Singapore Open 2022

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by sunscreen, Apr 18, 2022.

1. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Great win from Saina. She played well after a long time. A QF entry and beating a top 10 player after so long should be a confidence booster for her. On her good days she is still the second best Indian WS. Other Indian WS not showing any good results at big stage.

Disappointed by the performance of Asmita Chaliha, who made numerous errors throughout her match.

Baddie lover likes this.
  2. Habisin-Habisin

Habisin-Habisin Regular Member

easy win for carnando/marthin.
    Indonesian MD troops still dominate so far.
    on the contrary, gloomy days continue for the malaysia camp

3. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
    I'm not sure if the MD standards is dropped based only by taking the result on recent tournaments...
    If we look at Olympics 2021, there are 4 different nations in Semifinal, and 6 different nations in QF,,, that's quite healthy.

The thing now is that many countries are still in transition period for MD's regeneration after Olympics... For example China: many new MDs in the scene. Their no.1 pair is partly retired... so they still figuring out how to beat many INA's MD now,,, I'm quite sure it's a matter of time when many new young MD's from China will get more exposed to many style of plays and create a more competitive scenarios in every tournament. (I found that INA's MD player is still the main obstacle for China's MD)

In the case of INA's MD, I think it's in INA's DNA that we really enjoy playing MD (even around my local club)... Historically, INA has a strong MD pair because the coaching system also one of the best (many former INA's MD player become coach in other countries as well)... And I wouldn't say for sure that INA MD now will dominate more and more in the future: the daddies is in the twilight of their career,,,, minion isn't that dominating anymore (many other players have figured out how to play against them, and Gideon's age is catching up)... and only recently FajRi gets more and more consistent.....
    Other than FajRi --> Leo/Daniel, Pramudia/Yeremia, Bagas/Fikri is not yet as consistent as their senior... they can lost to other ranked 10-20-ish MD player,,, so we'll see.
    :)

I assume the important event nearby would be the Asian Games 2022, because many MD player will be super-laser-focus... and this will determine if MD will be dominated by only one-two nations or not,,, Just like in Olympics 2021 where Lee /Wang and Aaron Chia/Soh quite surprisingly play the best game of their life and get to the podium against the odds.
    :)

Off course myself as an Indonesian will be cheering that we can dominate as much as we can (especially in MD's)... I'm not sure how many representative of INA's MD can be eligible for individual tournament (if 2 or 3 representatives is the maximum or not).

Happy Badminton!

#83 ojayz, Jul 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    evilster and LenaicM like this.
  4. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

I would say it’s diverse but the OP was making the point of decline in standard of MD.

5. ong huigen

ong huigen Regular Member

Must be a coincidence for him to beat the 2 HK convincingly.

I watch a different match to you.

Sure

6. wade

wade Regular Member

Kinda agree tbh. Ahsan/Hendra, LYD/YYS, Fu/Zhang, Endo/Hayakawa, KSH/SBC, KGJ/KSR, CB/HW, Boe/Mog...top 10 was full of great MD pair. I feel like MD need korean talent more than ever, their strong defense makes the game more interesting.

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Hangzhou AG has been postponed into next year. INA is widely known and traditionally strong in MD department since 1970's era and has best regeneration than other disciplines. The upcoming World Championships should be biggest individual target in this year.

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Exciting mouth watering qtr between lsf and lky. Hope both on top form and we will see a cracker. ;)

I am gg to watch live. ;)

Anyone want free tix? 1st come 1st serve. Good luck. ;)

NTY seems to he a bit fatter now. Good for him. ;)

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

A surprising feat by former world number one Saina Nehwal to book quarterfinal spot, thanks to her dogged determination, tactical and patience are better than He BJ who resets her old version, struggling to handle drift condition, inaccuracy problem and disarray game plan. The front runner Sindhu also Chochuwong as well had to battle hard to surpass their unfamiliar opponent. A positive sign for INA WS, Tunjung maintains her good form since last week MAS Masters semifinal outing, she constructed more variation strokes and quality shot to tackle Zhang YM.

World Champion Loh KY and Ginting are slated to meet in final four, local fave finds China challenger who's touted to be next future star, Li SF, an intriguing clash to wait while Ginting twist and turn to conquer the stubborn TPE youngster Lin Chun-yi and facing Ng TY next. A big upset arrives at top-half of draw, Christie can't crack Naraoka superb defense and agility despite took command in opener 21-7, the gritty Japanese bounced back stronger, began to align his game in next proceeding. Prannoy repeats his MAS Open victory over Chou TC here, this time in three games.

The Olympic Champions Lee/Wang uninspiring performance stay on track, haven't restore the finest touch yet, men of the moment Alfian/Ardianto continue and enjoying the consistency, dispose second CHN combination Ren XY/Tan Q after neutralized Liu/Ou yesterday. Meanwhile Carnando/Marthin pass their junior rivals Liang WK/Wang C straightforwardly and will oppose another Chinese duo He JT/Zhou HD. Time will tell how far current batch of Chinese pairs will develop in coming tours.

QUARTERFINAL => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...B98-FF7E-437F-BFA7-4DF58665A650&d=20220715&c=

upload_2022-7-14_19-7-30.png

Cheung, kurako, Simeon and 1 other person like this.
  10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I would like to say something on the Olympics you mentioned.

The Olympic competition is a not true gauge of the standard of any discipline because only 2 representatives per country are allowed and you have mediocre participants in the early rounds.

Aaron/Soh was kind of lucky to get a medal and until now, they have not won any titles with top pairs in the competition, just an example.

11. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Pleasant surprise . I never ever imagined that saina will beat a top 10 player. That too He bingjiao. This could be the confidence booster to her second innings after surgery. Hope she reaches semi-final at least to mark her improving status.

nokh88 likes this.
  12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    It may turn out to be an all IND WS final come this Sunday.

13. Baddyforall

Too much to ask for ?

14. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Well last time I said the same thing to Nokh and India ended up winning Thomas Cup. Who knows Octopus Nokh would strike again ? ;)

Cheung and nokh88 like this.
  15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    2 days with 4 matches to go.
    We shall wait.
    Have faith.
    But this is not as big as Thomas Cup.
    Thomas Cup win may not be repeated.

#95 nokh88, Jul 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    Baddie lover likes this.
  16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

The scheduling gives me the impression that we are lackingg tournaments. After SO, there will be no S500+ (SS) till end of August WC.

Too much clustered tournaments and gaps. I think 2 weeks tournament and 2 weeks gaps is the best.

of course the 2JPN tournaments tournament will be arranged together next year, WC can be together with DO & FO and HKO should be together with CO 1 & CO 2 and WTF.

with 13 prefectures breaking all time record in JPN, i wonder if WC and JO might be cancelled?

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Lky vs tommy

First game

18. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Kodai Naraoka defeated HSP in 3 games, KN was 17-7 up in g3 but then hit the wall physically it looked like, he got a yellow card at one point for delaying, but eventually won 21-18

19. Baddyforall

All 3 indians lost. Only Sindhu left

20. Arisuin

Arisuin Regular Member

I'd like to be proven wrong, but I get the feeling that he will be going down tomorrow. His playing is simply just too gruelling to do this for every match. Thankfully, he seems to be more confident with smashes and playing around the net

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk