PERODUA MALAYSIA Masters 2022 : QUALIFICATION-FINAL (5-10 July)

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Jul 4, 2022.

1. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
    In game 2 the daddies increase the gear… but just unlucky with the G2 lost…
    and now I become more understand that when the score is 19-19, I don’t have high expectations for Rian’s serve

:D

Anyway big congratulations FajRi!
    Bring more tittles for this year!
    :)

2. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

Woah I just remember that Ahsan/Hendra has never lost at the WC as a pair, if this a WC final I think Ahsan/Hendra would win.

3. om patel

om patel Regular Member

How are FajRi not tired after all these semi and finals tournaments plays!
    They will take over the world # 1 once marcus and kevin retire\breakup over taking hoki kobay soon .

4. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah i even have the feeling they could win this match had they won the deuce. In every match that they lost this year, they almost lose 1 deuce and if not (they could even do better than rank 2 in Race to Guangzhou imo).

I hope they dont retire in 2024. Though its unbelievable they still have the will and motivation to keep going. But other than the SF & Finals , surely 20 Superseries in a season and bigger prize money is big source of motivation in 2023.

#184 Yoji, Jul 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Amazing victory for An SY to break the jinx, total command and powerful game to subdue the fatigue Chen YF who struggling to balance his younger rival grueling rallies, her agility and movement regressed drastically and the accuracy has gone while her defense wasn't adequate to retrieve An shot. The Olympic Champion must swallow another disappointment after last week defeat to Intanon in MAS Open, it's quite unexpected second game when the Chinese scored five points only, she needs to rest.

Good news for INA MS camp, Chico Wardoyo succeeds to pick inaugural BWF World Tour title, he displays better performance than yesterday to exploit his potential, more strokes variation, accuracy, quick and good reflex shot who troubled Ng KL mostly, the HKG player focus seems dwindled in the midst of second game to commit a string of unforced errors. A big step for the Indonesian to catch up with his junior peer Lee ZJ who had catapulted into elite level since clinched AE 2021.

Chen/Jia outclass Matsuyama/Shida, the Chinese duo keep pushing their rivals into defensive position and look helpless, their front court creative shots were absent. Sixth title for Zheng/Huang, don't know whether they still hungry and have enough stamina for SGP Open, a decent fight by Rivaldy/Mentari to respond world #1 flat and fast game, they should strengthen defense aspect and alert to place shuttlecock in empty area, particularly rear court. Second S500 crown for Alfian/Ardianto in this year, seems they have found consistency and hopefully will continue into bigger and prestigious stage next month in Tokyo.

Cheung likes this.
  6. ong huigen

ong huigen Regular Member

Sorry for the sour grapes.
    If there was no net call in the first game the outcome would have been different.

This kind of net calls should not be decided by the umpire but there should be a video referee deciding this.

#186 ong huigen, Jul 10, 2022
  7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

2 titles & 2 runners-up for Team INA, a very healthy haul indeed at the Perodua Malaysia Masters 2022. The withdrawal of Viktor Axelsen & Lee Zii Jia opened up the MS Draw and surprisingly, it is Chico Aura Dwi Wardoyo who grab this excellent opportunity and was promoted from the Qualifiers. He landed a spot in the Final by beating Lee Cheuk Yiu, Kantaphon Wangchaoren, Anthony Sinisuka Ginting [6] and Lu Guang Zu; all matches ended in rubber-sets with an average of more an hour each. In the Final, he did not waste the chance and displayed very impressive attacking play in beating another seeded opponent, Ng Ka Long [8], this time in straight-sets 22-20, 21-15 in just 45 mins. It is his first World Tour title and to make it even sweeter, its a Super 500 title, which Jonathan Christie still has yet to win!

Next week, he is tentatively still in the Qualifiers list but I expect him to be promoted to the Main Draw as a bunch of players will certainly withdraw (eg: Anders Antonsen, the second-seed for sure).

