size
    but larger size mean larger risk, right?

Raju likes this.
  12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

That’s why you should always try wearing the shoe first to find what’s comfortable.

13. Alexious

Alexious Regular Member

some shop wont like if we try and then go without buy XD
    because online shop is cheaper and lot of bonus

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

which country is this? I never had this problem before.

Yes. Spend less money for a shoe that you can’t use. Then you need to spend more to get the shoe you can use.

ucantseeme likes this.
  15. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Aside from culture thing & habit which might be different from country to country.
    But maybe i had some picture why shop hate this.
    The buyer didnt know what they actually want. They try 1 by 1 each item on the shop, messing the whole display, not to mention asking the keeper for their size & eventually didnt feel like any of it or the price didnt fit their budget, & end up not buying anything.

I myself always do my homeworks looking review or thing about what im looking for. Check the price if it fit my budget. When thing are clear, i go to shop just to test & fitting which normally only 2-3 different model to try & the reason i wont buy coz they dont have my size. So i wont bother them to much testing a whole stock on store.

Cheung likes this.
  16. Alexious

Alexious Regular Member

i did my research and i did know what i want
    when i went to shop, i only tried 3 models, p9200td, p9200, p9200ii tty
    but sometimes to get your size, the shop keeper must check their storage
    it takes time and i have to test it first

and the test takes time, i have to try shoes for 5-10 mins each
    still, after that, i have to reconsider it again because the store that i went to didnt have the colour i want
    XD

still, there are so many factors that buyers dont buy the shoes after they try it
    like budget, colour, model, comfort, technologies, etc
    although they did their research, u will be tempted to try another good shoes when in the store
    and yeah, the store will always hate the people that only look and not buy, even they dont bother the shop keepers

17. Raju

Raju Regular Member

Followup question. You picked the same size for V shape as well or one size higher?

18. Raju

Raju Regular Member

Is there a difference between P9200CC and P9200II? When I checked the products technologies they both are same. Where I live P9200CC is available in stock.

19. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Idk if its the same or not.
    There is no 9200II when i buy mine & my previous shoes are A950.

20. Alexious

Alexious Regular Member

i pick the same size
    v shape 42 & 43
    u shape 42 & 43

i try p9200td, p9200, p9200ii tty edition

p9200ii tty edition fits me very well
    its kinda soft to my thumbtoe when i try very quick move, it feels the best than others
    sadly i only can try with my right foot, cause i hurt my left ankle
    i will go to the shop again when my feet are ready and buy the shoes

recommend that u go to shop and try directly

alternat0 likes this.