2022 TotalEnergies BWF WORLD Championships : R/64-FINAL (22-28 August)

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Aug 21, 2022.

1. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Vitidsarn woke up in the first half of the 2nd set. Then at the beginning of the second half of the 2nd set, Vitidsarn went back to the form of his first set. Then when Viktor reached 20 points in the 2nd set, Vitidsarn woke up again.

Congrats to Viktor. I think only LZJ or LKY, playing their A++ game, can beat Viktor now.

2. keithl

keithl Regular Member

software engineer
    Where were VA and KV when they were 21? That would be a good comparison. You can see from game 1 to game 2, KV adjusted did quite well, and not to mentioned VA has improved since 2019. So, your "can't be more wrong" statement is actually not making sense.

3. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Now is the match Ive been waiting for !!

The Grandest WS encounter on the planet between two best in the world and Irrespecrtive of who wins they will both be two best badminton WS athletes on the planet for 2022.

Lemme get mt snacks and drinks :cool:

4. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Have they beaten him this year ? Cause as per my knowledge only LS is the player who has beaten VA this year so its weird you would name two players who havent even beaten VA this year lolz

5. keithl

keithl Regular Member

software engineer
    I would at this point go a step further to say, KV WILL achieve more than KM ever would.

6. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

Already boring since lcw retired

So vik use wc to surpass lin's winning streak while tai chose wc to lost her streak in 2018

7. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

2018/2019 Momota was reading Viktor like a book. Whatever shot Viktor hit, Momota had read Viktor's shot, and knew where to place the return shot to give Viktor trouble. People talk of Viktor's height advantage, but 2018/2019 Momota took away Viktor's height advantage.

I think maybe Viktor's overall consistency from tournament to tournament has improved a little in the last 5 years, but to be honest, when Viktor won the WC in 2017, he was playing with this level of consistency and at this level of badminton. In 2017, Viktor also beat LCW to win the year end Super Series Finals, and in 2017, LCW was still playing at this best and steamrolling over most of the MS field.

I don't think Viktor's level of play today is so much higher than prime Viktor in 2017, especially when Viktor won the 2017 WC. I think Viktor was playing very good in 2018 and 2019, and from the tournaments I remember him playing, Viktor would steamroll over most of the other MS players, until he ran into Momota.

#1187 galaxyduo, Aug 28, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Congrats. A win is a win for Malaysia. Won. Just like Lky. Local govt or ina tycoon will give money.

The farce now is no prize money and its yearly instead of 2 years. No more glamour. Diluted. Better chances for non-performers to win it like lky.

Time for bwf to change back to 2 years and add 1million prize money. Less rigging.

Losers will be compensated via bookie. Billions. Odd for ina win is 2x. Msia 1.5x. Whi would u buy?

Bookies are not stupid.

It depends which side is heavy.

If everyone is buying Ina, surely they have to give to Malaysia.

In any Football games, also the same.

If bookies give 3 balls between Liverpool and Bournemouth, you will take where ??

Most will makan and the score 9-0.

World Cup also same thing between Brazil and China giving 3 balls.

The final score 4-0.

But if everyone takes Brazil, then Brazil would win by 2-0 instead of 4-0.

It all depends on how heavy the punters are betting.

If betting on Brazil is 2 billions and taking China is 3 billions, the bookies will choose which side to win ??

Actually, the bookies already have your bets into their pockets.

Just waiting how they want to play it.

Sometimes those small loses, they will let you win.

Big bets, normally the opposite results come as unexpected.

9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Axelsen so GOATly. No upset. There is no rising star from Denmark, Once Axelsen and Marin retire … badminton back to square ones again?

10. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

LKY hasn't played Viktor since the 2021 WC: https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...33E64CC&T1P1MemberID=25831&T2P1MemberID=76115

As for LZJ this year, it went to 3 sets and Viktor just beat LZJ 23 to 21 in the 3rd set at the Indonesian Open: https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...33E64CC&T1P1MemberID=25831&T2P1MemberID=81561. The other time LZJ played Viktor after beating Viktor in the AE last year, LZJ went to 2 close sets with Viktor 21-19, 21-19.

But to beat Viktor, like I said, LKY and LZJ would have to be playing their A++ game. LKY and LZJ playing their B game, or even their A game, might not be enough to beat Viktor.

11. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Axelsen is all about business (to be the best), no time for cool image, long hair and tattoos like Antonsen (except tattoo) and Jorgensen.

Anks likes this.
  12. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Is momota not really playing axelson now cos of their seedings and momota can’t get to the final? It would be fun to watch them play now too

13. Sirppi

Sirppi Regular Member

I'm not gonna say Axelsen has been lucky, but Momota's accident has probably played in his favour, at least regarding title opportunities. Momota and Axelsen would have given the badminton world a fine rivalry, not unlike those great ones of past. Athletes suffer injuries all the time, some minor, some career-ending, but Momota's involvement in a fatal accident was unforeseen, and frankly, a little bit shady. **** happens.

Obviously, I think Axelsen has put in a tremendous amount of work, and he's earned every win. My feeling is that Momota would have pushed him even more, resulting in further growth as a human and an athlete. So on the whole, the only winner in the unrealized rivalry is Axelsen's bank account.

And, I know, Axelsen doesn't care and history certainly only remembers winners, not how they won.

Congratulations to all medalists, especially Chou Tien-chen who gets his first WC medal at the age of 32. Well done.

14. Anks

Anks Regular Member

I saw Akane's H2H against CYF is 13-8 so I checked it and its true :eek: and Her toughest opponent is PVS who she has H2H of 9-14:eek::eek: I had no idea Akane struggles against PV that much :mad:

15. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Momota played against Viktor at the Malaysian Open this year: https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...33E64CC&T1P1MemberID=25831&T2P1MemberID=89785. Momota got single digits against Viktor in 2 straight sets, but as we all know, Momota is a shell of his former self.

The 2018/2019 Momota would not get single digits, in two straight sets, against Viktor. But 2022 Momota is so far from 2018/2019 Momota, I don't even recognize the player in 2022 anymore.

16. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

You forgot Lin Dan ;)

17. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

so vitidsarn woke up only when he won a few points and was sleeping for 90% of the match when viktor was demolishing him?

18. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

not even LKY, i think its only LZJ on his best day who can beat viktor

19. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Yes, he never had long hair, but cool image and tattoo he had :cool:

20. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

CYF can't afford a slow start against Akane, like CYF had a bad start against TTY yesterday. It also doesn't help that Akane has beaten CYF the last several times they met, including the AE this year.