Need advice TKF Enchanced 3u or 4u

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by beno22, May 10, 2022.

1. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

Hello,
    I currently use the astrox 77 3u red and the victor auraspeed 70k 3u.
    The astrox is powerful but heavy and the victor is great, level of control and maneuverability but lacks a little power in the baseline smash.
    So I can't decide which one to keep, I would like only one model for WD or MX.
    I thought of the Victor TKF Enchanced.
    I don't know which model to start with the 3u or 4u. I have a preference for the 3u but I'm afraid it's heavy.
    Thank you for your help

2. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

What's your play style like? rear court player, front court player or all-round?
    What type of shot you like to play? smash? drop shots? net play?

I will suggest the weight depending on how you use.

Astrox 77, IMO is one of the most user friendly in Astrox range (But I've never tried 3U version tho)
    70K is super stiff racket you I haven't dare to try it yet.
    I've tried TK-F SE 3U and it's very easy to use.

3. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

I am a baseline player. I like to smash from the baseline, hence my choice of 3u.
    My two current racquets are good racquets but they are each lacking something. The astrox 77 is too heavy in certain phases of the game. The ARS 70K is very good in all aspects of the game except in smash from the baseline, however the clears are good.
    With the astrox my smashes come back much less often than with the ARS.
    I thought that the TKF E 3u could be a good combination of my two rackets.
    Otherwise I also thought of the astrox in 4U but I'm afraid of losing in smash.

#3 beno22, May 11, 2022
    Last edited: May 11, 2022
  4. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

70K is a speed racket (mid balance) so the smashing power depends on how good your wrist action is. Some people will have to put a lot more effort into smashing than a head-heavy racket like Astrox or Victor TK series.

I don't have swing weight stats on either Astrox 77 3U and TK-F SE 3U. But for 4U both racket have the same swing weight at 85-86 kg.
    So I would assume that both with feel similar to each other swinging wise. So TK-F SE would be closer to Astrox 77.

I'm not well versed in 3U racket so I can't give you a definite answer, but TK-F SE is a great racket. I don't think you will go wrong with TK-F SE 3U but I don't think the weight will feel a lot different compared to Astrox 77. If you have a chance, my best suggestion is to go try racket for yourself if you really like the weight.

88D Pro 4U
    Duora 10 (3U) or 10lt (4U)
    are racket you should look into too

5. what07

what07 Regular Member

Something to note, if you can weigh or measure the BP of your TK-F or any Victor racket. Some batches were way off spec in my region, either too light or heavy regardless if its 3U or 4U. My example is a 4U with an unstrung weight of 81.85g and BP315mm. Not at all an heavy hitter. 3U spec from Victor so far been consistent around 88g +- 0.2-0.4g

6. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

My last 4u racket was the yellow and then blue JS12. Very good racket but lacks power background short. Since then I switched to 3u and I haven't returned to 4u. Would an astrox 77 4u or TK F SE 4u have more power than a JS 12 4u?

#6 beno22, May 13, 2022
    Last edited: May 13, 2022
  7. Andreas Kihlgren

Andreas Kihlgren Regular Member

Maybe I can add something here. I have both the 77 red and TKF-E in 4u but the comparison is likely similar in 3u.

I find that the TKF-E is lighter and faster but has the same or even slightly more power due to faster swing speed. Therefore, I think TKF-E 3u could be a good option for you. It's certainly my favorite racket and I've tried many.

8. browning

browning Regular Member

I have both Yonex Astrox 77 yellow (supposedly the heaviest of the colours but who knows) and Victor Thruster F Enhanced in 3U (always used 3U as a singles player). I concur the 77 is slightly heavier in static weight and swing weight/head-heaviness, also 77 has a slightly stiffer shaft. When playing competitive MD both can be sluggish in smash defence - TKF-E i a little more difficult (perhaps because of it's elongated and narrower head shape). Surprisingly I find both are great in fast/flat exchanges, no real difference in overhead power between the two. 77 I find better in net kills, TKF-E easier backhand power. Difference is in playstyles, with TKF-E i seem to play a more shotmaking style - maybe due to it's defence limitations but it's just great fun to play attacking shots with.

