KIZUNA STRING

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by bjt1, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Mcth

Mcth Regular Member

ok tested it today .......

Feeling 7 to 8 ... maybe its the power...
    Sound 9 to 10

Don't know just lack the extra ummph or was I over expecting too much

Will try again next week ............................maybe i will change my mind

#61 Mcth, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  2. Curvy

Curvy Regular Member

For me i thought the power was way too overwhelming to the extent of way over bouncy and losing control.

3. Mcth

Mcth Regular Member

I strung mine at 27 lbs .... nvm I will have a game today will see how it goes ... maybe I will change my mind

4. Mcth

Mcth Regular Member

Just finished the game .... Still feel power lacking ..... seemed that my months old long um66 @ 26 lbs still produced more power before cutting...

Today's play in order of power

Nr900 bg85. @26lb
    Nr900 yy AS . @27lb
    Zf2. Kizuna z58. @27lb

However sound and repulsion and control is good...

Also with the old UM66 when I smash into the opponent ( approximate HK D grade player ~club competition grade) , probably 60 to 70% of the shot , he is unable to retrieve ... but after I put the z58 ....i have no confidence as i know he will easily pick up the smash ... so I think it can't be my technique became that bad after covid quarantine... With zf2 and the old UM 66 ... I will put the ZF2 on top of the list above NR900 BG85

Usually the zf2 would be taken out as the 'heavy cannon' but with the z58 ...... its so power muted.... like artillery can't fire so probably now I will just use it to play with lower level grade players until its time to cut it and never look back.

#64 Mcth, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  5. Mcth

Mcth Regular Member

Ok my final thoughts about the z58 .........

On the 4th session today .... I realized that this string is really for front player to place the shots nicely with the 'lady's touch' ..... At least with Aerosonic ........ i can still have confidence to smash a couple of times from the back consecutively .... but not with the z58 not even twice.....

The z58 on the zf2 made it even worse ..........as string and racket totally different play styles.... like Incredible hulk not smashing but wearing a ballet dress and shoes , tip toeing........ and playing the touche touche shots.... :confused::confused::confused:

Also today at the court , the game host was also using zf2 bg 80 26x28 .... I try it just 5 shots and could feel the POWER back again ... So its really the damn string not my technique....

So today , I went back to the stringer and asked him for a Manly Smashing string .... and decided to try Aerobite Boost ... Thats the end of my 'worlds thinnest string ' relationship....... Even the stringer commented that its for ladies ....

But of course ... if u are stringing it 21 ~24 lbs and enjoy the light shots with little strength ... then probably z58 is the string for you or / girlfriend / wife. Probably a lesser stiff racket would make a much better choice....

After 4 sessions, time to break up :rolleyes:

#65 Mcth, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    intrepid likes this.
  6. what07

what07 Regular Member

Was expecting to ramp up 2022 with these but Omicron shut us down. Haven't tried 63X yet but 58's are my go too string atm.

[​IMG]

xZhongCheng likes this.
  7. MusclePower100

MusclePower100 Regular Member

Where did you buy the strings?

8. what07

what07 Regular Member

Got it shipped from the India distributor. Cheapest source for me.

#68 what07, Jan 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  9. mikaltch

mikaltch New Member

Do u mind sharing the contact please? Thx

10. what07

what07 Regular Member

Sent u a pm

11. Arisuin

Arisuin Regular Member

Anyone know how D66 plays? My stringer recommended it to me when he was out of stock of bg80. I've currently got it strung on a duora 8xp at 27lbs, but it's gonna be about a month until I get to play again. Also have never used bg80 with the d8xp so I won't be able to make an accurate guess of the differences.

Just from looking at the package, Kizuna rates it a soft string which is very different from the hardness of bg80. A bit confused why he recommended it to me.

12. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

D66 Lusty is rated Medium-Hard feeling. Never tried D66 but I've tried D61 which is rated as "Hard" feeling. Kizuna "hard" feeling felt more like other brand "medium" feeling. The D61 string felt softer than Exbolt 63 which is rated as "medium" feeling. since it's a "D" series which stands for durability. The repulsion is on medium to low side.

13. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Remember when I used this. Best string I ever played.

Just saw that e78 has the reel in stock again. The temptation to just order a reel and replace my AS reel... :D

14. Raju

Raju Regular Member

Review on 63x if you had chance to try it? Where I live I can get 63 premium and 63x premium, wonder what the difference between these two?
    I currently use lining no 1 and gtone 5 strings. But wanted to try new strings.

15. Raju

Raju Regular Member

D61?

16. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Z58

Raju likes this.
  17. Raju

Raju Regular Member

D
    Did you had chance to try 63p or 63x?

18. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Z58 is the only Kizuna string I ever tried. :D

Raju likes this.
  19. what07

what07 Regular Member

z63 is definitely softer then 63x. I think its a pretty good all around string. Not much repulsion or quick bounce you get from a typical thin string but theres a good amount of shuttle hold. I found power transfer from smashes pretty easy and powerful. I would say in terms of soft feeling its around ashaway level and in between yonex soft to medium.

z63x if you want more pingy, louder sound and better bounce on contact with shuttle this would be for you. To me I wasn't really impress, just seemed like something I am already use too from other strings. Good competitor to exbolt 63.

z58 is still my go too, can get the performance and feel at a lower tension then 63x and with them being cheaper then Yonex strings it was a no brainer. I also don't really break strings and all of them are were very durable to me. 63x however feels it has a longer life and playability.

Raju likes this.
  20. Raju

Raju Regular Member

I was able to get few z63 premium strings. I also played with exbolt 63 @27lbs, do you recommend going with same string tension with Z63 or higher considering soft feeling? Or may be 10% pre-stretch?