Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    China's MS is not heading in the right direction. Why and Sfx were both beaten in straight sets. Looks like only Lsf is carrying the hopes for the future.
    But in MD there is an exciting young pair in Liang Wei Keng and Wang Chang. Their style is fast and furious. They are natural doubles players. They anticipate so well. Saw them the first time in the Thailand Open where they lost to the eventual winners.

2. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Is LSF injured? Why is he not playing in Indonesia masters?

3. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

I am very impressed with Liang Weikeng. He is fast, skillful and hits like a truck. Most Chinese MD players possess 2 of those 3 traits. One to watch out for imo

Justin L likes this.
  4. antssantss

Retired
    Absolutely.
    I haven't seen any Chinese mens doubles play like they do. It's like seeing a ZSw/HYQ when they appeared for the first time. It's a revelation and I hope more combinations will appear. I wonder who coached them. For me they are the best MD in China.

Justin L and Dangho like this.
  5. CLEAN

CLEAN Regular Member

Read that he had diarrhea.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Han Yue in this tourney, the INA Masters S500 event, has proven to be such a determined fighter but I must admit watching her play can be tiring, the way she is working laboriously for every point that I can't help but wonder when she's going to collapse from exhaustion. Besides, she appears rough-and-tumble in her shotmaking, her footwork, wristwork not smooth and neat yet, surprisingly, on the mark , even brilliant sometimes.

Tomorrow's semifinal opponent, either Intanon Ratchanok/P V Sindhu will be a litmus test if she can raise her game another level, hope to see her make a breakout here.

7. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

LWK is really a breath of fresh air. He caught people's eyes at the Chinese National Games last year. I have been eager to see him getting tested on the international stage ever since. Let's see how he is going to develop.

Justin L likes this.
  8. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Han Yue may need to beat Ratchanok to keep her spot at the World Championships.

Fate can be cruel. It has been hard luck for Zhang Yiman since her surprising bronze medal at the last WC. It's now down to the last few chances for Han Yue to make something out of herself.

9. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Are the international carriers of chen xiaoxin, gao fangjie and cai yanyan over??

10. antssantss

Retired
    They did it. China's MD of LWK /WC defeated the No 1 seeds Kevin Sanjaya and Marcus fernaldi in straight sets. In the second set they outclassed the Indonesians with their fast and strong play. I predict they will be the champions tomorrow..Their technique and finesse is a joy to watch . They don't rely on their smashes to win points. They have incredible spatial awareness. Their opponents tomorrow have also improved so it will be a good match to watch.

11. antssantss

Retired
    If I didn't see the match I would not have believed if someone said ZJP made JC look in all sorts of trouble.
    He has so much confidence in his game. He has found his natural style of play. He still misses sitters but the other parts of make up for that. I always thought he was a waste of time but the coaches have done a great makeover of his game. I don't think he will beat some of the other top players though. Nevertheless congratulations ZJP.

#3991 antssantss, Jun 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
    Justin L likes this.
  12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I feel credit should be given to his new coach, Qiao Bin, who I think is also doing good for the others like Lu Guangzu, Li Shifeng and Weng Hongyang; no wonder Xia Xuanze enlisted him as a coach, which puzzled me at first as he hasn't any prestigious title wins to his name, now I understand.

At the same time, I wouldn't be amazed if Qiao Bin is working under Li Mao to train the younger crop of CHN MS. Hope it's a sign of things to come for Team China in the Men's Singles category.

tbgoh288 likes this.
  13. antssantss

Retired
    Thank You for the information. We'll done BQ. He has a great eye for knowing the players natural style. I always said a leopard never changes its spots but what he has done is remarkable. I hope he can work on the U15s and U17s as they are the future and can learn quicker without the need to undo bad habits.
    I must say another coach has done remarkable things to the men's doubles as well. They are hungry and hunt for the shuttle. There is hope now.

14. antssantss

Retired
    In addition WS has also improved. Did you notice Han Yues game. She smashes, deceives her opponent and has nice drop shots. A different player. I use to pity her hard work and robotic play but she Has Changed her style of play. Congratulations.
    WZY lacks speed of recovery. She doesn't recover quickly enough to the T and so misses the smashes and drops. HBJ is a great example of speedy recovery

Justin L likes this.
  15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

My sixth sense tells me, if I may venture to say, both Wang Zhiyi and Han Yue are on the verge of a breakout moment in their young career. In fact , WZY has already captured the Asia Championship WS crown in May, in my opinion a near equivalent to the world championship as virtually all the best of the best in WS are in Asia, given that Marin was in injury layoff then.

Let's see how far they can go from here, young and hungry for success as they are at age 22. Similarly, for their male counterparts, Weng Hongyang and Li Shifeng.

16. antssantss

Retired
    Firstly I have to say that CYF played a pathetic match. She was too casual and wasn't aggressive at all. She relied on the opponent making mistakes.
    On the other hand WZY's performance was quite a revelation. However I think she won't be able to handle TZY's power and deft strokes. I will be very very surprised if she won

17. antssantss

Retired
    It's been a very very long time when I could watch China's MD without feeling they will be bullied or even thrashed. But now they are very very good. Oxy and lyc showed how good they are. And there are 3 good pairs. Anyone knows Who was the coach with them? He has finally taught the Chinese how to play doubles.

#3997 antssantss, Jun 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
  18. antssantss

Retired
    There are 3 areas that are worrying. One is the ladies doubles. I don't think they are really that good. The second are MS. There is no good young players on the pipeline. Thirdly the WS. I don't see talented players of he calibre of TZY and RI. There are only good stroke players. They win by their stamina and good play. My humble opinion

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Most China women singles players are like that

20. antssantss

Retired
    I always admired the elegance of ZJP's strokeplay when he appeared on the scene. He was another CL without the championship game. In fact CL went through a similar path before his winning ways. CL was teased by LCW and all the top players at the beginning.
    But now my god to beat Prannoy is something else. HSP has given a lot of trouble to so many good players and since the Thomas Cup he is full of confidence.

I Am Now A Fan Of ZJP.

He played such a clever thinking game and didn't allow Prannoy to use his smashes. He is a faster version of CL Let's see how he can stop VA from using his power game. Congratulations ZJP and well done Bin Qiao