From CK Yew's player interviews (
    ) and observing matches the players using the TKF-E (or it's sister TKF Claw) are mostly shotmakers
    • WS - Tai Tzu Ying, Kirsty Gilmour
    • XD - Praveen Jordan and other XD pairs
    • MD - Hendra Setiawan (CK Yew vid shows he uses 4U)
    77 seems to be popular with rally style single's players and XD women (not sure what weight they use)
    • WS - ASY, KGE, CYF, WHY
    • XD - HDP, HYQ
    • MD - Alfian (more front court player)
    • MS - Sameer Verma 4U
    • WD/XD Isabel Lohau
    If I was only playing competitive MD I'd probably choose 4U now if I could, MS/XD either 3U or 4U. It seems the majority of doubles pros are using 4U (or 3U even balance). So I'd say if it's defence sluggishness of 77 3U I don't think TKF-E 3U will be much difference, but both are enjoyable to play with, it just depends on what fits your style and level.

9. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

Thank you for your answers.
    Logic would dictate that I go for 4u, but I'm so afraid of the lack of smash from the baseline like with the JS12 4u. However I imagine that the Astrox or TK series are more powerful than the JS series even in 4U.
    The ARS 70K is really good but my game is not versatile enough to use it, it's a shame because this racket is really good. I need to be able to attack from the baseline.

10. what07

what07 Regular Member

JS12 in 4u is a speed type even the new model is speedy/control and a 3u model wouldn't give you as much power vs a astrox or thruster in 4u.

Maybe try to find a 4u Thruster that is on the heavy side, like I mention in my previous post I had one that was on the lighter side and not too headheavy so it was extremely fast but lacking a bit of power. Kinda like a more flexible 88sPro 4u.

I would heavily consider the 88d pro 4u, to me it's a good all arounder if control oriented play is not one of the pirioties. Power and speed are both there.

11. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

The victor being difficult to find, I insisted with the AS77 3u, I now appreciate it on all 3 tables (knowing that I do little MS but a lot of MD and MX) with limits in defenses in MD but when I need power she is there.
    Normally the victor in 3U is faster and lighter, it should be able to solve the problem of defense while keeping the same power don't you think ?

12. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

For those who have played with both 3u and 4u versions.
    Does the 4u have much less power than the 3u?

13. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Yes & no.
    Power come from weight momentum + swing speed. So depend on which kind of racket that give you the highest sum of value.
    Im strength oriented physical form & 3U HH racket are my Axe. But my slimmer friend hit less harder when using my racket coz its slow him down much coz of its weight but using his fav 4U racket he could hit much better.
    Other hand im not speed type person, i swing slower, so using lighter racket wont makes me swing much faster while im losing some momentum due to the light weight.

14. Rommel Alastra

Rommel Alastra Regular Member

I'm interested on TK-F enhanced. but can't decide if I will go for 3U or 4U. I always prefer 4U for head heavy racquets and 3U on even balanced racquets. I used to have 4U AX 88D Pro and and 3U ARS 90K.

A lot of people say that TK-F enhanced is balanced racquet. but TK is a head heavy series racquet by victor.

15. Budi

Budi Regular Member

TK are offensive racket series from Victor, similar to Yonex Astrox series. Head heavy, yes, but different weight distribution could result different feel & playability.
    A mass that focused on the tip of the head vs the bottom of frame would resulting different characteristic even tho the balance are the same.
    Best way is for you to test & feel it yourself, not to mention Victor known to have big tolerance. You could get the heaviest & head heaviest racket or the lightest & borderline to balance racket even if its the same model.
    My TK770 are borderline to 2U with 306BP, making it a true Mjolnir for those who deem worthy for their arm strength.