In the MD, it's an All-Indonesia Final between the red-hot Fajar Alfian/Mohd Rian Ardianto (their 7th Finals of the year) and the Daddies Hendra Setiawan/Mohd Ahsan (their 3rd Finals of the year as well). The younger pair prevailed in straight-sets 21-12, 21-19. It was a comfortable win in the first-set but the Daddies made Fajar/Rian sweat in the second-set, with some impressive plays by Hendra especially. However, it was not to be for the evergreen Daddies and Fajar/Rian lift their 2nd Super 500 titles of the year and 2nd Malaysia Masters crown (they won in 2018 too). Right now, I think only the Japanese pair Hoki/Koba can beat them and this bodes well for the World Championships coming up in August. Hopefully, they don't peak too soon.

Fajar/Rian are expected to face two CHN pairs: Liu Yuchen/Ou Xuanyi (the INA Open champions), followed by Ren Xiangyu/Tan Qiang in the opening rounds of the Singapore Open next week. If they can beat those 2 pairs, their route to another Final beckons too. With no Japanese pairs (including Hoki/Koba) in next week's draw, the Daddies, Mohd Shohibul Fikri/Bagas Maulana or Leo Rolly Carnando/Daniel Marthin will be fighting for the spots in the lower half.

Cheung likes this.
  8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    VAR.

9. ong huigen

Yeah

How can the referee judge whether the racket touch the net with her naked eye.

Imagine. A 1 point difference Vs a 3 point difference. It's a huge difference at a critical point.

Yes, Chico won it by 2 points but then Ka long would probably be psychologically affected because he could have won that set

For him to close it to 2 points really got to give him credit considering the events that happen.

Players has to not only play against the opponent but against the umpire.

Why should umpire even decide those kind of points. Chico never even challenged that point.

Useless umpire.
    Just want to take the opportunity to do a power trip.

There should be rules to prevent those kind of things from happening. That was an obvious point for him and he would not have protested hard if he really touched the net.

Yes I put money on Ka long to win

#189 ong huigen, Jul 10, 2022
    trizzforce and nokh88 like this.
  10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    BWF is not going to have VAR in the near future, so if you bet, pray that your player doesn't risk doing the above.

11. thiwul

thiwul Regular Member

kalong hit the cock before it pass the net 100%. see the replay again. show me that i am wrong

12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well Chico took his chances. The rest is history. He will have won the match anyway. Its really not so obviois what happened there, not worst than LCY vs Ginting few years back at the last point. If you lost a point then you can just make up for it, unless its the last point.

There are always questionables call throughout the tournaments or 2. What about court 2-4 that have all the questionable line calls for 100s of matches without hawkeye.

it will never end.

13. Kwarevo

Kwarevo Regular Member

Hope Singapore Open is better

trizzforce likes this.
  14. ong huigen

Well. Unless you are an se young vs a nobody, your first statement is moot.

I wun say anymore. But logic is not really your forte. 3 points is a very huge deficit especially at that point of the game and the likelihood of someone coming back from that deficit especially after a decision went against them can be very devastating.

Yes what thiwul said earlier is true but without hawk eye, it will mess up people mentally when decision goes against them.

That is why there needs to be hawk eye.

Anyway, Ka Long should have won that first set when he was at 19-18 advantage but he blew up. So nvm. Ka Long lost that set anyway not due to any decision.

But to say that someone should "catch" up a 3 points deficit really says a lot.

Anyway my mistake. It was that Ka Long either had a 2 point deficit or drew level but i already expected Ka Long to be psychologically affected which he did not. Credit to him

Anyway celebrate Chico win. That is perhaps your high point in life.

trizzforce likes this.
  15. thiwul

thiwul Regular Member

kalong should know that he hit the the cock BEFORE it pass the net

so what is the point of IF x THEN y in here?

LOLOLOL

16. ong huigen

That is the difference between a spectator and an analysis.

It's more then if X then Y. There is a psychological aspect as well.

Obviously, you never ever encounter any high pressure situations in life.

Just be a spectator.

And enjoy your moment that Chico won.

And it really says a lot about your personality when you just have to rub it in.

17. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Thanks!

Lost some interest in following professional badminton after LCW's retirement and GVS/TWK's decline but recently started getting back into it tournaments started being held regularly again. Suddenly so many names I don't recognise!

Cheung and nokh88 like this.