Victor Drivex 9X vs Auraspeed 100x

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Mikkel Press-Stevn, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Mikkel Press-Stevn

Mikkel Press-Stevn Regular Member

Hi all,
    I hope someone out here can help me out a bit.
    I used to play with a 4U Yonex 88D Pro, but wasn't overly satisfied as it felt a bit slow (and it overextended my wrist), so I sold it.
    I bought a Victor Thruster F Claw (albeit a bit by mistake), but this one is very comperable to the 88D pro and have the same problem with being slow.
    I have looked at the Thruster F enhanced edition (which I would like to try out - but it is impossible to get hold of in Denmark at the moment).
    As such I would like to get some input on Victors Drivex 9x and Auraspeed 100x.

I play doubles and mix, and rotate round. I prefer fast reaction shots, and rather steep cut smashes (I am not a power smasher). My control is okay, but not something I rely overly on (by which I mean, I don't have many slices and cuts as such).

I have seen some reviews of the AS 100x and fear it might lack some power. But haven't seen much on the Drivex 9X.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

As someone who used to use 100X and broke all of them without crashing. I don't really recommend 100X. The racket is super good, but I will not recommend anyone using it because of the frame durability issue so it's not worth using 2-3 month just to let it break on you. Both 88D pro and F Claw is a "power" type racket so you will feel a bit slow using it mid-front court, but rear court is one of the best with those 2 rackets. I've tested Drive 9X but the racket doesn't really wow me. I would suggest you looking into 100ZZ, Victor Hypersonic, 88S pro or Arcsaber 11 or 7 pro.

3. Kaporal

Kaporal Regular Member

Drive 9X is a all-around racket, good for single and double but not a speedy racket

Auraspeed 100X is better if you want a speedy racket but it seems to break easily.

Look at auraspeed HyperSonic / duora 10

4. Mikkel Press-Stevn

So far thanks for the reply. It should be noted that i am not as such looking for a speed racket - however I can see that was unclear in my original post.
    I grew up using a Yonex MusclePower 100, and ideally I am looking for something like that but with more power - hence why I considered the DriveX9 as my experience with Victor so far, is that they are a tad more flexible in the shaft.

5. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

Hypersonic/ 100x 2022 power ring edition

6. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

Ma
    May i know your broken 100x is first edition/ahsan edition/power ring edition?

7. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

broke 2 rackets
    1st one is Ahsan edition. Broke 20 minutes after first stringing, never touch the shuttle lol.
    2nd one is power ring edition. Broke after 2 months use, never crash rackets before.

8. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

Maybe also consider Arcsaber 11 pro, Duora 10lt, and Jetspeed 12.

9. jctai

jctai Regular Member

You should just go with a 4U DriveX9. AS100X is very stiff, it will hurt your wrist.
    If Li Ning is available in your area, you can check out Tectonic 7 which is a 4U flexible even balanced racket. Will never overextend your wrist.
    If you want a head heavy but flexible racket, look for Tectonic 7 Combat, easy to borrow power from its head weight but obviously slower.
    MP100 is a very stiff and head heavy racket, I am against using it as reference, because 4U 88DP already overextended your wrist, anything like the MP100 will break your wrist. You might be able to play it in your youth, however it's been more than 15 years, things changed.

10. jctai

jctai Regular Member

Oh and... Auraspeed 100X doesn't lack any power, it's players who are unable to bend it enough to generate the power they want, who thinks that it "lacks power". AS100X is combination of aerodynamic frame and stiff shaft, nightmare for players who doesn't have enough speed in their swing and timing on impact.
    Same for DriveX9, slightly more user friendly but still requires a good technique to play it properly.

Gpower and pootisfoib like this.
  11. Kwarevo

Kwarevo Regular Member

I will say Ars 100X because speed racket.
    DriveX 9X is even-balance. But Ars 100X has a lot of problem recently.
    Yonex Nanoflare series and Li Ning Bladex series will be a good choices

12. Mikkel Press-Stevn

Again thanks for the replies.

Li-Ning racket is not out of the question, as they are available - I just don't understand their name scheme as it seems all over the place.

Regarding the MP100 - that was mainly just for reference, I used the original Astrox 88S for some time and found it pleseant to use. I hated the flexible shaft of the Astrox 77 as I couldn't get it in place in time.

I had been looking at the Arcsaber 11 Pro - but can't figure out how it handles (And I don't have the option to try it out first).

13. Gpower

Gpower New Member

If you haven't bought anything or still looking then 9x is a very good and powerful racket, it's fast but not nf800 fast or bs12 fast but still plenty quick and soft on the wrist and shoulders and surprisingly has very good smash and clears easy

Dave1011 likes this.
  14. Hickton

Hickton Regular Member

Agree with this. The 9X delivers good power, deep clears are easy, is very steady for control, and is still reasonably manouverable, though clearly not as much as the Auraspeeds. It has zero shock (possibly due to the freecore handle?) so is very easy on the body.

Gpower likes this.
  15. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

Halbertec 8k Is pretty pretty good aswell. It's like more flexible arc11pro

16. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

I've read that Hal8000 is like an Arc7 pro without the Arcsaber hold feeling.

17. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

Definitely doesn't feel as soft. More like in the middle between 7 and 11 pro. Minus the shuttle hold makes it more repulsive and easier to direct the shuttle during snappy movements

pootisfoib likes this.