Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Practice match between China's youth Team and a selection team.

1. Women's Singles (Commentary Guest: Han Li)
    Zhang Xinran (Shandong) vs Wu Wei (Sichuan)

2. Women's Doubles (Commentary Guest: Zhu Xiaocheng)
    Wang Tingge (Beijing)/Wang Yiduo (Beijing) vs Wang Xiaoya (Liaoning)/Jia Zhifan (Sichuan)

3. Men's Singles (Commentary Guest: Zhu Weilun)
    Zhu Xuanchen (Hubei) vs Ren Chengming (Shanxi)

4. Mixed Doubles (Commentary Guest: Li Rui)
    Shen Xuanyao (Zhejiang)/Li Qian (Guangdong) vs Liao Zhongtao (Guangxi)/Cao Jiaqi (Hunan)

5. Men's Doubles (Commentary Guest: Pei Tianyi)
    Zhu Yijun (Shanghai)/Zhang Lejian (Zhejiang) vs Chen Junlin (Jiangxi)/Nan Si (Liaoning)

antssantss and CLEAN like this.
  2. om patel

om patel Regular Member

Why do MS WS Chinese player allow to play WC but not MD ?

3. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

No active pairs are eligible I believe

4. om patel

om patel Regular Member

Love to see the young guns of wang/liang in this type of tournament i bet they can go pretty far!
    they remind me of bagas and fikri young and super talented…

5. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Is the whole national squad sponsored by Yonex now?

6. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Iirc, SYQ is being (partially at least) sponsored by LN when it comes to shoes and Chen Long uses LN shoes and a LN racket. Same with ZN but he resigned from the National Team.
    Rwst of the squad should be Yonex only

Rob3rt likes this.
  7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker

HKV mentioned this on his podcast.

For phase 1, SYQ received an invitation but because he was still under ban by CBA, he technically was not eligible to be invited under Phase 1. From this, I presume the phase 1 invitation is invalid.

Then, Chen Long dropped out on phase 2, and SYQ is no longer banned. Therefore SYQ can get the invitation under phase 2 invitation.

CLELY likes this.
  8. CLEAN

CLEAN Regular Member

#4108 CLEAN, Aug 23, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
    Justin L and tbgoh288 like this.
  9. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

No li shifeng in the Vietnam open. It would be a missed opportunity to increase ranking.

10. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Lol they are sending SYQ to super 100 vietnam open

11. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

even zhao junpeng lost badly in the second set today, he is the most improved chinesse player.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

He started and played well in G1 and probably thought he could take it but when he finally lost by deuce, he let it play on his mind in G2, thereafter it's downhill all the way, even making three misjudgements at the backline in a row.

It's the opposite of what transpired in his match with Lee Zii Jia where after prevailing narrowly, somewhat unexpectedly, in G1, 21-19, he then lost badly in G2, 11-21, but instead of wavering, he continued to fight with resolve to emerge victorious, much to his delight.

I believed that rousing win over a hotshot player he's not given much chance to beat injected a huge boost of self-confidence, which carried forward to the next round opponent, Prannoy, whom he managed to overcome despite dropping the opening set, 19-21, he actually turned G2 around with an emphatic 21-6 score to force a decider, which he went on to come out on top with an encouraging 21-18 while leading most of the way in the second half.

After that success, I think he got a bit carried away, what with rising hopes adding on to the pressure of the burden of expectations from others and himself. As such, he allowed that narrow loss in G1 by deuce to Kunlavut affect him too much, so much so that his game quickly unraveled in the second set as he couldn't stay focused by putting G1 behind him. Psychologically, he defeated himself with one unforced error after another as his opponent hardly did anything more than keep the shuttle in play.

Hope, he learned some positive lessons and gained valuable experience from both victories and defeats in the world championship journey, and emerged stronger in the future.

tbgoh288 likes this.
  13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I want to give Han Yue a pat on her back for pushing An Se Young the full distance in the QFs of the Tokyo WC '22, even saving four matchpoints before going down 20-22 in the decider.

Well done, Han Yue. Way to go !

TBH, I'm beginning to like her lately, her positive attitude on court, never-say-die spirit, earnestly working hard for every point, apparently a quiet, self-disciplined student, listening intently and nodding at whatever the coach says on courtside. On a number of occasions, the way she gave much higher-ranked and fancied opponents a run for their money earned my approbation.

My intuition tells me she might make a breakthrough in her young career within a year or two, I hope so.

yenyesoh and tbgoh288 like this.
  14. viver

viver Regular Member

I watched only the last few points of Han Yue's match with An Se Young. There are not many Chinese female players in tournaments, and it appears to me that she is psychologically stronger than Wang Zhiyi (Zhang Yiman seems stuck) and from the progress she made, she might be the player for the CBA to bet on. She would need to play the different higher ranked opponents to obtain more experience, and I agree with you that she might achieve results within a year or two.

tbgoh288 and Justin L like this.
  15. felipe

felipe Regular Member

finance
    Yeah hopefully Han Yue, Wang Zhiyi and Zhang Yiman can support Chen Yufei and He Bingjiao

tbgoh288 and Justin L like this.
  16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, I was especially impressed by what transpired in G3, a thrilling, well-fought , breathtaking close finish where Han Yue saved 5 matchpoints but, unfortunately, couldn't prevail in the deuce, 20-22; the tremendous effort, attacking, defending and counterattacking, took the wind out of her sail in terms of energy, not confidence.

If only Han Yue had come out on top , I'm pretty sure she would've put up a fiercer fight with Akane Yamaguchi than An Se Young did in G2.

Right, Han Yue is a fighter with grit determination. Agree, she is mentally stronger than Wang Zhiyi and , I hope, she turns out to be just as stable but mentally tougher than Chen Yufei as well.

As for Zhang Yiman, she's still only 25,no doubt a bit late to come on the scene, her best performance so far being a bronze medal finish at 2021's world championships at Huelva, Spain , where in the Semifinal clash with the eventual winner, Akane Y, she gave as good as she got before going down by the identical score of 19-21, in fact, leading 16-12 in G2 at some point. The commentator was heard praising ZYM for some of her shotmaking, using words like "masterclass", "stunning".

Frankly, I still hope and wish to see Zhang Yiman once day emerging as a late bloomer, following in the footsteps of her senior past legendary great, Zhang Ning.

17. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

li shifeng lost to Kantaphon Wangcharoen who is out of form lately.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I suspect Li Shifeng , who skipped or withdrew from a couple of tournaments the last month or so , is recovering from some minor injury (possibly sustained during training).

Noticed, in this match , he is not his usual aggressive self in attack, defense and counterattack.

19. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

ZJP lost too. With axelson not playing, they need to grab the opportunity! So they only have LGZ and SYQ left

20. Hbmao

Hbmao Regular Member

LSF celebrated after the 2nd set like he has won the whole tournament lol