2022 PETRONAS Malaysian Open

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by Cheung, Apr 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

In term of "CAN" (ability)

I have a list: Lee Zii Jia, Momota, Loh Kean Yew, Lakshya Sen and Kunlavut

2. ong huigen

ong huigen Regular Member

Actually Momota has a very good chance tomorrow.
    VA antics was aimed at Momota I think.

He is still very concerned about Momota.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Momota showed flashes of his former brilliance in out-playing the young gun Kunlavut Vitidsarn, and I should add his victory over Angus Ng KL is no mean feat either. We're in for a treat tomorrow when he faces his old foe, the most hotshot MS at the moment, Viktor Axelsen.

I should expect it to be a contest not only of skills but also a psychological battle with VA having a point to prove as their H2H record is heavily in favour of KM at 14-2. Can't wait for it.

trizzforce and Sumanth99 like this.
  4. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

It might not be that exciting and disputed. It is mainly going to be a battle of the fittest. While KM is definitely not at its best regarding physical fitness, VA played 387 points in 11 sets during the week. Less than half for KM with 184 points played in 5 sets and a half. That's a significant difference.

Simeon and akatsuki2104 like this.
  5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Good stats. VA favourite but tired. Lets see if momota can be consistent with his rallies. Best chance but... ;)

6. extremenanopowe

Rexy headache. Arron soh was lucky coz sitiawan made lots of mistakes.

Now clobbered by hoki solid defence. ;)

I ady said soh partner teo last time. More firing power. Aaron after 5 smashes kaput lol.

trizzforce likes this.
  7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Aaron looks overwight, Izzudin also cant keep smashing.. the strongest smasher is ongYewSin but he is only playong with TEY + he cant serve properly himself. Have to look for next gen after Paris 24.

8. lurker

lurker Regular Member

Anyone saw Zhang Shu Xian smash her racket at Zheng Yu head?

Till racket broke!!??!!

#308 lurker, Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    Justin L and Woesi like this.
  9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    During a point, Aaron made 1 smash and rush to the net. He also smashed a lot into the net, a sign of unfit.

Goh looked injured.

10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

FINAL => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...723-055E-4136-8351-22359B769E39&d=20220703&c=

upload_2022-7-3_9-42-47.png

Mixed doubles semifinal showdown between Olympic Champions and World Champions presented really intriguing match, both pair have equal expertise, deft touches, speed, close contest which described by the scoreline difference never more than 3 points in opening and second game then Wang/Huang faltered in deciding game. Top-seeds Bass/Popor will take on none but Zheng/Huang who enjoying terrific result to book fifth final in this season, the Chinese powered past Christiansen/Boje.

Two unseeded and relatively new combinations involve in WD title contention, Siti Fadia Ramadhanti rise to the occasion just in time to replace Greysia Polii as an exact partner for Apriyani Rahayu. Their relentless attack that combined with deceptive placement had delivered them to extend journey here. All England runner-ups Zhang SX/Zheng Y might be China second-ranked pair soon to back up the heavily dependable Chen/Jia, the Chinese senior-junior duo overcome two-time World Champions Matsumoto/Nagahara in three games.

Tai TY repeats bad habit again, lack focus suddenly, 12-5 in second game then her game deviated into wrong direction fatally while the very patient Chen YF took control to force rubber games, the similar turnaround replicated in decider where the Taiwanese had comfortable lead earlier, 9-3 then gone gradually. Clearly, crowd favourite Tai has the upperhand against Chen who capitalises her opponent weakness, tons of errors, a contrast style that differentiate the end result. Looks like Chen has bright prospect to top WS podium against Ratchanok Intanon whom she beat 15 times of 17 meetings , the last time China player nailed the title was Li Xuerui in 2014. Former champion Intanon outmaneuvers recent Asian Champion in two quick games as Thai protagonist had read Wang ZY excellently.

Born again, it’s been long time to miss former world champion Momota did impressive and exquisite performance, he replayed glimpse of 2019 steady form to outclass Vitidsarn yesterday who has same meticulous style with solid defense but no chance to balance the Japanese including net play. Malaysia Masters, the last time badminton fans witnessed Momota in fully confident incredibly before car crash incident, January 2020 then he's back to final here after numerous flop result in this year, he might found the answer for what he is seeking during time....

“I feel I lost everything. I went back to zero. What I established was all gone. Even though I loved badminton, I almost started disliking it. Now I’m in the final and it’s nice for me and I think I might be getting closer to the answer that I was looking for. I think I might be stepping up one level. My condition is the best in recent months. In the final it doesn’t matter who I face. I can’t be too relaxed, nor can I be too tense.”

Third consecutive final for Axelsen, he put aside the tiredness sign to challenge his stamina into the limit as deciding game exhibition still powered by sharp smashes and fast attacking shots. Christie trying to push the Olympic Champion working extra hard in second game that manifested in marathon rallies and slow tempo and it worked to frustrate and delay his rival victory as Axelsen unusually ran out of idea to control the game, 20-22. Next proceeding, the mighty Dane superb stamina brought him into full gear and rejected the Indonesian to shift momentum, his victory celebration expressed he's still strong enough after experienced grueling match that lasted 71 minutes. Momota is big nemesis for Axelsen that cemented by their H-2-H stats, 14-2 where Axelsen only won twice including last encounter in DEN Open, last Autumn.

Goh/Izzuddin also Chia/Soh can't tackle heavyweight burden to perform welll at home soil, both local pair surrender to their opponent and leaving huge disappointment for the host. After lost opening game narrowly, Tokyo bronze medalists seemed couldn't move on rather than under pressure throughout second game to create lopsided match. Current realiable INA pair Alfian/Ardianto on the road to deal with consistency and facing tough hurdle to bag first ever S750 title, World Champions Hoki/Kobayashi.

Simeon and It'sMeMeMe like this.
  11. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

There is any chance for Viktor to win Momota today ??? ^-^

12. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

hmmm tough choices

YaSi

Miniminions

CYF

VA

FajRi

hahah shall see how many i got right

Simeon likes this.
  13. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

i would say yes big chance unless Momota can get into VA head again n make him self destruct

14. Habisin-Habisin

Habisin-Habisin Regular Member

Like something was missing from Malaysia's men's doubles after Flandy's departure.

15. extremenanopowe

All these heralded players like aaron sih, lky and sen have yet to prove themself in big stage.

Fluke shot or lucky shots so far. Meaning they win mainly on opponents not having a good day. Lol ;)

VA, momota, lzj, ctc, ginting, jojo, vitid, sk, aa have won reasonable tournaments. Half of them are still struggling now.

16. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

in conclusion, malaysia players struggling the most, especially no more lee chong wei anymore

17. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

Meh, the Thais could only dominate in the absence of the Chinese during Pandemic. I expected more from them.

Habisin-Habisin likes this.
  18. mashenbdg

mashenbdg New Member

congrats apryani/siti

Simeon likes this.
  19. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
    :)
    Yeah Apriyani n Siti,
    carry on the legacy of Polii

Simeon likes this.
  20. nizze

nizze Regular Member

I m looking forward to the VA vs KM match.

KM has been out of form for quite a while.

Wonder how will he perform against VA today

In the past, he was VA’s nemesis, esp on the psychological front.

Let's see how the match pan out later

Sent from my 2201123G using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.