Looking for doubles racket recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by InfinitySmash, Sep 5, 2022.

1. InfinitySmash

InfinitySmash Regular Member

Hello everyone,

I often play badminton 3 to 4 times a week, I currently have an 88D Pro and mostly play doubles. My play style is towards smashing + drops and love to be at the back of the court.

What racket I'm looking for:

I'm searching for a secondary racket to try switch up the game a bit, as you all may know the 88D Pro is a very nice racket to smash with but the recovery time is poor compared to other rackets. I'm looking for a racket that's similar to the 88D Pro (in some way) with faster maneuverability.

- Head heavy to balanced, no head light.
    - Currently looking at Victor / Yonex but mostly Victor due to its interesting technology
    - 4U weight
    - Isometric shape (similar to the 88d pro)

Options I've considered:

Auraspeed 100x - I've considered this but I've heard so many horror stories of this racket breaking on itself (some sort of manufacturing defect?)

THRUSTER RYUGA II J - Same with the Auraspeed in terms of defect.

Arc 11 Pro - Balanced racket that's slightly towards HH (compared to the Arc 7 pro).

Thruster f enhanced edition

Any thoughts?

2. Mikkel Press-Stevn

Mikkel Press-Stevn Regular Member

Auraspeed 100x should be on the head-light side - so that one would not fit your own criteria.

But otherwise the Thruster f enhanced edition or the Thruster F Claw could be options for you.

I prefer the Thruster f enhanced edition over the 88D Pro having played with both for some time now.

3. Raju

Raju Regular Member

T
    Victor Thruster F enhanced fits your requirement. I have 88D pro and TK F enhanced in 4U, TK F enhanced feels faster, easy to use and not real head heavy.
    But smash and Raw power is tiny bit less compared to 88D pro. That's the trade off being even balanced.

#3 Raju, Sep 5, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  4. InfinitySmash

Question, does the Thruster F Enhanced Edition have the free core technology?

How does it feel with the hollow core compared to the 88d pro? What differences do you feel?

5. Raju

Raju Regular Member

Yes, TK F enhanced comes with free core tech. Plastic core numbs the feeling/feedback and unnecessary vibrations.
    It took sometime to adjust, but personally I like it because less vibration means less strain on your wrist and shoulders.

Eskie likes this.
  6. Kwarevo

Kwarevo Regular Member

7. InfinitySmash

Please have a look at my other thread regarding the TK-F if you have time.

https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo...-f-enhanced-edition-which-one-is-real.190064/

8. Raju

Raju Regular Member